Old 09-12-2018, 12:23 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 09-12-2018, 12:35 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Not surprised, he is not a driver. He is a blogger. Gt3/Gt3rs is made for aktive drivers.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Who cares, he's a nobody.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Not surprised, he is not a driver. He is a blogger. Gt3/Gt3rs is made for aktive drivers.
Really? He put more miles on it in six months than the average GT3 sees in five years. Say what you will about his wackiness, he's more of a real driver than 99 percent of those of us on Rennlist.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

That was fast. My issue with Tim is that it is always about him. Check out his video on the Regera.

Skip to 11:25. First, he never bothers to introduce the passenger, talk to him, etc. Who is this guy? He places the cameras so this guy cannot be really seen, but we know he is there. This happens in most of his videos. I prefer JWW, as he actually engages other people, introduces them, and makes them part of the content.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:54 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

GT3 was never going to be long term for him. Don't be surprised if he turns up w/ a .2 3RS at some point. Guy has Senna and Ford GT coming. He drives the Buzz first, cars second.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:55 PM
robmypro
Race Director

His formula is pretty simple. Make a video for each of the following...

1. To announce that he is buying a car.
2. To spec the car.
3. To take delivery of car.
4. To get car PPF'd and make promotion $.
5. First drive of car.
6. Make a bunch of videos with car.
7. Say goodbye to car.

These cars are only there for content. Then it is off to the next cool new car. Idk, if I got to a point where a GT3 didn't float my boat anymore....I guess I would take up sailing.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Car ownership purely for social media views and likes - it's a whole new world.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:10 PM
aruisdante
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
His formula is pretty simple. Make a video for each of the following...

1. To announce that he is buying a car.
2. To spec the car.
3. To take delivery of car.
4. To get car PPF'd and make promotion $.
5. First drive of car.
6. Make a bunch of videos with car.
7. Say goodbye to car.

These cars are only there for content. Then it is off to the next cool new car. Idk, if I got to a point where a GT3 didn't float my boat anymore....I guess I would take up sailing.
I mean, that’s the formula for literally every car you tuber, and car bloggers like Doug DeMuro.

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Car ownership purely for social media views and likes - it's a whole new world.
How is it any different than when car magazines bought cars for long term test fleets? They owned cars purely for magazine reads.

Hate on a paticular presenter’s style all you want, but it’s so odd to me that people mock the business model. These people are all making self-produced television shows. No one wants a to watch the same content on a television show forever. Of course they’re going to change cars frequently, the cars are just capital assets regulated for them to produce their content.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Really? He put more miles on it in six months than the average GT3 sees in five years. Say what you will about his wackiness, he's more of a real driver than 99 percent of those of us on Rennlist.
Very true. His cars do get used. That Merc GT of his is getting a beating.

Originally Posted by robmypro
That was fast. My issue with Tim is that it is always about him. Check out his video on the Regera.

https://youtu.be/tLs0kDpnHlw

Skip to 11:25. First, he never bothers to introduce the passenger, talk to him, etc. Who is this guy? He places the cameras so this guy cannot be really seen, but we know he is there. This happens in most of his videos. I prefer JWW, as he actually engages other people, introduces them, and makes them part of the content.
It's possible that the owners of these cars don't want themselves publicized.

I used to watch Shmee but after noticing that once he got access to hypercars he drove them like a grandma, I stopped. I mean, I get respecting other people's property, but even in his own cars, he mostly just cruises. Zzzz.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:50 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by aruisdante

I mean, that’s the formula for literally every car you tuber, and car bloggers like Doug DeMuro.

How is it any different than when car magazines bought cars for long term test fleets? They owned cars purely for magazine reads.

Hate on a paticular presenter’s style all you want, but it’s so odd to me that people mock the business model. These people are all making self-produced television shows. No one wants a to watch the same content on a television show forever. Of course they’re going to change cars frequently, the cars are just capital assets regulated for them to produce their content.
No hate here just saying that's why these guys keep cars for a short time. Buy, get the videos out, sell for a new one. Actually the opposite of hate, kind of wish that was my job and not sit at work all day. I love these YouTube channels, I prefer more of the ones with information of the car and driving like the straight pipes or motoman, vs the ones who just show the lifestyle of owning the car. Way better than having to sit through an hour of top gear just to see a 10m segment that is actually good.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Who cares, he's a nobody.

Yep...lives on attention. Clicked on one of his you tube deals once...I never will again unless its someone torturing me.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:56 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by aruisdante

How is it any different than when car magazines bought cars for long term test fleets? They owned cars purely for magazine reads. Hate on a paticular presenter’s style all you want, but it’s so odd to me that people mock the business model. These people are all making self-produced television shows. No one wants a to watch the same content on a television show forever. Of course they’re going to change cars frequently, the cars are just capital assets regulated for them to produce their content.
Not really hating on the guy, but he is definitely not my cup of tea. Again, JWW's content is mostly better. But many of these guy's content is getting old.

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Very true. His cars do get used. That Merc GT of his is getting a beating. It's possible that the owners of these cars don't want themselves publicized.

I used to watch Shmee but after noticing that once he got access to hypercars he drove them like a grandma, I stopped. I mean, I get respecting other people's property, but even in his own cars, he mostly just cruises. Zzzz.
Maybe a lot of guys don't want to be on video. Possible. But the driving does leave a lot to be desired.

Quick Reply: Everyone's favorite YouTuber sells his Gelbgrun GT3