Sponsored by:

JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts
Default JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3

This week I used my new JackPoint jack stands for the first time for a tire rotation on my GT3. I just had to make a post about it to gush about how great they are.

Up until now, when rotating tires between track events I've had to lift the back using two jacks and swap the wheels around with the car held up on the jacks. You shouldn't trust jacks to hold up a car in general and I particularly don't trust the jacks I was using which are ancient and decrepit. With the JackPoint stands back ordered though, I didn't have a choice and it made me very nervous. People in the 991 section talk about ways to lift the car or place it on jack stands outside of the proper jack points but none of that works on a GT3 with the under tray covering up pretty much everything.

Well... my stands finally came in a little while back and I couldn't be happier.

With these, I now only need to jack the car up twice. Once for each side. Lifting from the back, the front comes up enough to place a stand and then I lower it onto the JackPoint stand. Repeat on the other side and then deal with all 4 wheels.

I'm beyond satisfied with these things and think everyone should have them!

My pit crew helping with the tire rotation.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:16 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

I agree - I've been very happy with mine too. Nice how they have different top plates to work with different brands of car too (that have different jacking receiver types). I use on Porsche and my Mits Evo.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Alternatively, you can use rear cross member for your jackstands.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It says out of stock still. Months it seems. I sent them message. I'll call. I need
Old 09-21-2018, 04:00 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Serge944
Alternatively, you can use rear cross member for your jackstands.
Can you? Is that not covered by the under-tray? I stuck my head under and didn't see anywhere that looked remotely plausible for a stand.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:02 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
It says out of stock still. Months it seems. I sent them message. I'll call. I need
I have a feeling they're perpetually back-ordered. I emailed them early this year and he put me on a list and eventually my ticket got pulled and I got them.

Definitely don't look at the website, see "out of stock" and give up with the idea that you'll check again in a few weeks and it will be difference. Get in touch. Get on the back order list.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:12 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set that I am no longer using now that I have a Quickjack.

PM me if anyone wants a set.
Daryl
Old 09-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PM sent. please email me - easier- gofishracing@aol.com
Old 09-21-2018, 04:29 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperUser
I have a set that I am no longer using now that I have a Quickjack.

PM me if anyone wants a set.
Daryl
how do you like the QJ? I've been thinking of getting one.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

If someone local (Phoenix area only - won't ship these!) wants a pair, I've got some taking up space in the garage too.
PM or email if interested.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:55 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
how do you like the QJ? I've been thinking of getting one.
Jacking my old 964 and SUVs was very easy with a combo of Jackpoint and Esso jack stands. I picked up a Vantage a couple of years ago, it so low and very tricky to get u. I purchased the QJ just to get it up safely, they work as advertised and are not too hard to move around.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
This week I used my new JackPoint jack stands for the first time for a tire rotation on my GT3. I just had to make a post about it to gush about how great they are.

Up until now, when rotating tires between track events I've had to lift the back using two jacks and swap the wheels around with the car held up on the jacks. You shouldn't trust jacks to hold up a car in general and I particularly don't trust the jacks I was using which are ancient and decrepit. With the JackPoint stands back ordered though, I didn't have a choice and it made me very nervous. People in the 991 section talk about ways to lift the car or place it on jack stands outside of the proper jack points but none of that works on a GT3 with the under tray covering up pretty much everything.

Well... my stands finally came in a little while back and I couldn't be happier.

With these, I now only need to jack the car up twice. Once for each side. Lifting from the back, the front comes up enough to place a stand and then I lower it onto the JackPoint stand. Repeat on the other side and then deal with all 4 wheels.

I'm beyond satisfied with these things and think everyone should have them!

My pit crew helping with the tire rotation.

my advise for next tire rotation, do it on a flat surface w/o inclination, you never know what could happen.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:51 AM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple of years ago I bought the Quickjack portable car lift. Gave up on expensive solutions that were not entire solutions. Quickjack is easy to store (lean it against a wall) when not in use and lifts the car about 19-22" at the factory jack points and locks in place making it extremely safe. If you do your own maintenance and/or do track prep in your garage they are the best solution I have found. Some guys take them to the track also.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:07 PM
dieselino
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
A couple of years ago I bought the Quickjack portable car lift. Gave up on expensive solutions that were not entire solutions. Quickjack is easy to store (lean it against a wall) when not in use and lifts the car about 19-22" at the factory jack points and locks in place making it extremely safe. If you do your own maintenance and/or do track prep in your garage they are the best solution I have found. Some guys take them to the track also.
Interesting, will cost the same as 4 Jackpoint stands. Do they slide under your GT3 without having to lift the car or up on ramps?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:15 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselino
Interesting, will cost the same as 4 Jackpoint stands. Do they slide under your GT3 without having to lift the car or up on ramps?
I’m sure that is a great solution, but when comparing to Jackpoints you only need to figure on buying 2 (and two inexpensive standard jack stands). When jacking the rear side jacking point, it raises the front side as well (allowing you to place a conventional stand there)

Quick Reply: JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3