Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orthojoe's GT3RS thread: ED and the end of an era for me

Old 10-03-2018, 01:05 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I got a tax bill also - its essentially a road tax ... they also list their banks IBAN # on the letter so its easy to pay online if your bank supports overseas transfers

ditto on the speeding ticket...

I would not fail to pay that ticket if you ever plan to return to Germany - it will be flagged in their systems and would appear to the Politzei checking your passport at the border its niot worth the hassle of dealing
with that after rolling off an international flght!
Is the tax bill my responsibility?
Old 10-03-2018, 02:46 PM
mig7410
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just got back myself

My friend picked up his GT3 RS also and I rented a Cayman for some travel around Europe. Hit some of the passes in Switzerland and the Steivio Pass.
Then we headed up to Spa for a two day event. On the last day we got to go the first night of Octoberfest to cap off the trip. Awesome times.
Photo of my rental at Spa, the Cayman with all seasons didn't cut it

Old 10-03-2018, 04:42 PM
LOL
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great write up and congrats on the car! Hope you travel to Europe more often, there is tons to see (and in my opinion, better than even Germany).
Old 10-03-2018, 06:07 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,706 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I think Porsche pays that

Old 10-03-2018, 07:25 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

WOW, congrats sir! Reminds me of my trip in 2015. All the best Joe and thanks for the write-up.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry I missed seeing this thread earlier, but what an epic read Joe!! One of the best posts I have seen on this board, period and it felt like we were along for your trip with awesome photos and video. I am glad you had such a great time with your wife on the ED and your car looks simply sensational. Thank you again for your patience and business mate and I am thrilled I could assist in getting you the car you wanted. I look forward to calling you when that green beast arrives back here for you to pick her up!
Old 10-03-2018, 07:49 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
No its not. PAG paid that as part of the ED. IIRC that is a receipt that has to be submitted back to PCNA. Look in your ED packet and see if there is an addressed, empty envelop in there for you to submit that. If not call PCNA and get it taken care of by requesting the address and ATTN to it needs to go to.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:16 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Sorry I missed seeing this thread earlier, but what an epic read Joe!! One of the best posts I have seen on this board, period and it felt like we were along for your trip with awesome photos and video. I am glad you had such a great time with your wife on the ED and your car looks simply sensational. Thank you again for your patience and business mate and I am thrilled I could assist in getting you the car you wanted. I look forward to calling you when that green beast arrives back here for you to pick her up!
Thanks, Brett. Once again, hats off you to and Sonnen Porsche for doing good business and doing right by your customers. Hopefully the green machine catches a boat ride sooner rather than later!

Originally Posted by ExMB
No its not. PAG paid that as part of the ED. IIRC that is a receipt that has to be submitted back to PCNA. Look in your ED packet and see if there is an addressed, empty envelop in there for you to submit that. If not call PCNA and get it taken care of by requesting the address and ATTN to it needs to go to.
Thanks, man. Will follow up with this
Old 10-04-2018, 03:54 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

In france you get to pay right on the spot and get a nice photo for a souvenir
Old 10-04-2018, 10:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
In france you get to pay right on the spot and get a nice photo for a souvenir
Details?
Old 10-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Intermediate

This was in my ED papers: ""Important: When you return from your trip, you will receive a document titled "Hauptzollamt Ulm" from the German Motor Department. This document is just an advisal on the taxes due for your registration and that the amount will be direct debited from the account provided on you SEPA documents which belong to Porsche AG. The enclosed envelope is included to return the original document to return the original once recived"
Old 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,236 Posts

Originally Posted by 9931996
This was in my ED papers: ""Important: When you return from your trip, you will receive a document titled "Hauptzollamt Ulm" from the German Motor Department. This document is just an advisal on the taxes due for your registration and that the amount will be direct debited from the account provided on you SEPA documents which belong to Porsche AG. The enclosed envelope is included to return the original document to return the original once recived"
well spotted
Old 10-30-2018, 04:33 AM
Intermediate

I had to pay 150 Euro fine on the spot for driving >140 km/h in 90 km/h zone. My DL was suspended for 90 days, which means i could not drive in France and Switzerland. I was given temp DL and was OK to drive in Germany. i got my suspended DL mailed to me 3 month later. They took my CA DL, not international driving permit.
When they took my DL away, I asked - "now what? how do i drive on" (this was in the middle of burgundy " - they said "madam drives" - that was a solution ;-)
Old 10-30-2018, 05:31 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 9931996
I had to pay 150 Euro fine on the spot for driving >140 km/h in 90 km/h zone. My DL was suspended for 90 days, which means i could not drive in France and Switzerland. I was given temp DL and was OK to drive in Germany. i got my suspended DL mailed to me 3 month later. They took my CA DL, not international driving permit.
When they took my DL away, I asked - "now what? how do i drive on" (this was in the middle of burgundy " - they said "madam drives" - that was a solution ;-)
You were lucky that happened in France and not in Switzerland; the fine would have been significantly higher.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:52 AM
maspirito
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Driving in Europe has become a nightmare. If I lived there a self driving car would be a wonderful option. I drove in Switzerland and France this year and both times it was frustrating to say the least. With the constantly changing speed limits the only way to get around is with GPS help because the speed limits change seemingly every 35 seconds. Really nerve-racking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Orthojoe's GT3RS thread: ED and the end of an era for me