Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Rennsport reveal: Kardashian speedster

Can anyone get over that huge butt?

He is actually standing in front of it to hide it

Old 09-29-2018, 10:55 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Talk talk and never actually show the car! Genius!!!
Old 09-29-2018, 11:14 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Funny- Americans love the Speedster but only a selected handful will get one- I guess he forgot mention the second part
Old 09-29-2018, 11:25 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

There are previous videos that are very detailed in showing the car. Yes, I am a huge speedster fanboy.

But let’s use one of my few skills (reading between the lines of what people say) to overanalyze what AP says.

He says it has thr engine out of the GT3RS and then quickly corrects himself and says 911R which he says is basically the same. This (to me) reveals or at least suggests that they plan to use the 991.2 GT3 RS engine as has been widely speculated.

The fact that he mentioned wind and noise gives me pause. The GT3 6MT is already at the very limit on emissions (it has a 1 of 10 on the US score) and the speedster body has to be less aerodynamically efficient. Also with noise, there is both the new euro noise regulations as well as the potential noise issues of the GPF. We could see real issues getting emissions to work on a speedster as well as a higher gas guzzler bracket (which I suspect is not very paletable to PAG). Maybe even issues getting to the same 520hp as the new RS.

He also mentions that California is the place for a speedster. This could be (and probably is) a passing comment without meaning, but could also be AP pitching to a reluctant board (made up of Germans) that he can sell 1948 of them at $200k plus each base price.

As I have been saying all along, I think the speedster will actually be a tough sell. Or at least a tougher sell than a lot here think. Convertible Porsches are not popular at all in Europe (a speedster being even less practical), not popular in China and Russia, and we are already seeing 991.2 GT3 RS prices close to or at sticker in Europe and very modest ADM in the US. Sure, it’s going to be a numbered car, but it will also be north of $200k base and if the initial flipper bait marketing does not take, how many people really want and are willing to pay $250k (well optioned) for a topless GT3 with an impractical top and only in 6MT?
Old 09-29-2018, 11:31 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

A bunch of marketing hype is all. It will be the same BS as the R. Tough to get, sold to brokers and flippers for huge ADM's and crazy prices. Porsche should price it at $300+, control the demand that way and make an extra $100K instead of the speculators that will get them all and resale them with zero true fans getting a seat. The crazy people that do buy them for $200K over ADM will never drive them so it will be yet another model of Porsche that never gets driven, just like the R. Carry on, same ole song and dance.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:59 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
A bunch of marketing hype is all. It will be the same BS as the R. Tough to get, sold to brokers and flippers for huge ADM's and crazy prices. Porsche should price it at $300+, control the demand that way and make an extra $100K instead of the speculators that will get them all and resale them with zero true fans getting a seat. The crazy people that do buy them for $200K over ADM will never drive them so it will be yet another model of Porsche that never gets driven, just like the R. Carry on, same ole song and dance.
I see the argument of increasing the MSRP price often and it can't happen, each specific model fits in a category set by performance and price range. If they bump the price by $100-150k then journalists won't be able to review it within a group. And Porsche would get negative press if they priced the Speedster at $300k. Porsche wants to be the good guy, and close eyes to bad guy flippers/dealers. They'll see every single Speedster they make, I'd buy one even thought I can't stand the rear hump (nor the rims but I'd swap those)
Old 09-29-2018, 12:25 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't see how raising the price affects ADM/flipper market. If anything the more expensive they make it, the worse it gets. Person buying 150k car only has so much maybe 25k they will pay in addition. When you get to 300k cars those buyers will pay more ADM. The more expensive the richer the buyers the less they care about the $$ the more they care about having it now.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I don't see how raising the price affects ADM/flipper market. If anything the more expensive they make it, the worse it gets. Person buying 150k car only has so much maybe 25k they will pay in addition. When you get to 300k cars those buyers will pay more ADM. The more expensive the richer the buyers the less they care about the $$ the more they care about having it now.
Yep, ie 2rs adm's.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:15 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I concur. Raising the price brings more attention to flippers and will not deter ADM. Another way of saying the more expensive it gets the more lucrative it becomes.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Yep, ie 2rs adm's.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:47 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Only the car is sillier than the video. Every Speedster except the original has awkward design and proportions. Rarity and buyer psychology keeps the interest and perceived value high.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

if they make a top that's truly functional and easy to use (preferable electric) then I'm in.

NA engine, 500-520hp, manual transmission, convertible. What's not to like? This is dream car comes true. Nothing else in the current lineup can compare. No other car company can match.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Car at looks very svelte in the flesh. The rear bumps are particularly well done. Although, silver is not the best colour for this car....nor is the white. Would look a whole lot better in a dark colour.

And, BTW, this is not the production car. Lots of little things will not make it to production. And you will not see the car in production until 2019.

Still looks fat to me

Quick Reply: Rennsport reveal: Kardashian speedster