Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:13 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffy66
I posted on the other thread as i am very interested in fitting your bypass and other products to my GT3 and 981 Spyder..I believe your ECU tuning partner is DMS Automotive who i have used in the distant past, and are a very professional reputable outfit..I sent you a message via your website however i'm not sure it got through..My name is John and am based in the UK..
Hey!

Got your message on the other thread. Thanks for the message. Look forward to hearing from you!

JC
Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

Hey!

Got your message on the other thread. Thanks for the message. Look forward to hearing from you!

JC
Many thanks for the quick response..I'm very busy tomorrow but i'll shoot over an e-mail in the evening..I must say i'm really impressed with some of your products..
Old 10-16-2018, 05:58 PM
gt3.997
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

this looks interesting - do you have a comparison (fly by or on car) while driving of a stock gt3 with the silenced and non silenced versions?

Also, what is the approximate lead time for them delivered?
Old 10-16-2018, 06:38 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I ordered one. Will post some pictures and video once it arrives and I install it. I have the valved Fabspeed side delete pipes and I am curious how well this will sound.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Many thanks for the quick response..I'm very busy tomorrow but i'll shoot over an e-mail in the evening..I must say i'm really impressed with some of your products..
Look forward to hearing from you!

Originally Posted by gt3.997
this looks interesting - do you have a comparison (fly by or on car) while driving of a stock gt3 with the silenced and non silenced versions?

Also, what is the approximate lead time for them delivered?
Lots of media coming, we've been so keen to get customer parts out we have some what sacrificed our own marketing material so its a little back to front in this regard but needless to say we will be focusing on creating some really great and representative video to capture all of the different configurations under differing driving conditions

We are currently running around 2 weeks away from point of order to delivery however it'll not be too long until we have a good inventory of stock items in which case delivery world wide is usually within 3/5 days depending on location

Originally Posted by fastmd
I ordered one. Will post some pictures and video once it arrives and I install it. I have the valved Fabspeed side delete pipes and I am curious how well this will sound.
Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the system!

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 10-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

awesome! did you order the silenced version?
Old 10-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

Looking forward to this !
Old 10-17-2018, 02:19 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
awesome! did you order the silenced version?
No, non-silenced. I think the car sounds soft even without valves open. So want a little more sound with valves closed in addition to open.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:18 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

If it were made from cheap T304 stainless steel then you may have a point however our bypass is constructed from a material which costs

Our Titanium Non-Silenced Centre Bypass comes in at $1800 USD, combined with our Titanium Tips the price is €2600 USD

The very popular Sharkwerks T304 Bypass without tips is $1500 USD, our price is right around 20% more for a ‘comparable’ product.

The GRP bypass which includes tips (albeit integral) comes in at $2300 USD, again T304. Our ‘comparable’ product is just over 10% more expensive.

Now, when you consider the price of the base material, T304 vs KS TI-1.2 ASNEX and also add the significant difference in man hours required for construction (all here in the UK) then I’m sure you’ll come to the conclusion that our prices are extremely competitive for what we feel is a superior product.

Regards

JC
Can you elaborate on the difference between using titanium construction vs the T304 steel often used by other bypass manufacturers? From my understanding you are the only one to offer titanium for center bypass other than Akra (I could be mistaken). I'm definitely interested in your titanium non-silenced bypass, I like that OEM tips can be re-used & the quality and attention to detail looks great (looks cool heat cycled), waiting for more videos to come out to hear more sound comparisons
Old 10-18-2018, 01:23 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Can you elaborate on the difference between using titanium construction vs the T304 steel often used by other bypass manufacturers? From my understanding you are the only one to offer titanium for center bypass other than Akra (I could be mistaken). I'm definitely interested in your titanium non-silenced bypass, I like that OEM tips can be re-used & the quality and attention to detail looks great (looks cool heat cycled), waiting for more videos to come out to hear more sound comparisons
Material to material for the exact same part and wall thickness the Titanium part will weight around 40-45% less than the equivalent T304 steel part. Obviously reducing weight is a huge factor especially given its hanging off the back of a rear engined car, with this in mind Titanium for us is the logical choice of material. We also go lower on the gauge of the material than most do with T304 so the weight saving is even more dramatic.

The other difference is the specific hardness of the two materials. Due to this difference Titanium has quite a distinctive resonance which helps accentuate the tones which many of us love.

We designed all of our parts to be modular and work together with OEM and/or aftermarket. We appreciate that sound volume and quality of sound is very subjective and want to give our customers the best possible number of options to achieve the best solution.

Expect a whole lot more video and media to follow soon

JC

Old 10-18-2018, 09:33 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Interested in this exhaust. I am surprised how tame the exhaust is below 4k rpm. My 991.1 c2s with pse sounded so much better at the low rpms.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:12 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by porsche518
Interested in this exhaust. I am surprised how tame the exhaust is below 4k rpm. My 991.1 c2s with pse sounded so much better at the low rpms.
Our non silenced plus tips would most probably be the solution for you if you’re looking for some more sound with valves closed and even more again with valves open.

The OEM exhaust especially with valves closed is almost silent!

You could also disconnect the factory valves and run valves open all the time if you’re keen to have some more low down / idle noise.

JC
Old 10-19-2018, 11:02 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Our non silenced plus tips would most probably be the solution for you if you’re looking for some more sound with valves closed and even more again with valves open.

The OEM exhaust especially with valves closed is almost silent!

You could also disconnect the factory valves and run valves open all the time if you’re keen to have some more low down / idle noise.

JC
That is true, but it also comes with a (for me) almost unbearable drone at 2000-3500rpm part load. Does any of your set ups mitigate that?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:26 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
That is true, but it also comes with a (for me) almost unbearable drone at 2000-3500rpm part load. Does any of your set ups mitigate that?
Drone with the 100% OEM exhaust with valves connected? Just to be sure before I expand on the differences.

Exhaust noise / tone / drone is of course a very subjective matter so without hearing / experiencing an exhaust in person it’s undersanably difficult to properly describe.

JC
Old 10-20-2018, 08:12 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Please post up pics once installed. I am very interested in this product and like the titanium for weight and sound benefits.

Quick Reply: JCR Titanium Silenced & Non-Silenced Centre Bypass