Sponsored by:

Track Rats GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM
Apex-Monkey
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track Rats GT

The guys who replaced the plastic bits on the gt3 and gt3rs with carbon parts (techart etc..) have you guys had any issues ? Big or small I am just curious what the various experiences/response's people have had. I wont be replacing the front lip but the rest of the parts: Fender Outlet, Air intakes panels, Diffusor etc... I plan on replacing and having wrapped in X-pel. I also plan on tracking the gt3rs 6-8x a year so the parts durability is very important for me. I could easily stay with he plastic bits and very content with OEM parts but I do feel the 3rs should have received the 2rs treatment. Any thoughts based on experience would be helpful, Thank !
Old 09-19-2018, 03:45 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex-Monkey
The guys who replaced the plastic bits on the gt3 and gt3rs with carbon parts (techart etc..) have you guys had any issues ? Big or small I am just curious what the various experiences/response's people have had. I wont be replacing the front lip but the rest of the parts: Fender Outlet, Air intakes panels, Diffusor etc... I plan on replacing and having wrapped in X-pel. I also plan on tracking the gt3rs 6-8x a year so the parts durability is very important for me. I could easily stay with he plastic bits and very content with OEM parts but I do feel the 3rs should have received the 2rs treatment. Any thoughts based on experience would be helpful, Thank !
Is the question that you want to know if the carbon replacement parts wrapped in Xpel will be more durable than the plastic parts that come standard on the GT3 and RS?

FWIW, the plastic parts are durable. If you are asking about cosmetic scuffs, if you track, you have to expect your car won't stay pretty. Just be glad if whatever you want to make pretty again can be easily replaced.

Quick Reply: Track Rats GT