Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 GT3RS vs 2018 6spd Manual GT3... THE REAL STORY!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 03:14 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 2019 GT3RS vs 2018 6spd Manual GT3... THE REAL STORY!

Alright Fellow Rennlisters! As we were able to make the request happen... who would win, when both cars properly driven:

2018 6 speed Manual GT3
2019 PDK GT3 RS

Both owners decided on taking a quick trip to Mexico, and try to post some UNBIASED roll races, between the new GT3 RS and the 6spd Manual GT3.

This 6spd Car has run neck and neck with the new Turbo S from a roll, and knowing this... we were a bit of a skeptic of the videos being posted showing the RS 'walking away' from the '18 GT3, and lack of multiple runs.

Now, the GT3's that had been racing the RS' had been PDK to PDK, and there is something to be said for a slight increase in drive-train loss for the PDK vs. Manual (looks to be about 5 to 10 HP at the most depending on the dyno).

You will see MULTIPLE passes here between the RS & the 6spd Manual... and what both the owners agreed... was that once both cars were rolling... the GT3 did seem to pull ever so slightly in the higher gears (4th/5th).

We worked to make these runs EXTREMELY FAIR... and frankly, noticed if the 6spd car got the jump... the 6spd was gone. If the RS got the jump... it was a much closer race... and the 6spd would creep back up on the RS.

Regardless, both cars are AMAZING... and are confident a PDK RS vs. PDK GT3... the RS is going to win. And frankly, if you aren't perfect at rowing the gears... the PDK probably wins against the 6spd cars as well.

Both drivers met at a local gas station near the border and filled up their tanks so that both cars were as delivered, no passengers and full tanks of fuel.

We tried to get a Turbo S and a PDK GT3 car to attend, however their schedules weren't able to make the trip.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 09-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Boxers12
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did one of the drivers have more to eat before the race? Who CARES.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:54 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool vid. Not surprising, my .2 GT3 manual felt waaaay faster than the RS. JK.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:03 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That’s nicest and cleanest road I have ever seen in Mexico!
Old 09-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

Most importantly--what color gold are the wheels on the 3? Custom powder coat?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2018, 04:05 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Great vid. Makes more sense. I suspect the previous result on the other thread was due to possible RS jump and different RPM at the time of start. Cool to see real world objective results. Doesn’t matter which is faster, but at least we know how they really compare. Now we need a Touring into the mix
Old 09-29-2018, 04:24 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Originally Posted by Salj
Most importantly--what color gold are the wheels on the 3? Custom powder coat?

Thanks
Wheels are powder coated 'Titanium Gold with Gloss Clearcoat'.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 09-29-2018, 04:41 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

If the RS had pccb’s it would probably be dead even with the manual pccb gt3 instead of the gt3 slightly pulling
Old 09-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Fake news. RS is RS. Lol

either way sounded like the rs driver was trying to shift his pdk via paddles. Hit the limiter
Old 09-29-2018, 05:39 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

Whatever, neither car is really that fast in straight line compared to the competition . You don't buy either cars for pure straight line performance. Engines are pretty much the same, you by the RS for it's improvement on the track. No one can debate the RS is the better track car.

​​​​​​
Old 09-29-2018, 05:43 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
Fake news. RS is RS. Lol

either way sounded like the rs driver was trying to shift his pdk via paddles. Hit the limiter
He did on one of the runs, yes. Also jumped slightly on a couple. Obviously not an exact science from a roll.

Originally Posted by dieselino
Whatever, neither car is really that fast in straight line compared to the competition . You don't buy either cars for pure straight line performance. Engines are pretty much the same, you by the RS for it's improvement on the track. No one can debate the RS is the better track car.
​​​​​​
Yep, and that's why I can't wait for mine to arrive Dec/Jan! This was more to show that 'HP/Engines' are probably the same. Though the suspension and handling of the RS will more than make up for it around the road course.

When my RS shows up... I'll plan to dyno my car again, to compare to the 6spd RWP numbers. My guess is the numbers will be within a couple of one another.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 09-29-2018, 05:45 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

No one can debate the RS is the better track car.

​​​​​​
As nobody can debate the GT3 is the better on the roads
Old 09-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Man I’m just glad no one got hurt or robbed.. Taking a couple of Porsche’s to Mexico?? You couldn’t pay me to do that. Lol.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:53 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

​​​​​​
I don’t think anyone is debating and RS is a better track car. There was another roll race thread between the RS and PDK GT3. I think Dave was just demonstrating the manual puts more power down to thr wheels. Its great we have people like this on the forums so we can learn about our cars
Old 09-29-2018, 06:24 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger

I don’t think anyone is debating and RS is a better track car. There was another roll race thread between the RS and PDK GT3. I think Dave was just demonstrating the manual puts more power down to thr wheels. Its great we have people like this on the forums so we can learn about our cars
Don't get me wrong the video is great, there seems to be many threads on the RS Vs GT3 lately and all to do with power, it's like arguing which gymnast can lift bench press more weight. Solidifies for me that the GT3 manual is the car for me since majority of the time I will be driving on the street and the manual will be that much more engaging. When I make it to the track I don't think i will ever be able to use either the GT3 or the RS to their full potential, neither will most. RS does look pretty bad *** though!

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3RS vs 2018 6spd Manual GT3... THE REAL STORY!