Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS water tank

Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold

Only if you capture the steam and condense it. Boiling will sterilize water but will not remove any minerals.

Peter
It's easy to do, big pot, a structure to put a bowl, fill half of the pan below structure and bowl level, bring to almost a boil, pit structure and bowl, put the cover upsidedown, put ice on it to condensate, voilá, distilled water. Or just get something to suck the vapor, like those things to make moonshine.*
Even just water won't kill, as long as it doesn't seat too long neither it's consistently repeated.*
Old 10-21-2018, 07:28 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 500 Posts

The 1st run and the 2nd batch of the tank is all sold out.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:38 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Manthey tank - arrived last week, and waiting to be fitted.
You need loads of this stuff and it’s not practical to make the quantities. Why bother - it’s not expensive?

the original tank is not carbon - it’s just looks like it is, but it’s a cover. Take a look...

Worst consumption I had was on hot day at Spa, pushing hard and got about 8km (5miles) for every litre of water. I have a 60l UK tank so will do the job for sure.
Very annoying, and the aim of the Manthey tank design was to make the water last as long as a 90l tank of fuel

And there is a Carrefour Hypermarche about 5 miles from Spa that had a load of cheap water in the ironing aisles...

Old 10-22-2018, 05:50 AM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
I have a Manthey tank - arrived last week, and waiting to be fitted.
You need loads of this stuff and it’s not practical to make the quantities. Why bother - it’s not expensive?

the original tank is not carbon - it’s just looks like it is, but it’s a cover. Take a look...

Worst consumption I had was on hot day at Spa, pushing hard and got about 8km (5miles) for every litre of water. I have a 60l UK tank so will do the job for sure.
Very annoying, and the aim of the Manthey tank design was to make the water last as long as a 90l tank of fuel

And there is a Carrefour Hypermarche about 5 miles from Spa that had a load of cheap water in the ironing aisles...

Distilled water is cheap and even cheaper by the 20 liter. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. You can buy a ton of distilled water for the cost of manthey tank lol.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by manolis
Distilled water is cheap and even cheaper by the 20 liter. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. You can buy a ton of distilled water for the cost of manthey tank lol.
Yes the water is cheap, but its a pain in the *** and very annoying when you run out of water 15 min in a 30 min session. When the water is gone you lose 100 hp (give or take IMO), its like driving a different car and impossible to get into any kind of rhythm on the track. In hot regions such as Florida, the extended water take in a MUST if you plan on tracking your 2RS.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
Yes the water is cheap, but its a pain in the *** and very annoying when you run out of water 15 min in a 30 min session. When the water is gone you lose 100 hp (give or take IMO), its like driving a different car and impossible to get into any kind of rhythm on the track. In hot regions such as Florida, the extended water take in a MUST if you plan on tracking your 2RS.
Yes, I agree. on a track day with lots of traffic, you get a few laps, then you're back in, quite possibly just as you get a clear lap!
I note the 935 has a 20l water tank, instead of 5l, which seems like quite a cheap fix by Porsche...
Old 10-22-2018, 12:56 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Yes, I agree. on a track day with lots of traffic, you get a few laps, then you're back in, quite possibly just as you get a clear lap!
I note the 935 has a 20l water tank, instead of 5l, which seems like quite a cheap fix by Porsche...
Porsche knew the 5L tank was too small for track use so they should have offered a extended range water tank, similar to the fuel tank.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:11 PM
tstafford
Rennlist Member

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by 311RS
Sounds good.

Funny story from Spa - the four the local GT2RS guys had their stash of distilled water for the weekend and WERE NOT willing to share. They claimed distilled water is difficult to get near the track. Needless to say, when they saw we had the Manthey tank we had the last laugh.
Did you challenge them to a battle in Thunderdome? The water wars are real.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:30 PM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
I plan tracking mine soon once I have put enough miles on so will be interested to see how bad it is. Does kinda make me wonder how they ran the car round the NR to set that time without running out of water. It seem all this weight saving has a price somewhere haha.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Group buy

Who else wants in? We've got word from Manthey that we can work out a program for us U.S. GT2RS owners. 5 owners already on board, the more we can get on a pallet the cheaper shipping will be for everyone. Spread the word to those not on the forums.

Send us a PM or an email info@311RS.com.
What happened to the group buy?
Old 10-23-2018, 03:10 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
What happened to the group buy?
Almost ready. Those that have emailed or PM'd us will have a message from us on Thursday - the logistics of this first batch are almost sorted with Manthey

Those who have not sent us a message, we've got a few more days to add your name to this first shipment. PM here or email info@311RS.com
Old 10-24-2018, 11:31 AM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Almost ready. Those that have emailed or PM'd us will have a message from us on Thursday - the logistics of this first batch are almost sorted with Manthey

Those who have not sent us a message, we've got a few more days to add your name to this first shipment. PM here or email info@311RS.com
Great.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in a tank! Please count me in, thx.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:14 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Did this group buy ever happen? I can't get tires up to temp and then still have enough water left for some clear laps!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT2RS water tank