991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Essential GT3T options for the masses

Old 09-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Yep, you detect it - quite a bit of the overlap when funds are due, there seems to be a float
Originally Posted by 4pipes
I don’t understand how he can do it. Is he going to order it the way the ADM buyer specifies it, then register and sell it?
Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I’ll chime in. I’m selling my Tourning. It’s well specced. I bought to to keep it and yada yada yada have to sell it.

you will not get your ask. You will get a bunch of tire kickers and low ball offers and a bunch of scammers and non serious people.
Just give up your allocation and move on. If my car doesn’t sell, I can afford to keep it. Not a big deal as I paid cash for the car. But if you are not in a position to tie up a couple hundred grand- just walk away and chalk it up to a lesson learned.
Hope it it all works out for you.
Unfortunately YK is right from my experience, it is tough to find real buyers. I just sold a GT4 and had this exact thing happen. It was quite difficult.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

The market has cooled off dramatically. It’s clear in how much longer cars that were in big demand 12 months ago are just sitting. And it’s only going down from here.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:54 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

^ I agree but unfortunately it seems like the dealers are refusing to realize this. Hopefully people will bide their time and let prices reach realistic "market" levels as there are a ton on the market or find a dealer willing to bargain/strike a fair deal. PAG seems to have made a good # of GT3s IMO
Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The market has cooled off dramatically. It’s clear in how much longer cars that were in big demand 12 months ago are just sitting. And it’s only going down from here.
for regular gt3 yes, they are plentiful

touring are much harder to find

Old 09-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Izzone

for regular gt3 yes, they are plentiful

touring are much harder to find

I dunno, last I checked there were a couple on here not selling, nor is this gentlemen’s allocation. Demand is slowing across the board for high end Porsche’s.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:36 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I agree demand is slowing.

Prices on all three GT cars are down and cars are sitting/allocations still open.

As far as tourings, there is one on nationalpreowned (mooty’s old car) among dozens of wing cars. The one in Florida listed at $195k appears to have sold.

However, from now through December I think you will see a lot of tourings being built.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

In the end, I decided to drive the hack out of it. Worst comes to worst, I will lose 50-60k. What does that money mean in long term? Life is short.... and my early 30 is even shorter.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:56 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Total nonsense. It’s a GT3. Removing the wing doesn’t impact seat choices. Same reason why the majority of Spyders were speccd with LWBs and why they were offered on the Carrera T. Lots of street driving customers want the LWBs.
Opt for aero-delete and then spec racing seats -- makes no sense to me but whatever floats your boat. Don't you want cushy seats for all of your touring? Sorry if I upset you.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:11 AM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll buy this car if you spec it to my details. PM me.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:48 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Don't shy away from black due to paint maintenance
Black can be easy to maintain once ceramic coated and you'll be surprised how everything rinses off

Then again, GT silver metallic has been a $2580.00 option prior to this and at a cost of $720 now seems like a bargain to me.

I love both colors, yet that doesnt help you choose...lol

Originally Posted by evilfij
I would get basic black. Its free and, while some people don't like black cars, a lot do. I have seen no increase in price on metallic black which is $720 over the regular A1 black.

I did not actually take delivery of the first touring I ordered. Long story, not my or my dealers fault, and all worked out in the end as I have a PTS touring incoming and my dealer got to sell the first car -- twice. Everyone is really happy.

I did not get the $3500 full leather on either build. When I could not get natural leather for less than $30k I said forget it as I am not a big fan of stock Porsche leather. That being said, the "free leather" package includes the strips on the dash (where the cupholder is) and the center console trim on top in leather rather than the standard black anodized on a touring. I think it classes things up a bit on a rubber dash car and is less likely to scratch than the aluminium and it makes the interior look even more teutonic. The code is EKD. On a full leather interior car, it does also include the strips on the doors in leather. May not be as cool on a full leather car as it puts three pieces of leather stacked together. For reference, my build (with PTS) is PJDVSUR8
Old 09-16-2018, 02:08 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Lots of great ideas here so I'll avoid adding much detail but will offer two thoughts:

Select benign white instead of often-polarizing black and while I agree that 4W sofas are best for this car, LWBSs are cheap when spec'd in originally and could always be sold/traded for way more than cost if prospective buyer didn't want them.

I wouldn't fret too much about lots of the details because if your theory is correct--which I believe is highly likely (that Tourings will be hard to find)--you could sell it even if it was MaryKay pink.

BTW, I am astonished that a buyer at $20k didn't materialize.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:37 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

911Rs with sofas don't sell without a BIG discount. For me, buckets are more comfortable except for getting in and out of them. And without back seats in the Touring, you don't really need the buckets to fold (though it would be nice).
Old 09-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

LWBs aren't race seats. One sitting in a real racing seat and the difference is obvious. The LWBs are very supportive street car seats for anyone who isn't really 'wide'. They're just more difficult to get in and out of. If you're DDing your GT3T, they might get old after a while, but I'll bet only a very small percentage of owners DD their cars. Seeing any GT car without LWBs just looks wrong to me, but to each his own. I don't think sofas will ever get you a bigger premium than LWBs though, if the goal is to sell the car.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:04 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I'm curious why you're focusing on a stripper build if your goal is simply to resell the car. Stripper builds are a relatively low percentage of GT3 builds. I think there's more demand and more premium to be had in a well optioned GT3. Unless you simply want to minimize your out of pocket at purchase, I'd build the most desirable car you can build, rather than the cheapest.
I agree with this 100%. I'm just north of you and may be one of the folks interested in your car in the spring. For people shopping for a new GT car the difference between 148K and 160s is not deal breaking especially in CA when you have to get reamed with taxes and fees on top of it. For this kind of coin I would want to see some leather, carbon fiber bits etc. I want a GT3T but the big indecision for me is 18 way vs LWB. I just can't decide

J
Old 09-16-2018, 04:21 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334

‘In most states, an LLC created solely for the purpose of avoiding sales tax will be viewed as a sham, and the state will assess sales taxes on the LLC’s owners personally.’ (https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...ntana-llc.html)
I wonder about this too. So if you were selling it to another Californian, we would be buying an out of state car and have to register it here.

J

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Essential GT3T options for the masses