Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.5 Month delivery delay but car is paid for, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:25 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 1.5 Month delivery delay but car is paid for, what would you do?

I posted something related in the PEC forum but this specific for my incoming GT3 so wanted to pick the brains of this group here on the financial aspect of my situation.

Long story short, my dealer submitted PEC paperwork way late (according to PEC). Now my car is on the ground but I won't be able to take delivery until 11/20 at the earliest (and even this isn't set yet as I'm waiting for a call back) which I'm livid about if it's truly my dealer's fault for submitting the paperwork later than they could have.

Car is paid for (part loan, part cash) yet I won't even have possession for 1.5 months. Would you be comfortable with this? Would you ask for anything back?
Old 10-04-2018, 04:28 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Meh. No big deal in my view. But I have been waiting forever for my GT3.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
I posted something related in the PEC forum but this specific for my incoming GT3 so wanted to pick the brains of this group here on the financial aspect of my situation.

Long story short, my dealer submitted PEC paperwork way late (according to PEC). Now my car is on the ground but I won't be able to take delivery until 11/20 at the earliest (and even this isn't set yet as I'm waiting for a call back) which I'm livid about if it's truly my dealer's fault for submitting the paperwork later than they could have.

Car is paid for (part loan, part cash) yet I won't even have possession for 1.5 months. Would you be comfortable with this? Would you ask for anything back?
I'm actually surprised that the dealership took any money from you until the car arrived there. My dealership wouldn't even start the process until the car arrived and they were able to inspect it. In the future, I wouldn't pay for something that you can't physically see (no matter what the circumstances).
Old 10-04-2018, 04:54 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts

What was the ADM paid? Depending on the amount, walk away or wait.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:58 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,225 Likes on 480 Posts

Just curious, but whats the big draw of PEC? I get Euro Delivery and do it often, but why PEC? Seems like there is always a wait time since they only allow so many a day. A track event is cheaper in your own car! Just curious. I'd figure out a way to go get it, no way I would wait that long. But that's just me. Enjoy.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I paid for my RS a week before it arrived.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:00 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 787 Likes on 571 Posts

Happened to me and I got the dealer to switch delivery to the dealership when I was notified of the delay......they changed it in one day........it can be done if you need the car earlier.......
Old 10-04-2018, 05:13 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Just wait.....
Old 10-04-2018, 05:14 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Just curious, but whats the big draw of PEC? I get Euro Delivery and do it often, but why PEC? Seems like there is always a wait time since they only allow so many a day. A track event is cheaper in your own car! Just curious. I'd figure out a way to go get it, no way I would wait that long. But that's just me. Enjoy.
Draw for me was that it's an East Coast dealer and I'm in California, so I would have paid for transport anyways and figured PEC would be a lot more fun. Starting to second-guess myself...

Even if I cancel PEC now I'd have to arrange transport which isn't the worst option but I'm a bit pissed if it's truly the dealer's fault for submitting the PEC paperwork late.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

Wait you’re lucky....
Old 10-04-2018, 05:42 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

If the dealer acknowledged that they submitted the paperwork "way late", then leverage that mistake and the 1.5 month down time for some concession.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Even if I cancel PEC now I'd have to arrange transport which isn't the worst option but ....
You could drive it and enjoy a trip during break in miles.

I'm in a similar boat and am planning on track wrapping it myself then hitting the road...been doing this with a number of cars over decades and enjoy the drive across the USA which is the best way to get acquainted
Old 10-04-2018, 06:07 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 608 Posts

if the dealer was late in submitting paper work , then ask them to ship the car to you and for them to spilt the cost with you. I am assuming you were going to pay for transport in full
it cost them 1 k
you save 1 k
fair for both
Old 10-05-2018, 01:49 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m making an assumption here so could well be wrong. If car is goin* to LA PEC then it will be going to Benicia in NorCal - why not San Diego or LA is another mystery? Probably trucking companies. So good chance it will already have sailed past East coast ports. I know as I’m doing the same - East coast dealer and live in NorCal. My car arrived a few weeks ago and I still have another week and a half before collection. Dealer has been fantastic. Big issue in delivery is PEC only deliver one car a day on Tue, Wed, Thur and Fri i.e. 4 cars a week! So even with late paperwork I’m thinking you still would have had a wait. If boat has sailed past east coast ports I don’t think you have any other option than to wait. Even if boat hasn’t got to east coast port I bet it would be doubtful if they could pull it off at this late stage after cars have been loaded by disport. Might be wrong though. Sit back and try and relax is what I would do.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:15 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Have the car shipped to you in a closed truck immediately and ask them to pay for it. Waiting six weeks just to do the PEC stuff seems like a bad trade off.

Quick Reply: 1.5 Month delivery delay but car is paid for, what would you do?