Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.2 GT3RS vs .2GT3 Who wins in a roll race?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:07 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
A manual with pccb’s would probably be desd even with the RS.
No it won’t. The result will be the same. .2 GT3 testing has already been done and in the quarter mile they run the exact same mph pdk vs manual, as they should being that they have the same hp. They also run within a tenth of two at the track, also proven by Randy Pobst.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:07 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a Manual or PDK??
Old 09-23-2018, 02:09 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Is it a Manual or PDK??
Both PDK. The manual conspiracy theory is funny 🤦🏻*♂️
Old 09-23-2018, 02:10 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners

No it won’t. The result will be the same. .2 GT3 testing has already been done and in the quarter mile they run the exact same mph pdk vs manual, as they should being that they have the same hp. They also run within a tenth of two at the track, also proven by Randy Pobst.
No one is doubting on the track or in the 1/4 mile it is quicker but from a roll the manual with pccb would be pretty close. The manual loses its time from the launch in a 1/4 mile. It puts down more power to the wheels. I would love to see SCCA race his manual with pccb’s agaisnt a .2 pdk GT3 and a .2 GT3RS.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:13 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

https://youtu.be/2nlH8qkgMtw

We need this guy driving his manual with pccb’s against and RS from a roll.
I would think this result would be way different from a standing start.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:14 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

I would think this result would be way different from a standing start.
Ya, there is another video and the Gt3 gets destroyed. But from a roll the manual is fast.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:16 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Ya, there is another video and the Gt3 gets destroyed. But from a roll the manual is fast.
Still very impressive. These cars are awesome.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:23 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

The parasitic loss between a PDK and Manual are virtually the same. The PDK is not like a traditional slush box automatic with a converter that eats up HP
Old 09-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Certainly better than value thread but who knows which would be faster. I believe the .1 GT3 was slightly faster than .1 RS so would suspect the same in a straight line- not talking track
See Jimmy. An RS is an RS.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

https://youtu.be/2nlH8qkgMtw

We need this guy driving his manual with pccb’s against and RS from a roll.
Interesting. Doesn't make sense though. .
Old 09-23-2018, 03:05 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,132 Likes on 2,890 Posts

.2 GT3 testing has already been done and in the quarter mile they run the exact same mph pdk vs manual, as they should being that they have the same hp. They also run within a tenth of two at the track, also proven by Randy Pobst.

While PDK and Manual have the same hp at the crank, the manual puts a bit more to the wheels (10-15hp more, due to less internal friction and losses from conversion of power to heat). From a rolling start, the Manual should have a small advantage (and PDK an advantage from standing start), particularly when using No-Lift shift feature. Also, the Manual has a small weight advantage (37 pounds, IIRC).

If it was not for the above advantages, then I think PDK would have a slightly larger advantage on a road course when both cars driven by Randy.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:07 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

The parasitic loss between a PDK and Manual are virtually the same. The PDK is not like a traditional slush box automatic with a converter that eats up HP
Serious question though: Anybody know why a stock 435hp 997.2 GT3 puts down about 400 whp sae corrected on a Dynojet, and stock 475hp 991.1 PDK GT3 also put down about 400 whp sae corrected on the same dyno? Were the 997.2 GT3 really under rated or PDK actually has higher drivetrain loss versus the manual?
Old 09-23-2018, 05:24 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Manual vs PDK or is it PDK vs PDK?
Old 09-23-2018, 05:44 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

A couple issues with this race. PDK vs PDK is good, but the RS does have a few advantages which is lighter wheels and lighter brakes. We also don't know if they both had full tanks or empty tanks and was there 2 guys in the GT3 (can't really tell). Would be a more interesting if that stuff was similar. Need to find a PDK with buckets, PCCBs and light weight wheels. Then have same fuel and same amounts of weight. That stuff can make a big difference. I am hoping the RS is faster though since I have a GT3 and a RS coming to replace it....

One more question. Do both have stock exhausts? Sounds like the RS has a center delete which probably cut some weight as well.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:53 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Originally Posted by joejenie
A couple issues with this race. PDK vs PDK is good, but the RS does have a few advantages which is lighter wheels and lighter brakes. We also don't know if they both had full tanks or empty tanks and was there 2 guys in the GT3 (can't really tell). Would be a more interesting if that stuff was similar. Need to find a PDK with buckets, PCCBs and light weight wheels. Then have same fuel and same amounts of weight. That stuff can make a big difference. I am hoping the RS is faster though since I have a GT3 and a RS coming to replace it....

One more question. Do both have stock exhausts? Sounds like the RS has a center delete which probably cut some weight as well.
You sound like Dave. There were NO issues with this race. The GT3 had LESS fuel than the RS. The RS had a passenger the GT3 did not. The GT3 wheels and tires stock are lighter than the 20/21's on the RS stock. Steels versus Ceramics will absolutely not make much difference at all in a race like this. Have you ever raced twin cars one with steels and one with ceramics? I have and I bet you haven't. The RS isn't even broken in yet, the GT3 is. It's absolute hilarity that people think things like brakes make a "big difference" when most haven't even lined up races like this to even compare. The exhausts are both stock on both cars. The driver of the GT3 is also a very experienced driver and races regularly.

No matter what anyone does people make excuses and conspiracy theories. That's just the world we live in. But also let's not forget I own a .2GT3 and it is sitting next to the RS. I don't care which one wins because I own both. I knew the RS would win the minute I drove it for the first time.

Quick Reply: .2 GT3RS vs .2GT3 Who wins in a roll race?