Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

.2 GT3RS vs .2GT3 Who wins in a roll race?

 
Old 09-23-2018, 12:22 PM
  #16  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,221
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Certainly better than value thread but who knows which would be faster. I believe the .1 GT3 was slightly faster than .1 RS so would suspect the same in a straight line- not talking track
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 PM
  #17  
Brosef
User
 
Brosef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 429
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

my money is on the RS. interested to see the results though either way. both are stupidly fast, and I doubt any difference could be felt by the seat of the pants.
Brosef is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:07 PM
  #18  
RyanDDWPartners
User
Thread Starter
 
RyanDDWPartners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: AZ
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

RyanDDWPartners is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:11 PM
  #19  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,535
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

There goes the theory that they put out the same power. An RS is in fact an RS.
robmypro is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 PM
  #20  
RyanDDWPartners
User
Thread Starter
 
RyanDDWPartners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: AZ
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
There goes the theory that they put out the same power. An RS is in fact an RS.
Yes. Not sure why anyone would think they would be equal when one is 500hp and one is 520hp. Along with the fact that the RS will have more ram air effect at higher speeds as well. RS is an RS
RyanDDWPartners is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 PM
  #21  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,535
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
Certainly better than value thread but who knows which would be faster. I believe the .1 GT3 was slightly faster than .1 RS so would suspect the same in a straight line- not talking track
Did a roll race against a .1 RS. It was dead even starting from about 40 to 80mph.
robmypro is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:17 PM
  #22  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,535
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners View Post
Yes. Not sure why anyone would think they would be equal when one is 500hp and one is 520hp. Along with the fact that the RS will have more ram air effect at higher speeds as well. RS is an RS
I also think that if the GT3 is putting out more than 500hp the RS is certainly putting out more than 520. So this could be 520 vs 550.
robmypro is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:18 PM
  #23  
Nick
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 3,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That's a fairly significant gap. Porsche must be being modest regarding the RS hp and the changes to the RS PDK.
Nick is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:19 PM
  #24  
RyanDDWPartners
User
Thread Starter
 
RyanDDWPartners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: AZ
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post


I also think that if the GT3 is putting out more than 500hp the RS is certainly putting out more than 520. So this could be 520 vs 550.
Agree. Both cars are making more power than their states HP from Porsche. We know the GT3's are making 460-465rwhp already and that's at least 520hp. The .1 GT3 and .1GT3RS were very close but every race I did the .1RS would beat the .1GT3 by a bit. I posted a lot of those videos while ago. Some are on my YT and some on my IG
RyanDDWPartners is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:24 PM
  #25  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,535
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners View Post
Agree. Both cars are making more power than their states HP from Porsche. We know the GT3's are making 460-465rwhp already and that's at least 520hp. The .1 GT3 and .1GT3RS were very close but every race I did the .1RS would beat the .1GT3 by a bit. I posted a lot of those videos while ago. Some are on my YT and some on my IG
I wonder if the fact we raced at altitude narrowed the gap we saw. Any HP difference was less in actual numbers here.
robmypro is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:33 PM
  #26  
Fdvigna
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Fdvigna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 304
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post


I wonder if the fact we raced at altitude narrowed the gap we saw. Any HP difference was less in actual numbers here.
same octane ?
Fdvigna is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:42 PM
  #27  
rosenbergendo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rosenbergendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,006
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Wow that RS pulled big time! That isn’t 20 hp diff!!! And it has a more draft aero! Impressive!
rosenbergendo is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 01:49 PM
  #28  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,535
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fdvigna View Post


same octane ?
Definitely. We pretty much all run 91.

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo View Post
Wow that RS pulled big time! That isn’t 20 hp diff!!! And it has a more draft aero! Impressive!
I wonder about the weight of both cars. Fuel load, pccb vs iron brakes, cage, etc. Any details?
robmypro is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM
  #29  
RyanDDWPartners
User
Thread Starter
 
RyanDDWPartners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: AZ
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post


Definitely. We pretty much all run 91.



I wonder about the weight of both cars. Fuel load, pccb vs iron brakes, cage, etc. Any details?
With the fuel loads and everything else they are probably within 25-50lbs. My RS will likely get a bit quicker over time too. It only has 150 miles. The GT3 has 1700 😉 Remember the 21/20’s on the RS weigh a good bit more than the stock 20in setup on the GT3. My car does have HRE’s which narrows that gap.
RyanDDWPartners is offline  
Old 09-23-2018, 02:03 PM
  #30  
drdonger
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
drdonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,718
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

A manual with pccb’s would probably be desd even with the RS.


We need this guy driving his manual with pccb’s against and RS from a roll.
drdonger is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: