Sponsored by:

Gt3 Allocation ( Saw one today)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

There is a $179k MSRP PDK GT3 with 5k miles for sale at $172k in classifieds.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 217 Posts

My apologies didnt even see that lol. Yea that guys seems he wants it sold like yesterday. But like you said it all depends what options you want and what you can live w everyday. I guess Im seeing a lot over MSRP bc they do have low miles and even more for 6speed Manual. Guess ya gotta Pay to Play.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij

This is a first under MSRP ( at least what I have seen hunting)
Old 10-10-2018, 11:08 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth

This is a first under MSRP ( at least what I have seen hunting)
Yes, although a lot of the early cars (which were all PDK and now ~1 year old) with miles are advertised as ~$10k over. Probably can be negotiated down close to MSRP or slightly above/under depending on spec.

OTOH, I have not seen a touring advertised for less than $20-25k over and the slight MT premium seems to be holding.

I think there is a big difference between a recently delivered car with delivery miles and a car that is a year old with miles. Add your choice of spec, $30k is rich, but $20k-25k for an allocation, even without PTS available is not terrible.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:24 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Hopefully that's the new market. I'm beginning to feel the itch to buy a .2 GT3. Would love to get one under MSRP.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Well had to change my Avatar and Sig. Today was signing day and just couldnt stomach the 21k over msrp plus taxes. Let the hunt continue..... Yall are very helpful and helped me w my decision. Winter coming here in NJ anyway.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:53 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Well had to change my Avatar and Sig. Today was signing day and just couldnt stomach the 21k over msrp plus taxes. Let the hunt continue..... Yall are very helpful and helped me w my decision. Winter coming here in NJ anyway.
Good for you. ADM's are lame and when you start throwing in the ADM and taxes there are other options. It isn't a unicorn for heavens sake. Life is too short but it is also too short to make stupid financial decisions even if you have the means. Other options for same or more enjoyment.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Good for you. ADM's are lame and when you start throwing in the ADM and taxes there are other options. It isn't a unicorn for heavens sake. Life is too short but it is also too short to make stupid financial decisions even if you have the means. Other options for same or more enjoyment.

Totally agree. Im not a rich man and about 26k$ w taxes over MSRP is just ridiculous in my book. Ill just be patient. I said you will have to come down more and Ill be there. Of course they come back w/ we have 3 other guys willing to pay this right now. I said ok. Thanks anyways.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

Totally agree. Im not a rich man and about 26k$ w taxes over MSRP is just ridiculous in my book. Ill just be patient. I said you will have to come down more and Ill be there. Of course they come back w/ we have 3 other guys willing to pay this right now. I said ok. Thanks anyways.
Good for you. If I were you, I'd grab that 173k car on market.
GL wit your search
Old 10-10-2018, 02:13 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Good call. Life goes on and you'll get your car. Best of luck.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:18 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Of course they come back w/ we have 3 other guys willing to pay this right now. I said ok. Thanks anyways.
If they have three other people willing to pay their asking price, then why is the car not already sold? That's what I don't get with dealers asking ADMs. Porsche of Monterey told me they are selling an RS at $30K over because these cars are super hot right now and that's the market price. Ok, well then why is the car sitting on your lot unsold right this very second if they're so in demand? They ordered this car a year ago. So they're saying that in an entire year, they couldn't get a buyer.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
If they have three other people willing to pay their asking price, then why is the car not already sold? That's what I don't get with dealers asking ADMs. Porsche of Monterey told me they are selling an RS at $30K over because these cars are super hot right now and that's the market price. Ok, well then why is the car sitting on your lot unsold right this very second if they're so in demand? They ordered this car a year ago. So they're saying that in an entire year, they couldn't get a buyer.

So tru!

Bc this dealer also has another GT3 Carerra white metallic. 500 miles. MSRP 174$ Asking 184$( Been on lot since like July)(Buckets/Leds/Ceramics/etc..) I asked them whats the deal w this one and why is this one only 10k over MSRP. “ Bc it’s an Automatic he replied”. What?! Is this tru guys? Autos are less then manuals?

So I said to them let me get this straight. The one I want is 161$ MSRP and your asking 182$ bc its a manual w way less options? He said yes.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:07 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
I'd rather pay more money to have a brand new car made to my liking. But, I am a type of person to not buy used car unless it is discontinued.
Same here.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

So tru!

Bc this dealer also has another GT3 Carerra white metallic. 500 miles. MSRP 174$ Asking 184$( Been on lot since like July)(Buckets/Leds/Ceramics/etc..) I asked them whats the deal w this one and why is this one only 10k over MSRP. “ Bc it’s an Automatic he replied”. What?! Is this tru guys? Autos are less then manuals?

So I said to them let me get this straight. The one I want is 161$ MSRP and your asking 182$ bc its a manual w way less options? He said yes.

So $10K over and only 500 miles sitting for months. That's a Porsche dealer too.

The .2's resale aren't nowhere near the .1's at this same time.

The GT buyers pool is only so big with all the .1's and now .2's out there, and lots of cars in the market. Plus, many of them are the same guys just moving to the newest thing. The secondary market is out there, but not at these current .2 asking prices.

The .1 GT3's are selling now just because they're in the $120K's -$130K's ranges.

Most sales guy have a pitch to back up anything they're asking. Let them sit on these cars. Good for ScottyK on not buying the hype.

Will be hilarious to see all these threads in the next 1-2 years.

All the games have been exposed and the average Porsche dealer likability rating has to be one step above a dirty toilet.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
So $10K over and only 500 miles sitting for months. That's a Porsche dealer too.

The .2's resale aren't nowhere near the .1's at this same time.

The GT buyers pool is only so big with all the .1's and now .2's out there, and lots of cars in the market. Plus, many of them are the same guys just moving to the newest thing. The secondary market is out there, but not at these current .2 asking prices.

The .1 GT3's are selling now just because they're in the $120K's -$130K's ranges.

Most sales guy have a pitch to back up anything they're asking. Let them sit on these cars. Good for ScottyK on not buying the hype.

Will be hilarious to see all these threads in the next 1-2 years.

All the games have been exposed and the average Porsche dealer likability rating has to be one step above a dirty toilet.
It's often because PDKs are older as they first came out. We will see a reduction in manual premiums soon enough.

Quick Reply: Gt3 Allocation ( Saw one today)