Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Have GT3 Dealers become too arrogant?
YES - GT car deals are the Wild West and Porsche dealers are gunslingers
66.18%
NO - GT car sales are just as normal as they always have been
15.44%
MAYBE - I had a great experience but my friends did not
15.44%
NOT SURE - My Dealer dropped me from the GT car list
3.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Have GT3 Dealers become too arrogant?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Have GT3 Dealers become too arrogant?

Have GT3/GT3RS/GT2RS Dealers become too arrogant? Now posting negative comment on RL to complain about customers

Recent GT3RS delivered thread vaporized after said dealer posted negative comments about a buyer who did the same (claim was buyer never recvd copy of final paperwork). I get the fact that dealer SA Mr. J felt slighted and as the seller he had to retort for his ego but it sure begged the question "Are GT dealers getting so arrogant that customer relations and customer service are lower than their ego"
Old 10-05-2018, 11:27 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

To clarify....There are no such thing as GT dealers....they're Porsche dealers that sell GT cars and the demand is through the roof so I would say they are likely a little more matter of fact when it comes to these cars with customers....and my guess is most are good, only a select few we hear about are bad......and not to defend poor customer service but the amount of calls they get with questions about allocations/ price/ etc is probably staggering....
Old 10-05-2018, 12:02 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think we need to be careful about painting with a broad brush in a generalized labeling. IMO, the culture of the individual dealership along with the disposition of the particular individual you are dealing with is the variable. For example, in my neck of the woods, I've had outstanding experience with Roger Jobs Porsche and what I would call a great experience with Porsche of Bellevue (Seattle). Also great experience with Porsche of Salt Lake City. That being said, I've had less than great experiences elsewhere. I don't want to name of them as the individuals representing their business (the sales folks) may be the one's expressing the attitude. I will say, the culture of Porsche of Scottsdale is, IMO, not great....in fact, after several visits there and how the staff as a whole expresses what is there shared attitude (culture), I won't go back again.,,,and if I told them this, they wouldn't care a bit.l Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Bad dealers and bad customers as well. No surprise except forums are comprised almost entirely of customers which inevitably skews the discussion.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:15 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I voted they are gunslingers... but you come on a public forum talking a bunch of S about a dealership and expect someone not to defend themselves, and when they do and it is a dealership they are out of control???? I understand the dealership may not be the best and has a bad reputation... but come on. What the heck do you expect when you pop off on a public forum? The said client seemed very difficult to deal with... not that the dealership was any better...
Old 10-05-2018, 12:47 PM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did the Jack Daniels thread go?
Old 10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by ruuddevil
Senate judiciary committee
Old 10-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

There are more buyers for GT cars (and Porsche in general) than ever before.
Seems like a simple point you’re missing.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:59 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

It's also likely market dependent. Here in LA if I don't waltz in with cash coming out of my pockets ready to pay the asking price/play their games in the palm of their hands, the SAs know someone else likely will. Putting myself in an SAs shoes I guess it would be hard to not be arrogant when you can sell a product that has a line waiting out the door and is the benchmark/measuring stick for just about every sports car under $200k *MSRP* IMO. In my experience sadly Porsche dealer greed/arrogance is the new norm and not exception as the economy is still doing well and GT cars are really unbeatable for the price point. It's more profitable for a dealer to be greedy and demand a high ADM than to focus on customer service and ensuring the client is happy, so that is what most are seemingly doing... just my 2 cents. Thankfully there are still a handful of great dealers out there who do right by all potential clients/customers and not just the VIPs from my experience and likely others, but I've noticed that they usually aren't chains but single owned stores and not in metropolitan areas

Also someone else pointed out that one guy might hate a dealer because he didn't get a desired outcome but another guy might love the same dealer because somehow he did get a desired outcome from the same place. I try to base my judgment on my cursory/inquiring perspective as I had to do the rat race/go through the flaming hula hoops to try and get my GT3 allocation. How you treat any potential client before any sale/agreement is made is the benchmark for me, and many miss the mark
Old 10-05-2018, 03:14 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ruuddevil
searched for it too.. into thin air it went....
Old 10-05-2018, 03:50 PM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx

Senate judiciary committee
Did it allegedly harass someone?
Old 10-05-2018, 03:55 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
I voted they are gunslingers... but you come on a public forum talking a bunch of S about a dealership and expect someone not to defend themselves, and when they do and it is a dealership they are out of control???? I understand the dealership may not be the best and has a bad reputation... but come on. What the heck do you expect when you pop off on a public forum? The said client seemed very difficult to deal with... not that the dealership was any better...
+1

I hate rude self entitled people as much as i hate rude dealerships
Old 10-05-2018, 04:24 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Sharing data only - no opinion to offer.

The Jack Daniels thread is still in Google's cache - so do a quick search - hit the drop down arrow and choose cache. It details what went wrong but, the cache doesn't have specific replies from the dealer (perhaps they were deleted before the cache could pick it up).
Old 10-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,242 Posts

for the record, I have had *great* experiences with Brett@Sonnen Porsche ... one of the good guys.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:24 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Great experience for my first new Porsche (gt4) and for my mt gt3 from my local dealer.... No adm in the gt4 and good discount on the gt3

Quick Reply: Have GT3 Dealers become too arrogant?