Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 08:51 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
More parts heading out to customers

JC
Hey JC. Will the side bypass you have coming out also have a RL special?
Old 11-01-2018, 06:17 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
I’m really close to pulling the trigger, but can’t make up my mind between a straight center bypass and the bypass with silencers. i have some reading to do. My plan was to do the center bypass and retain oem sides to get more sound and tone but be able to go to quiet mode for neighbors and phone calls. Is this the correct setup? Can I do this with the non silenced center bypass?

can anyone comment on how this compares to Akra? Both titanium, akra the “name brand” is considerably higher priced.
Hopefully the info below can shed some light. Of course as we all know exhaust noise / volume etc is very subjective however I feel this is a good assessment of the two alternatives you're considering.

I have produced a quick guide to the volume based on my opinion. dB meters only tell part of the story as they don't consider drone, nasty resonance vibrations etc. Volume 1-10 with totally OEM set up there as a control.

Option 1 - OEM Side Silencers & JCR Titanium Centre Bypass

With this set up, are you're retaining the OEM side silencers the PSE button is still very much in effect even though there are no silencers present in the centre section.
  • OEM Side Silencers & OEM Centre (Valves Closed - 1 // Valves Open - 3)
  • OEM Side Silencer & JCR Titanium Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 3 // Valves Open - 5)

Option 2 - OEM Side Silencers & JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass

Adding the silenced version of our titanium bypass will ONLY effect the sound when the valves are closed. The sound is almost identical to OEM with valves closed but with valves open the exhaust gasses still head through open pipe so the sound is the same as the non silenced bypass.
  • OEM Side Silencers & OEM Centre (Valves Closed - 1 // Valves Open - 3)
  • OEM Side Silencer & JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 2 // Valves Open - 5)

Option 3 - Add JCR Titanium Bolt On Tips

Another option would be to add on our Titanium Bolt-On tips to either of the above two options listed. Our Tips remove the step down found in the OEM tips (presumably present to cut volume) and feature a conical design which further accentuates the tone and volume of the exhaust system installed when at WOT. They also look pretty awesome too!

In terms of the numbers above, I would add 0.25 when adding the tips into the equation during normal low load driving however when at WOT the difference is exaggerated and I would add 0.75 to the numbers.

Summary

In my opinion there is absolutely no drone when running OEM side silencers with either our regular or silenced version of the titanium bypass however the silenced version will give you a near OEM sound level (basically silent) with valves closed.

Akra vs JCR

As for the comparison to the Akrapovic bypass, absolutely no question that their products are top notch quality. Personally, I feel you pay for the name to a certain extent which is reflected in their retail price, however the one major difference (beyond the price difference alone) to the JCR titanium exhaust line is that our products are all designed to be totally modular direct replacement parts for OEM. This means if in the future you wish to further expand your exhaust set up with Tips, Side Silencers, Headers etc then you're not already committed to selecting from just one brand.

If I can be of any more assistance please do not hesitate to ask!

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Hey JC. Will the side bypass you have coming out also have a RL special?
This bypass offer seems to have gone down very well, im certainly open to running something like this in the future for further JCR offerings

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 11-02-2018, 12:56 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

New Video of my JCR Titanium bypass and tips:

Old 11-02-2018, 01:10 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
New Video of my JCR Titanium bypass and tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoCXR_pNq4
Thats awesome! Really captures the unique sound of our Titanium Centre Bypass and Titanium Bolt On Tips very nicely!

JC
Old 11-02-2018, 02:16 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

Could these bypasses be ceramic coated black safely? I hate the look of titanium after it has been heated up.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:22 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dieselino
Could these bypasses be ceramic coated black safely? I hate the look of titanium after it has been heated up.
We can ceramic coat no problem, there will be an extra charge applied for the process. We use www.zircotec.com for all our ceramic coatings and will be soon offering options for our tips and other items too

JC
Old 11-02-2018, 03:54 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

We can ceramic coat no problem, there will be an extra charge applied for the process. We use www.zircotec.com for all our ceramic coatings and will be soon offering options for our tips and other items too

JC
Any concerns with heat damaging the silenced mufflers? What would you charge?
Old 11-02-2018, 05:36 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dieselino
Any concerns with heat damaging the silenced mufflers? What would you charge?
No concerns on the heat, our silencers have a very high heat tolerance due to their construction and packing material we use. Also, the silencers never get anywhere near full EGT levels as valves open at WOT regardless of PSE button.

Cost for the ceramic coating for the centre bypass adds £295.00 GBP to the price and is available in a range of colours.

JC
Old 11-02-2018, 10:27 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey JC. This titanium system is looking/sounding real good. Can you PM me the best RL package deal for the silenced centre bypass, valved side bypasses, and titanium tips ceramic coated in black. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:54 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

JC what are you selling more of, the silenced or unsilenced center section?
When will you be selling the side deletes or are you already doing that?
Old 11-03-2018, 06:25 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Hey JC. This titanium system is looking/sounding real good. Can you PM me the best RL package deal for the silenced centre bypass, valved side bypasses, and titanium tips ceramic coated in black. Thank you.
PM inbound. Nice choice of parts

Originally Posted by bigskyGT3
JC what are you selling more of, the silenced or unsilenced center section?
When will you be selling the side deletes or are you already doing that?
Currently a 60/40 split weighted towards the non silenced bypass however once our Titanium valved side silencer bypass is available I envisage the numbers will be fairly even between the two.

Our valved and non valved side bypasses are due to be released very soon, can’t wait to share those. They look fantastic!

JC
Old 11-03-2018, 09:44 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

I am currently running BBi side bypass to drop 45 lbs (Remove side mufflers) and have a louder racier sound. Will you make a side bypass and center section for race tracks only?
Old 11-03-2018, 09:49 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

This is my preferred set-up. Are you making a version like this? If not, can you make me a version of this?

Old 11-03-2018, 11:09 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
I am currently running BBi side bypass to drop 45 lbs (Remove side mufflers) and have a louder racier sound. Will you make a side bypass and center section for race tracks only?
Originally Posted by porscheflat6
This is my preferred set-up. Are you making a version like this? If not, can you make me a version of this?

In short, yes we do have something coming which will be straight pipe, no valves no silencers and will feature the factory style 3-bolt tailpipe flange to allow customers to run our Titanium Bolt-On Exhaust Tips (&/or) OEM / aftermarket etc

The part will be named JCR Titanium Race Pipe. I’ll be releasing further info and a full thread as soon as we release

JC
Old 11-03-2018, 08:51 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

The video is the non silenced centre, sides and headers.
To clarify, the video in post #2 is titanium center bypass, valved side deletes, and which headers? The inconel race manifolds, or some other headers?

Can you share dyno results for the different combinations? If they are already out there somewhere, I'm sorry I couldn't find them.

When will the inconel race manifolds be available and are they catless?

Quick Reply: JCR Titanium Silenced & Non-Silenced Centre Bypass