Sponsored by:

JCR Titanium Silenced & Non-Silenced Centre Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:37 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

Drone with the 100% OEM exhaust with valves connected? Just to be sure before I expand on the differences.

Exhaust noise / tone / drone is of course a very subjective matter so without hearing / experiencing an exhaust in person it’s undersanably difficult to properly describe.

JC
100% OEM exhaust. Valves DISconnected (vacuum lines disconnected), i.e. open all the time. Drone/Booming noise from ca 2000 rpm to ca 3500 rpm at any load above coasting.

With valves connected/active, the drone goes away, because the valves close as soon as the car starts moving, no matter the PSE-setting.

My thinking is that it's the center muffler causing the drone, since the side mufflers are only used when valves are closed?
Old 10-22-2018, 03:54 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
100% OEM exhaust. Valves DISconnected (vacuum lines disconnected), i.e. open all the time. Drone/Booming noise from ca 2000 rpm to ca 3500 rpm at any load above coasting.

With valves connected/active, the drone goes away, because the valves close as soon as the car starts moving, no matter the PSE-setting.

My thinking is that it's the center muffler causing the drone, since the side mufflers are only used when valves are closed?
At those RPM's with the centre muffler and valves disconnected you have a great deal of volume and very little exhaust gas velocity. This combination will cause boom / drone. With that said, running a centre bypass with this set up will also create a similar level of boom, due less to the volume but more the lack of silencing material, its not a direct comparison test that I have consciously made so its difficult to comment on this exact area of RPM under these set of circumstances.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 10-22-2018, 06:11 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

OK, thanks. I realize it's a very complex sequence of events regarding exhaust noise/sound etc, and that it is the complete system (in whatever form) that gives the total experience. You are also right that on top of that it's a very individual judgement on what can be tolerated or not. Listening to youtube videos will never give the complete answer. I think the only way I can move forward is to actually test drive (or come along as passenger) a car with the suggested set up.and judge for my self.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:23 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
OK, thanks. I realize it's a very complex sequence of events regarding exhaust noise/sound etc, and that it is the complete system (in whatever form) that gives the total experience. You are also right that on top of that it's a very individual judgement on what can be tolerated or not. Listening to youtube videos will never give the complete answer. I think the only way I can move forward is to actually test drive (or come along as passenger) a car with the suggested set up.and judge for my self.
Absolutely, we have a few members of the forum already adopting this exhaust so I’m sure those guys will be sharing impressions, images and most importantly sound clips of their new set up.

Its a unique sound that our bypass creates but one which I’m sure people will love!

JC
Old 10-22-2018, 03:29 PM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm curious, what type of sound "signature" does Titanium have over say a Stainless bypass (ie. Sharkwerks)?

BTW, is shipping included to USA from UK for your silencer? Thank you!
Old 10-22-2018, 04:05 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gt3touring
I'm curious, what type of sound "signature" does Titanium have over say a Stainless bypass (ie. Sharkwerks)?

BTW, is shipping included to USA from UK for your silencer? Thank you!
Titanium, especially when thin wall highlights the sharper / high pitched tones over that of stainless steel due to the resonance qualities of Ti over Stainless.

Stainless steel offers a more soft, rounded note than Titanium’s sharper more hard edged tone. A note much more often associated to race cars than road cars.

Shipping we offer world wide so no issues there. Due to the weight and size of the package shipping works out very reasonable from UK to USA.

JC
Old 10-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts

Seems very interesting and unique...

How about a RL discount to accelerate uptake?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:33 AM
RickyGT3
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj

+1
Old 10-23-2018, 05:18 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Salj

Originally Posted by RickyGT3
+1
I would certainly be open to offering something of this kind. Ill have a word with Admin and come up with a solution.

JC
Old 10-23-2018, 07:09 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 207 Posts

I would certainly be open to offering something of this kind. Ill have a word with Admin and come up with a solution.

JC
Would it be so impertinent to ask whether a UK based GT3 owner could be included in this generous courtesy..
Old 10-23-2018, 07:27 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Taffy66
Would it be so impertinent to ask whether a UK based GT3 owner could be included in this generous courtesy..
Once I hear back from the admin team im planning to make an offer for RL members, regardless of shipping location so that will be no issue.

JC
Old 10-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Cay_PI
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

The quit path is still louder than OEM, right?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:43 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Once I hear back from the admin team im planning to make an offer for RL members, regardless of shipping location so that will be no issue.

JC
Will it be before I receive mine
Old 10-23-2018, 01:39 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastmd

Will it be before I receive mine
Needless to say if we make any offer of this kind existing orders will be credited to reflect any discount applied

JC
Old 10-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 207 Posts

If i wanted to retain OEM PSE function what options do you have regarding the side mufflers bypass..How much weight do the these save and is the torque reduced under 4k revs with the side bypasses.Also what exactly is your Ti race exhaust and does it affect emissions and warranty..

Quick Reply: JCR Titanium Silenced & Non-Silenced Centre Bypass