Sponsored by:

Touring - seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:59 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Touring - seats

I’m back....was gone from the GT car forums why I pissed away my daughters enheritsnce racing....not really but those of u that race know what I mean

I have been working on getting a GT3 for the last few months..fighting the ADM as all of us have

couldnt figure out out if I wanted a Touring or RS.....as I still have my 997.2RS (ex mooty car)

i like black cars, and a November delivery Touring in black came available thru a dealer with what I considered a reasonable ADM with reasonable options. Wanting to be the first owner of whatever I bought this car became appealing, as I wanted it punched in my name...and the dealer is letting me run a trade thru them to save sales tax, almost evaporating ADM anyways....in lieu of private party

im not a speculator or flipper, but I’m pretty sure when it all shakes out there will not be many Touring cars built, it will remain a special car

thst being said I’m trading my Range Rover in on it, always wanted to daily drive a GT car...and I’m going to do it. Not give a crap about miles im buying it for me...if I need a SUV I’ll use my Defender 90

My one problem is the car has sport buckets with red stitching....wanted 4 ways. I have a three year old daughter who loves cars (the size of a four year old) and am working thru options to drive her in the car

option 1 is get something to work in the sport bucket. I’ve read the pages of opinions on this. She is close to fitting Porschevjunior plus seat
option 2 is call suncoast and buy a passenger side 4 way to match car...or buy matching 4 ways for car(I had 18 way in a c4s and sold the car over the lack of comfort for me so only want 4 ways
option 3 is find someone on Rennlist to switch 4 ways with red stitching...last resort as I like the sport buckets in long run

will post pics when it’s here

funny part...during this process I got a RS allocation at reasonable ADM....most likely taking that car too for euro delivery...I’ll build it zero option and use it to goto Sebring and give Trakcar hell LOL. Finding a reasonable ADM RS was easier than finding a reasonable touring ....as RS are not moving great and they will be building into next year
Old 09-16-2018, 08:40 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

As I understand it, the 4-ways can be swapped easily for the LWBs, insofar as mechanical and electronics go. 4-ways are probably pretty easy to obtain, and you could even put one in the passenger seat while keeping the LWB seat for driver if you want. Perhaps that would be the most sensible thing to do in your case? Then just set aside the passenger LWB seat for safekeeping and later reinstallation?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Mooty had 3 sets of LWBs and I recall the asking price was 12k each

you could make a profit even after you buy 4 ways
Old 09-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Lapis
As I understand it, the 4-ways can be swapped easily for the LWBs, insofar as mechanical and electronics go. 4-ways are probably pretty easy to obtain, and you could even put one in the passenger seat while keeping the LWB seat for driver if you want. Perhaps that would be the most sensible thing to do in your case? Then just set aside the passenger LWB seat for safekeeping and later reinstallation?
That's what I'm thinking

But I'm ocd and will want a matching touring 4 way

I'm going to call suncoast Monday and see how bad it it

If not I'll buy a 4 way that doesn't match

It's a 12 month thing until she is 4
Old 09-16-2018, 10:10 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

It is not recommended to have children in the front seat, the US car doesn't have a airbag off switch and needs to be done by the dealership (if they even agree).

If you want to take the risk this fits in the 991 bucket seat and it's only 10 bucks.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:03 PM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

To OP, I recommend you checking out this booster seat : Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Booster Car Seat

The base is narrow and can fit LWB. I just took delivery my touring and test for the seat. It fits well while provide max protection for my kids.

I also have a three years daughter. But for now the main passenger is my 6 years old. I do feel unsafe however if I want to drive my 3 years old without having the airbag disable. I guess I won't mind for local low speed ride.

Anyhow... check out that car seat. The quality is great and it fits the best. Trust me... I have tried lots of car seats.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
To OP, I recommend you checking out this booster seat : Maxi-Cosi RodiFix Booster Car Seat

The base is narrow and can fit LWB. I just took delivery my touring and test for the seat. It fits well while provide max protection for my kids.

I also have a three years daughter. But for now the main passenger is my 6 years old. I do feel unsafe however if I want to drive my 3 years old without having the airbag disable. I guess I won't mind for local low speed ride.

Anyhow... check out that car seat. The quality is great and it fits the best. Trust me... I have tried lots of car seats.
thank you for the tip

i wont be driving her more than a few blocks at less than 25 mph...this might be a good option in the future

she is underweight for it thou

also the porsche junior seat seems to work
Old 09-16-2018, 02:33 PM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Izzone
thank you for the tip

i wont be driving her more than a few blocks at less than 25 mph...this might be a good option in the future

she is underweight for it thou

also the porsche junior seat seems to work
Porsche JR seat won't work. I have one

It fits my turbo s in the back but doesn't fit the LWB. Base of it is too wide and will create marks on the leather bolsters.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
Porsche JR seat won't work. I have one

It fits my turbo s in the back but doesn't fit the LWB. Base of it is too wide and will create marks on the leather bolsters.
Does the maxi cosi need latch ?

Old 09-16-2018, 03:06 PM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Izzone
Does the maxi cosi need latch ?

It has retractable latch. You can choose to use the latch or hide it away.

Quick Reply: Touring - seats