Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazing they pay for advertisement in Panorama but haven't had products in I think at least 6 months. Oh well.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:48 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Small update. I emailed them and they said it was about a 4 week wait list and I could be put on that list with no charge. I agreed.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
Small update. I emailed them and they said it was about a 4 week wait list and I could be put on that list with no charge. I agreed.
How many did you order?

I've been thinking about it. You really only need one. Jack up the car from the rear jack point to raise the whole side, slide a regular jack stand under the front jack point and the JackPoint on the rear. Then do the same on the other side, leave the rear jack point on the jack and place a regular jack stand on the front. Am I missing something?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:21 PM
AAK GTS
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
How many did you order?

I've been thinking about it. You really only need one. Jack up the car from the rear jack point to raise the whole side, slide a regular jack stand under the front jack point and the JackPoint on the rear. Then do the same on the other side, leave the rear jack point on the jack and place a regular jack stand on the front. Am I missing something?
If you want to work on one side at a time. Two JackPoints and you can raise the entire car.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

He’s suggesting working on it with the jack holding up one side of the rear.

It’s not a good idea.

Besides, they only sell them as pairs anyway.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Palting
How many did you order?

I didn't order any. I was just put in a list apparently. Let's see what he says when he replies. I plan to order 2 since I only ever need to raise one side.

It is a personal thing, but I'm never good at/feel comfortable using something other than the 4 main jacking points of the car. I don't like front/rear center points since I don't have a good jack to get under there.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:04 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Update: I inquired and asked to be put on a waiting list mid-October. They finally arrived last week.

Didn't use them on the GT3, but changed the oil on my Accord. Made things much easier. Although I have no idea how to use those little rubber circular pads.

Worked well, although I wish they were maybe another inch or two higher. These put the car at basically the same height as my Autozone ramps. Maybe an inch more.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:51 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

You don't use the rubber pads with the pinch seam tops you're using on your accord.

You use them on the low profile tops you'll use on your Porsche. You should have some metal pieces that fit in the holes on the rubber pads and fit the holes on the top of the low-profile jack stand tops. That metal piece also fits the holes in the jack points under your Porsche and will keep the thing properly positioned while providing a little cushion to protect the paint under the car.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Here it is all assembled.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

JackPoint Jack Stand Pair - Low Profile Pad - Matte Finish

Share4Price:$299.00
Availability: Out-of-Stock
Old 12-11-2018, 01:53 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
You don't use the rubber pads with the pinch seam tops you're using on your accord.

You use them on the low profile tops you'll use on your Porsche. You should have some metal pieces that fit in the holes on the rubber pads and fit the holes on the top of the low-profile jack stand tops. That metal piece also fits the holes in the jack points under your Porsche and will keep the thing properly positioned while providing a little cushion to protect the paint under the car.
Ah thank you. Makes sense now. They sent me about 3 sets of those rubber discs so I assumed I would have to use them for each pad. Well I guess I'm lucky I have extra because the pinch welds on my Accord shredded a set. :P

Does this photo I found on Google mean I can use two sets? Because even the "pinch weld" puck can support the 911. I can put the low profile puck underneath and the "larger" puck on top to get the GT3 an inch or two higher. Or is that not the intention?

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Price:$299.00
Availability: Out-of-Stock
From my understanding, the website has shown this for many many months now. If you want a set, email them. They will get back to you after some time to get you on a waiting list. I got mine after I emailed them on October 15th.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

I wish they sent me extras! One of mine is definitely a bit worse for wear after only being used a few times.

As for stacking the pads... I think that might be a bad idea. I know mine don't even sit nicely on top of one another for storage. I suspect that picture might be of a different one than the low profile one. FWIW, I already barely fit mine under the car and have to drive onto some wood in order to do it. There's zero chance I'd be able to fit two of them under it. I don't think I could fit that pinch weld one you have under mine.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:16 PM
shamoo
Instructor

That one on the bottom of the stack might be these: https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com...-Pair-JPRP.htm

Originally Posted by website
The Jackpoint Recessed Pad has a 3.25 inch diameter recessed area in place of the riser on the Low Profile and Standard Pads. It is great for use with specialty jack or chassis adapters you own or plan to purchase. The Recessed Pads can be purchased separately or as substitute pads for the Standard or Low Profile Pads with a pair of Jackpoint Jackstand bases at no extra charge.
Item #: JPRP
Old 02-13-2019, 06:25 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Received a set of jackpoint jack stands, but my Craftsman jack will not fit completely "thru" the stands. Anyone use these on a 991 GT3 and can recommend a compatible jack?
Old 02-13-2019, 06:37 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Received a set of jackpoint jack stands, but my Craftsman jack will not fit completely "thru" the stands. Anyone use these on a 991 GT3 and can recommend a compatible jack?
I use a basic Harbor Freight one. It is their heavy duty 3 ton low profile one. Fits nicely.

I don't know if it is item 64264 or 64266. They look the same to me.

Quick Reply: JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3