Sponsored by:

JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Can you? Is that not covered by the under-tray? I stuck my head under and didn't see anywhere that looked remotely plausible for a stand.
The rear cross member is just in front of the engine under tray. Just follow your rear lower control arms as they extend from the wheels - can't miss it.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:00 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Pruettfan
A couple of years ago I bought the Quickjack portable car lift. Gave up on expensive solutions that were not entire solutions. Quickjack is easy to store (lean it against a wall) when not in use and lifts the car about 19-22" at the factory jack points and locks in place making it extremely safe. If you do your own maintenance and/or do track prep in your garage they are the best solution I have found. Some guys take them to the track also.
I like the jack stands... but I think I have the room for a QJ. Which model is recommended?
Old 09-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quickjack (Bendpak) has recently made some changes to their lineup which has extended the jacking points to ensure that they fit a wider range of cars. The initial models were too short for the modern 911s for example. For the guy who asked about them fitting under a GT3, they sit on the floor in the center of car and you drive over them they are just 3" thick so anything will drive over them on level ground. After driving over them you pull them towards the side and match them to the jacking points, hit the up button and your done. I lean mine against the wall vertically when not in use using a cargo strap and wall anchor then place the pump next too it. Anyone with a garage or storage closet can make it work. Each lift piece weighs 70 lbs and has small wheels on one end so when you stand it up vertically you can maneuver it easily. Best thing to do is measure the jacking points of all of the vehicles you plan on lifting and look at the weights and select what works best for your cars. I have the BL-3500SLX which works great for my M2, I believe it will work on a 991 GT3 also but since I don't have one yet I cannot confirm.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Correction, I have the BL-5000SLX
Old 09-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG

I’m sure that is a great solution, but when comparing to Jackpoints you only need to figure on buying 2 (and two inexpensive standard jack stands). When jacking the rear side jacking point, it raises the front side as well (allowing you to place a conventional stand there)
Yep. See my picture on the first page. You can see this is exactly what I did. Lift from the rear jack pointing using the JackPoint saddle. The whole side comes up, so you just place the front stand under the front jack point. I use hockey pucks there. Repeat on the other side and the whole car is in the air after just two lifts.

Originally Posted by Serge944
The rear cross member is just in front of the engine under tray. Just follow your rear lower control arms as they extend from the wheels - can't miss it.
Thanks for this! While I don't need it anymore at home, I'm gonna go looking for it next time I swap my wheels around so I know for the future. Might be VERY useful if I'm ever helping someone at a track or something.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:03 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking into getting a set of JackPoint stands. Based on photos, do people typically purchase 2? And then get 2 other "standard" stands?

Is there a specific model of Jackpoint I should be looking at? Along with which "puck"?
Old 10-05-2018, 03:10 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,132 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
I'm looking into getting a set of JackPoint stands. Based on photos, do people typically purchase 2? And then get 2 other "standard" stands?

Is there a specific model of Jackpoint I should be looking at? Along with which "puck"?
Yes, just need a pair (and a pair of conventional stands). These would work well (out of stock at moment):

https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com...ish-JSLPMF.htm

You want the Low Profile Pad:

"The Low Profile pad will not work on pinch welds and is designed for: Porsche 911 - 1987 and later (911 Carrera, 964, 993, 996, 997, 991), Boxster, Cayman, 944. Chevrolet Corvette - C5 and C6. Nissan GTR. BMW 3 series, Audi A6, A7 - (when used with optional Adapters). "
Old 10-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Daryl has a set standard- I needed low profile- contact him. see above- you will need different pinch top piece if they have it ,or respond.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:25 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by GrantG
Yes, just need a pair (and a pair of conventional stands). These would work well (out of stock at moment):

https://shop.jackpointjackstands.com...ish-JSLPMF.htm

You want the Low Profile Pad:

"The Low Profile pad will not work on pinch welds and is designed for: Porsche 911 - 1987 and later (911 Carrera, 964, 993, 996, 997, 991), Boxster, Cayman, 944. Chevrolet Corvette - C5 and C6. Nissan GTR. BMW 3 series, Audi A6, A7 - (when used with optional Adapters). "
Thanks sir. I thought they had different height stands? I would like something that allows the car to sit higher. This one looks very low?

Also I would like to use this on my other cars (Accord and Sonata). I assume I can put different pads/pucks on there?

For example this one I grabbed from Google Images looks much higher.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:33 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shamoo
Also I would like to use this on my other cars (Accord and Sonata). I assume I can put different pads/pucks on there?
Yes, I interchange pads with my Mitsubish Evo that requires the slotted pad for the pinch weld on those.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

to me it's an issue of availability ..some items show in stock ..some not ...but no reply to any emails I've sent regarding purchasing .....that got me looking at used stands like Daryl has.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
to me it's an issue of availability ..some items show in stock ..some not ...but no reply to any emails I've sent regarding purchasing .....that got me looking at used stands like Daryl has.
This is my issue as well. It has said out of stock for months on their website.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:03 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cadaver

This is my issue as well. It has said out of stock for months on their website.
Someone suggested contact them directly (phone or email) to get in line.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:40 PM
shamoo
Instructor

I emailed them just now.

My question is, even if the "correct" ones for the GT3 are backordered, I was under the impression that there are different "pucks" you can get. So can I just buy any of the models and buy the correct puck for my vehicle?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:52 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 218 Posts

Damn. How much are the JackPoint jack stands now. I remember I got 4 for like $600 a few years ago.

Quick Reply: JackPoint Jack Stands Under a GT3