Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

R&T Performance Car of the Year

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 11:53 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
OK sound?? Hmmm......Something was clearly defective in your test sample....or you.
Yes, it was me. I prefer the higher pitched V8 sound esp 458. The V10 is just ok in my ears. There was nothing wrong with the car.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:58 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,383 Likes on 639 Posts

The ergonomics in the lambo are atrocious.

The noise is great.

But I cannot get comfortable enough to actually put miles in one and as a result cancelled mine. I'm 6-1 190 but no way I couldn't fit with a helmet. Was very disappointed, literally no point in spending that money for me unless I can track it. Seats are turrrrrible.

The AWD in the standard huracan is pretty mechanical and not very fluid on track from my time in the car (about 15 laps at willow springs)

I love the newer gearbox.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:07 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,383 Likes on 639 Posts

The GT2 is, so familiar at first or second glance you get a little bit of a "meh" shruggable sensation. Yes it's a 911. The girl next door. In a sweater.

But what the GT2RS really is- is a CrossFit capable girl next door who occasionally strips for the sport of it. Maybe a little stronger than your type, or a little more high maintenance, but she can snap your enemies' necks. She's like the hot version of Jennifer Garner as a superhero. Don't write her off as the grumpy frumpy version that Ben Affleck cheated on.

Meal plan.
20 pull ups.
Destroy some lap records.
Feed me distilled water.
Look sexy.
Respectable.
Kind of: man hands.
Durable.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Performante is a great driving and great sounding car. Very raw and visceral. Im not a fan of the interior however. Just too spartan for my taste.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 468 Likes on 246 Posts

Agree on sports seats, have to get HP comfort seats for sure--they are very supportive without the sofa look. The CF sport seats are like sitting on a rock.

Then again I love LWB's on RS.
I have LWBS in my GT3 and Spyder and i love them however when i sat in an Aventador with the C/F i found them too hard..I'm either buying an used Performante or a 488 next spring and seats would be a deal maker/breaker for me as i'm used to the LWBS..I've heard that the standard seats in the Performante are sitting too high especially if you're over 6' and need to wear a helmet..The Performante's C/F race seats sit lower which makes it easier for a 6'+ guy to wear a helmet..
Old 10-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffy66
I have LWBS in my GT3 and Spyder and i love them however when i sat in an Aventador with the C/F i found them too hard..I'm either buying an used Performante or a 488 next spring and seats would be a deal maker/breaker for me as i'm used to the LWBS..I've heard that the standard seats in the Performante are sitting too high especially if you're over 6' and need to wear a helmet..The Performante's C/F race seats sit lower which makes it easier for a 6'+ guy to wear a helmet..
if you get a 488, get the Goldrake seats. The Ferrari version of the LWBS, but a lot more comfortable. Wouldn’t buy a Ferrari without them.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The GT2 is, so familiar at first or second glance you get a little bit of a "meh" shruggable sensation. Yes it's a 911. The girl next door. In a sweater.

But what the GT2RS really is- is a CrossFit capable girl next door who occasionally strips for the sport of it. Maybe a little stronger than your type, or a little more high maintenance, but she can snap your enemies' necks. She's like the hot version of Jennifer Garner as a superhero. Don't write her off as the grumpy frumpy version that Ben Affleck cheated on.

Meal plan.
20 pull ups.
Feed me distilled water.
Look sexy.
Respectable.
Durable.
LOL
Old 10-08-2018, 07:39 PM
loungedog
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Meal plan.
20 pull ups.
Feed me distilled water.
Look sexy.
Respectable.
Durable.
my vote for best post of year. 😀👍🏻😜
Old 10-08-2018, 08:37 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

^agree. Great post. I lived in a Manhattan condo building when I was single, and this post makes me feel better that I haven't driven a GT2RS as of yet.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:49 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Drove the following back to back on track :

Performante
Gen .1 RS
AMG GT R
GT3 .2

Most fun to drive, Perf and GT R , 488 fast but numb,,Porsches were like and old pair of jeans, they just feel good and work.

Perf had a good amount of mid corner understeer and GT R a bit heavy but both loads of fun. Porsches almost too good for fun , just brutally effective.

Cheers
Old 10-08-2018, 08:51 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Meal plan.
20 pull ups.
Feed me distilled water.
Look sexy.
Respectable.
Durable.

this may be my favorite post of late

Quick Reply: R&T Performance Car of the Year