Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Montoya's European Delivery Blog

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 08:04 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Andre, great write up and pics. Now you need to settle down and put your Run Offs face on!!
Old 10-02-2018, 09:47 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Isn’t that Joes RS?
Thabks for taking us along for the ride
You're welcome!

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Close - His is/was S90J
Yes, they appear to be sequential, so the two I captured here were on tour for much longer, maybe 4 weeks, or worst they have been sitting for two weeks!

Originally Posted by LOLS996TT
Thanks for having us "ride" along- looked like it was an incredible and memorable trip for the both of you! Makes me look forward to the day the wife and I are hopefully afforded the opportunity to do so. Enjoy the car in good health!
If you ever get a chance, you must do it!

Originally Posted by idk_alex
Thank you for documenting your journey, I loved reading all the updates.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by fjpdds
What a great adventure, well done.
How would you say the GT3 serves under this kind of touring? Bucket seats do well for you two?
Thanks for sharing this fantastic trip.
Your welcome, yes with a little help for us both the touring seats were comfortable for long trips:

We bought these pillows in a rest stop our first day driving, LOL. They served us well as additional lumbar support, with them we could drive all day no problem.

Originally Posted by beoliving
So here is the "official" group photo where your journey started! So happy that it worked out so nicely for you and your wife and you always will have good memories from the crazy group of GT lovers in Leipzig.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, one of the highlights of the trip- if not the highlight!!

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Andre, great write up and pics. Now you need to settle down and put your Run Offs face on!!
Yes! Time for a new blog!!
Old 10-02-2018, 05:12 PM
2016RS
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks - I feel so much better after seeing that photo .... ?

Cheers

too close for comfort ...

Last edited by 2016RS; 10-02-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:48 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2016RS
Thanks - I feel so much better after seeing that photo .... ?

Cheers

too close for comfort ...
I know right??? Looking at how tight everything was parked was a little disconcerting...

I wasn’t sure if this was your car or not, but I figured how many Weissach RS in Chalk could there be, I figured it must be you.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:37 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

This has been great to following along! Enjoyed the pics with commentary.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Exceptional sojourn, thanks for sharing.
I admit I check into RL everyday for this exact post in serious envy.

You're doing it right on so many levels; routes, food, timing, weather -- the whole West Cost USA has been in an extended downpour while your trip has been on so perfect time to be in EU
Old 10-03-2018, 01:51 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

so you met Herr Simovic, pretty decent guy, wouldn't worry, deals with lots of expensive cars and mine came back just fine, The US constitution framed n his office made me think of the attorney in breaking bad, did you take his advice and stop by motor world?
Old 10-03-2018, 10:09 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
This has been great to following along! Enjoyed the pics with commentary.
You're welcome!

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Exceptional sojourn, thanks for sharing.
I admit I check into RL everyday for this exact post in serious envy.

You're doing it right on so many levels; routes, food, timing, weather -- the whole West Cost USA has been in an extended downpour while your trip has been on so perfect time to be in EU
Thanks! Of course there are things you would do differently after every trip for sure! But weather came through for us in a fabulous way and yes, we had many splendid meals. I think if we could change anything it would be to stay one extra day at every location with the exception of Leipzig and Provence. So many things and places to visit, not to mention that our hotels were all worthy of visits in their own rights.

Originally Posted by dark knight
so you met Herr Simovic, pretty decent guy, wouldn't worry, deals with lots of expensive cars and mine came back just fine, The US constitution framed n his office made me think of the attorney in breaking bad, did you take his advice and stop by motor world?
Ugh, I just checked it out on the web- I know you told me to visit and I didn't! Right next door, it looks like a fascinating place. A really eclectic collection of cars, plus it looks like they sell new exotics as well. No excuse other than we had just driven for eight hours and were suddenly walking around with all of our luggage from two weeks, but we could have made it all work. Damn. Random pic from Trip Advisor:

Old 10-03-2018, 11:10 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

EPIC trip. Triggers some memories. I always wonder why we don't do these trips together with other rennlisters. Everybody is always out on his own it seems.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:19 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bccars
EPIC trip. Triggers some memories. I always wonder why we don't do these trips together with other rennlisters. Everybody is always out on his own it seems.
I have seen it done with BMW CCA with 10 or so coordinating delivery and doing drives and track days. Unfortunately, it is so much harder to time things that way with GT cars from Porsche. For example, I thought my car was done in July and just waiting for my delivery in September. Yes, it was 'produced' in July, but something(s) were missing on the trim or ? that wasn't completed until 3 days before my pick up in Leipzig! I would imagine that having two or more GT cars delivered together would be some sort of miracle!
Old 10-04-2018, 02:37 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, PAG production system seems lacking some precision. My car was booked cw23, it was built w21. My friend's car supposed to be built cw27, was built cw21. He had ordered the European version of ED... "Factory delivery - after pick up you're on your own" and he didn't get confirmed date until 4 days before the pick up....
Old 10-04-2018, 09:58 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Yes, PAG production system seems lacking some precision. My car was booked cw23, it was built w21. My friend's car supposed to be built cw27, was built cw21. He had ordered the European version of ED... "Factory delivery - after pick up you're on your own" and he didn't get confirmed date until 4 days before the pick up....
Yikes!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:22 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I have seen it done with BMW CCA with 10 or so coordinating delivery and doing drives and track days. Unfortunately, it is so much harder to time things that way with GT cars from Porsche. For example, I thought my car was done in July and just waiting for my delivery in September. Yes, it was 'produced' in July, but something(s) were missing on the trim or ? that wasn't completed until 3 days before my pick up in Leipzig! I would imagine that having two or more GT cars delivered together would be some sort of miracle!
I didn't mean ED grouping per se. Was thinking along the line of a group (or multiple groups) of rennlister doing an epic trip like that.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Montoya, I think I saw your car when I dropped off my T at the same lot in Sindelfingen. The head Simovic fella told me that most of the cars on his lot were going to be loaded onto transporters on Thurs Oct 4th.

I did the ring, Black Forest, Silvretta, Timmelsjoch, Jaufen and Grossglockner passes while I was there and stayed in Stuttgart, Nurburg, Baden-Baden, Lindau, Seefeld Austria, Salzburg, Munich for Oktoberfest, back to Stuttgart for Volksfest and back home to Sherwood. One thing I noticed when I got back was just how many crappy cars there are on the road here...
Old 10-05-2018, 10:40 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
Montoya, I think I saw your car when I dropped off my T at the same lot in Sindelfingen. The head Simovic fella told me that most of the cars on his lot were going to be loaded onto transporters on Thurs Oct 4th.

I did the ring, Black Forest, Silvretta, Timmelsjoch, Jaufen and Grossglockner passes while I was there and stayed in Stuttgart, Nurburg, Baden-Baden, Lindau, Seefeld Austria, Salzburg, Munich for Oktoberfest, back to Stuttgart for Volksfest and back home to Sherwood. One thing I noticed when I got back was just how many crappy cars there are on the road here...
Oh, that's good to know- although you would know if you saw my car- there aren't too many PTS Pastel Orange GT3's around, LOL! Sounds like you had a great trip- there is so much to see and go through for great drives- I would love to see your routes. I have driven on Timmelsjoch before and I wish we had done it again as I remember it as having great views as well as being wider than most of the passes.

Quick Reply: Montoya's European Delivery Blog