RUF SCR & CTR

Old 10-10-2018, 03:08 AM
Rstrada
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR View Post
That’s the car, if I’m ever able to.
i know I can’t afford it but what’s the rough price range now?
$500-1M?

Whatever happened to the RGT8?

CTR2017 starting at 750k€. 30 examples but all sold out. SCR starting at 650k€. Limited by the annual production capacity. Still very limited. SCR is the first variant of the new era using the new carbon monocoque.

Consider the V8 a personal project for Alois Ruf now. The engine itself was not clean enough for the environment (not us petrolhead would care but..) & can never catch up to the periodical EU emission standard. So it was dropped.

The black RGT8 test mule would always be a special memory for me. Lucky to drive it and it was fantastic. Imagine a 997 GT3RS 4.0 (still the best of 4.0 imo) with more torque...
Old 10-10-2018, 08:56 AM
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^ Thanks Rstrada!

If you need to ask... But it helps working towards to pie in the sky if you know the number :-)
One day.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 PM
SNB
User

Originally Posted by Rstrada View Post
CTR2017 starting at 750k€. 30 examples but all sold out. SCR starting at 650k€. Limited by the annual production capacity. Still very limited. SCR is the first variant of the new era using the new carbon monocoque.

Consider the V8 a personal project for Alois Ruf now. The engine itself was not clean enough for the environment (not us petrolhead would care but..) & can never catch up to the periodical EU emission standard. So it was dropped.

The black RGT8 test mule would always be a special memory for me. Lucky to drive it and it was fantastic. Imagine a 997 GT3RS 4.0 (still the best of 4.0 imo) with more torque...
Is there any plans to further develop the monocoque for different body types? Speedsters? Targas? Cabs?
That's a shame that we won't see the V8, I was fascinated by it and it disappeared. I hope they still find a way to produce that engine.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:18 PM
hesperus
User

Never got to drive the V8 mule, but back in 2010, heard it on the dyno. Mrs Ruf at the time requested this not to be posted, as the project was top secret at the time. As the motor's sad fate is now known, i guess this should be ok to share now...

sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!
Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 PM
StealthGT3
User

Love the YELLOW one......those bright / aluminum wheels make the car stand out.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Someone needs to separately import the car and engine to the US, specifically Florida.
No problem to title and insure.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:56 PM
CYKBC
User

I like his older stuff much better. This modernized aesthetic on an otherwise old shape just doesn't jive with me.

I'd take this bad boy ueber alles.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/p...ruf-ctr2-sport
Old 12-07-2018, 08:29 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Spme pics from the Essen show for Ruf fans, what an amazing 911

difference between full tort and limited tort

about rain poem
Old 12-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Carrera2RS
User

Oooh.... Man that's lovely
Old 12-07-2018, 01:07 PM
mmuller
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Hoonigans (Youtube channel) recently visited the factory and drove a couple of the car's. Interesting views as they pan around some of the production area's
Old 12-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Detailed Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Oh man these are art. And I concur with the previous statements. The green is gorgeous and perfectly fits the personality of the lines.
Bespoke paint protection film services • Modesta Pure Glass Paint Coating Systems • Restorative Detailing & Paint Correction
Let us improve your Porsche Experience Center delivery Read HERE
770.648.6030 -by appointment only
[email protected]
Old 01-11-2019, 02:22 PM
VOLTCONTROL
User

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
Spent time at RUF factory this summer and saw the green one (a non-running buck) and a carbon chassis being made. For my money, I would buy this over gt2rs, or a Singer. In fact I'd want it even over the new 935.. this is road-legal race tech at its best. It's proper unique custom stuff like the inboard suspension and the fact that all the dimensions are actually different from a 911.. only the windows fit. This is a machine with really different tech and provenance, an awesome naturally aspirated engine. All business, all beauty.
Many thanks for sharing the experience. And the SCR in particular can't be brought to attention enough to my opinion. If you have more details of the visit feel free please to share.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: