Sponsored by:

Xpel installer NYC area

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:13 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Xpel installer NYC area

I will be taking delivery of my GT3 there later this fall, at MMC. I live in VA and want to explore options of getting it wrapped up there before i take delivery. I took Delivery of my GT4 there back in 2015 and did a Xpel tack wrap hack job myself in the show room on the front and mirrors to get me home to VA and not doing that again. Ill either get it done up there or pick it up on a roll back. but i really want to drive it home. (i have a really good installer in VA (capitol Autobahn in RIC)

anyone have any feedback on the MMC wrap guy/outfit are they any good?

any other installer recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:19 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Authentic Vinyl Wrap, Babylon, NY did an absolutely amazing job on my full wrap, the whole car is wrapped.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:38 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
I will be taking delivery of my GT3 there later this fall, at MMC. I live in VA and want to explore options of getting it wrapped up there before i take delivery. I took Delivery of my GT4 there back in 2015 and did a Xpel tack wrap hack job myself in the show room on the front and mirrors to get me home to VA and not doing that again. Ill either get it done up there or pick it up on a roll back. but i really want to drive it home. (i have a really good installer in VA (capitol Autobahn in RIC)

anyone have any feedback on the MMC wrap guy/outfit are they any good?

any other installer recommendations?

Thanks!
Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY on Long Island. Eddie and Matt are the best at what they do, feel free to google their reviews. I live in the Las Vegas area and I still send my cars to them. My RS arrived any day here in Las Vegas, I'm paying 2K shipping each way and it's well worth it. They also do stealth radar and laser jammers too.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:08 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Detailing Dynamics in Mineola, NY on Long Island. Eddie and Matt are the best at what they do, feel free to google their reviews. I live in the Las Vegas area and I still send my cars to them. My RS arrived any day here in Las Vegas, I'm paying 2K shipping each way and it's well worth it. They also do stealth radar and laser jammers too.
Thats a lot to do for a wrap, money aside
I had heard those kinda stories about Esoteric but never heard about DD ...
how much do they charge to do a full wrap? my car is already wrapped in the front end and I am wondering if a full body wrap is worth it ....
Old 09-17-2018, 11:20 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KOTB
Thats a lot to do for a wrap, money aside
I had heard those kinda stories about Esoteric but never heard about DD ...
how much do they charge to do a full wrap? my car is already wrapped in the front end and I am wondering if a full body wrap is worth it ....
You get what you pay for when it comes to PPF. Call and ask for Eddie, tell him Craig from Las Vegas recommended you. Do your homework, read reviews on Detailing Dynamics then make your decision. I have had numerous cars done by Detailing Dynamics and if I'm shipping cross Country there is a reason. I would not trust any of the clowns locally here. At any given moment they have over a million dollars of cars being worked on. I suggest you call, stop by and ask your questions.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:40 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

I have never understood wrapping a car in plastic. I'm surprised how many people are obsessed with doing it. It never looks right, it doesn't protect the car until you remove it. But no one ever removes it, until they remove it to put more on. Paint chips are sexy. I would never buy a car someone wrapped.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:08 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ceepe
I have never understood wrapping a car in plastic. I'm surprised how many people are obsessed with doing it. It never looks right, it doesn't protect the car until you remove it. But no one ever removes it, until they remove it to put more on. Paint chips are sexy. I would never buy a car someone wrapped.
Some have casual sex with or without condoms. It's all about how much risk one is willing to accept.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:16 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 52 Posts

Detailing Dynamics. I just got my 360 Spider back from them, they did the 3M 11 years ago and did a new cover with Xpel last month. They are top class and my car looks brand new despite my 36k miles
Old 09-18-2018, 12:35 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Another vote for Matt and Eddie at DD. Hint: Get on their calendar ASAP as they book up well in advance.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:51 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would def agree with this. Matt and Eddie are excellent to work with as well.

If we had not moved from upstate NY to Atlanta, I would still make the several hundred mile drive each way to use them. If we did not have some great installers here, I'd be doing exactly what you are.

Last edited by 911dev; 09-18-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:24 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the responses guys and maybe gals! i will get in touch with Eddie.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

+1
Old 09-18-2018, 03:06 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by zmon
Thanks for the responses guys and maybe gals! i will get in touch with Eddie.
Get in touch ASAP, as his calendar books up very fast
Old 09-18-2018, 03:57 PM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Another emphatic vote for Detailing Dynamics.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:00 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Get in touch ASAP, as his calendar books up very fast
Yes it does. had a great convo with him. still nailing down when car will arrive as its V260 getting painted now.

Thanks all for the help and recommendations

Quick Reply: Xpel installer NYC area