Sponsored by:

Gt3 Allocation ( Saw one today)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 05:38 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by bk_911
Also another thing is 992 GT3 is already being tested (and photographed) So you guys wanting msrp should start calling good guy dealers for 992 GT3 allocations. I'm sure the car will be better in some way(s).
Waitlists have already started at some dealerships. I have a feeling the number of MSRP dealerships will be even lower next time around. It certainly decreased from 991.1 to 991.2. Problem is, some dealerships promise MSRP when you place your deposit to get on the list and then surprise you with ADM later on when an allocation shows up. I am passing on the 992 (and beyond). 991.2 6MT is everything I want in a GT3 and I have no interest in hybrid or turbo. But I agree it’s not too early for those wanting the 992 to start calling.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:45 AM
HitApex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

Waitlists have already started at some dealerships. I have a feeling the number of MSRP dealerships will be even lower next time around. It certainly decreased from 991.1 to 991.2. Problem is, some dealerships promise MSRP when you place your deposit to get on the list and then surprise you with ADM later on when an allocation shows up. I am passing on the 992 (and beyond). 991.2 6MT is everything I want in a GT3 and I have no interest in hybrid or turbo. But I agree it’s not too early for those wanting the 992 to start calling.
The cycle continues. Don't believe the hype. Porsche GT cars are really not worth it. Back to my sideline trolling.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:51 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

Totally agree and it appears at least from RL that WAY more folks were willing to pay ADMs for the .2 vs the .1 so why not. During the .1’s EVERYONE on here bashed ADMs and now many are justifying the ADMs they paid. The dealers are catching on to all the flippers. The more they charge the more they make and potential that deters the flipping or at least they get the profit over the flipper.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:10 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by HitApex
The cycle continues. Don't believe the hype. Porsche GT cars are really not worth it. Back to my sideline trolling.
Actually, the GT# cars (or at least the GT4, GT3 and GT3RS) are among the best bargains on the market at MSRP. But if you drive a lot of high-end sports cars, you surely know this. Now, if your suggestion is to not believe the ADM hype, you've got the wrong guy. I'm not one to cry about dealers asking ADMs or people paying them. It's not my business and I just don't care. But for me, I've never paid an ADM for my GT#s (either directly or indirectly through low trade-in value or buying a Panamera). Do you own a GT3? I ask because it does seem like there is indeed a lot of "sideline trolling" (as you put it) on RL these days. And some of the biggest offenders have no connection at all to GT3 ownership and enjoyment.

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Totally agree and it appears at least from RL that WAY more folks were willing to pay ADMs for the .2 vs the .1 so why not. During the .1’s EVERYONE on here bashed ADMs and now many are justifying the ADMs they paid. The dealers are catching on to all the flippers. The more they charge the more they make and potential that deters the flipping or at least they get the profit over the flipper.
Agree with you. And if it does deter/reduce the flipping, perhaps that is the one silver lining. I think (hope) most of us much prefer that true enthusiasts get to spec their own cars.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:24 PM
HitApex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Es macht nichts;15357755)Do you own a GT3?[/QUOTE]

Being facetious. 997.2. Just pissed I can't find 991.2 MSRP or below deals for new, and now 992s are on the horizon. Maybe time to settle for one that someone else had first.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:47 PM
customryder
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Is a new gt3 at msrp a good deal these days?
Old 10-13-2018, 03:26 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
Is a new gt3 at msrp a good deal these days?
Do you have a pulse?
Old 10-13-2018, 03:37 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HitApex
Being facetious. 997.2. Just pissed I can't find 991.2 MSRP or below deals for new, and now 992s are on the horizon. Maybe time to settle for one that someone else had first.
The rear and front of the 992 looks flat out ugly. No desire to get one - and I suspect many will feel the same. And on the horizon is still 2+ years away.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:55 PM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by guab
I agree. I also wonder how much more fun a manual GT3 would be for the street over the GT4. Need to drive one back to back. I mean obviously ~9000 RPM but the GT4 with a set of dundon headers is an impressive value for a car that's still very fun on the street. It seems that 997.2 GT3's may actually sell for more than the 991.1 GT3's now, assuming no PTS.

Granted, I like the GT3 look way better than the 981 but I am typically not staring at my car a lot =)
Having now owned both, the GT3 manual is just better in many different regards. The long gearing of 1-2 in the GT4 was frustrating. The GT4 was awesome at Sonoma, haven't gotten the GT3 on track yet.

The feel, the looks, the power make a big difference between the two... but I would never have gotten the GT3 if it wasn't a manual - would have kept the GT4.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Having now owned both, the GT3 manual is just better in many different regards. The long gearing of 1-2 in the GT4 was frustrating. The GT4 was awesome at Sonoma, haven't gotten the GT3 on track yet.

The feel, the looks, the power make a big difference between the two... but I would never have gotten the GT3 if it wasn't a manual - would have kept the GT4.
Agree, same here.

Quick Reply: Gt3 Allocation ( Saw one today)