Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orthojoe's GT3RS thread: ED and the end of an era for me

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 02:03 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Well, it took 10 weeks (!!), but I finally got the call from the dealer that the car has arrived. There's a buzzing sound coming from the passenger side that I asked to be fixed and then I'll pick up hopefully by Friday. Problem now is they don't have lizard green touch up paint in stock. I should have been smarter and placed the order on my own weeks ago. Now I have to wait for the paint to arrive before I can have the chips fixed and clear film finally put on the car. There's a laguna track day this weekend, but it looks like rain. Hoping to take the car to thunderhill in 2 weeks.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:29 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by maspirito
Driving in Europe has become a nightmare. If I lived there a self driving car would be a wonderful option. I drove in Switzerland and France this year and both times it was frustrating to say the least. With the constantly changing speed limits the only way to get around is with GPS help because the speed limits change seemingly every 35 seconds. Really nerve-racking.
For me it is the opposite. Every morning when I am going to the office, I drive a section of the autobahn with over 200 km/h and I feel much safer compared to making 55mph in US.
My perception: driving in US is more dangerous as people can pass you from right. I just cant get used to it.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:47 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Vendor

Location: Reno/McCarran, NV - Bay Area, CA - NW Burbs of Chicago, IL
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Well, it took 10 weeks (!!), but I finally got the call from the dealer that the car has arrived. There's a buzzing sound coming from the passenger side that I asked to be fixed and then I'll pick up hopefully by Friday. Problem now is they don't have lizard green touch up paint in stock. I should have been smarter and placed the order on my own weeks ago. Now I have to wait for the paint to arrive before I can have the chips fixed and clear film finally put on the car. There's a laguna track day this weekend, but it looks like rain. Hoping to take the car to thunderhill in 2 weeks.

Looked like an awesome trip! I was at Nurburgring and Spa a couple days after you and the weather was unseasonably good. Unfortunately I only got a couple laps during a TF day in a stock Ford Fiesta because we were late leaving Paris and grossly misjudged the traffic getting out of the city on a Wednesday morning. No laps at Spa but still a great experience getting to visit- that track is gorgeous. One day hope to go back in something a little more capable and fun (a Porsche GT car is preferable but I'll take anything if it means I get more seat time on the ring )

My parents just put down a deposit for the Taycan and I'm pushing them to do ED. Seeing trips like this reinforce why you should do it if it's even remotely in the cards.

Are you going to Thunderhill with Speed SF in a couple weeks? If so I'll be out there as well instructing and will have to stop by to say hi and see the car! Still have yet to see LG in person.

-Matt M.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:41 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Looked like an awesome trip! I was at Nurburgring and Spa a couple days after you and the weather was unseasonably good. Unfortunately I only got a couple laps during a TF day in a stock Ford Fiesta because we were late leaving Paris and grossly misjudged the traffic getting out of the city on a Wednesday morning. No laps at Spa but still a great experience getting to visit- that track is gorgeous. One day hope to go back in something a little more capable and fun (a Porsche GT car is preferable but I'll take anything if it means I get more seat time on the ring )

My parents just put down a deposit for the Taycan and I'm pushing them to do ED. Seeing trips like this reinforce why you should do it if it's even remotely in the cards.

Are you going to Thunderhill with Speed SF in a couple weeks? If so I'll be out there as well instructing and will have to stop by to say hi and see the car! Still have yet to see LG in person.

-Matt M.
Thanks, man. Yes, I'm hoping to debut the car at Thill that weekend with SpeedSF. Hopefully I'll see you then!
Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well congratulations finally!!!! We need to get the two brothers together - I get enough stares as it, two could be a show stopper!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 08:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Look forward to your lap time comparo on those tracks where you are 10/10th and know like the back of your hand
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FelisMalicious
For me it is the opposite. Every morning when I am going to the office, I drive a section of the autobahn with over 200 km/h and I feel much safer compared to making 55mph in US.
My perception: driving in US is more dangerous as people can pass you from right. I just cant get used to it.
Oblivious is deadly at 35MPH...

Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Hilarious- how do two dealers separated by 700 miles received cars from the same ship the same day?

Anyways I got the call today (they got it yesterday), just in time for snow in the passes I have to cross to get to it, ugh!

Old 11-28-2018, 11:10 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by montoya

Hilarious- how do two dealers separated by 700 miles received cars from the same ship the same day?

Anyways I got the call today (they got it yesterday), just in time for snow in the passes I have to cross to get to it, ugh!

Lol! Who knows, just my luck. My .1 GT3 sat at port for 4 weeks before it showed up at the dealer and it wasn't a 2014 engine replacement. It was a 2015.

If it makes you feel better, the rain arrived just in time for the arrival of my RS. Not a drop of rain before it arrived! I haven't been to a track in over 2 months! Will be close to 3 months before I get another chance!
Old 11-29-2018, 02:03 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Lol! Who knows, just my luck. My .1 GT3 sat at port for 4 weeks before it showed up at the dealer and it wasn't a 2014 engine replacement. It was a 2015.

If it makes you feel better, the rain arrived just in time for the arrival of my RS. Not a drop of rain before it arrived! I haven't been to a track in over 2 months! Will be close to 3 months before I get another chance!
LOL! Well there is the Sonoma SCCA Major in January...
Old 12-02-2018, 02:18 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

After 10 weeks, the car is finally back! Paint chips getting fixed. PPF going on next week. AP caliper kit going back on. Thunderhill in 2 weeks!

Old 12-02-2018, 02:23 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Very cool Spa and Ring stickers on the sides of the wing. Enjoy.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:17 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

LG is such a stunning color! Makes me want to order the new Spyder only because LG may be offered as a special color.

Joe, chip repair paint may need longer than a week to cure before you put the PPF. If not, paint may come off when the ppf comes off. Talk to the ppf guy about this.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:20 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Wing stickers are a great touch!
One day I must dress up Mr Purple :-)
Old 12-02-2018, 09:53 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Very nice Joe!

Quick Reply: Orthojoe's GT3RS thread: ED and the end of an era for me