Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stop everything! another PTS flipper

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:08 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

I’ve said on other posts that i just don’t get the animosity towards this guy. He’s a car nut like us, he is enthusiastic and makes videos that share his passion, so why all the venom? Are we that shallow of a society here that because he talks in a bit of different way he is deserving of scorn of anger? I personally appreciate that he makes videos I can watch with my family in a time when most of the stuff on YT is complete garbage and offensive. I am actually quite envious of him and would trade gigs with him in a heartbeat.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:10 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

HI GUYS....ITS SHMEE.....!!!!

Old 09-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M

I just choked on myself. Thx
Old 09-13-2018, 06:22 PM
MC90
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I actually find this post EXACTLY what is wrong in today's society. Someone posts a critique and instantly it goes to "bullying". You say something challenging or not in agreement and instantly people go to "racism" or "sexism". The Serena example is perfect. That whole issue has NOTHING to do with sexism but well challenged that card is played. I TOTALLY get being respectful but critiquing ones product and not even personally attacking him IS NOT bullying.

Now a days people don't want to say anything. Heaven to betsy you actually challenge someone views or give a different perspective. Yes this is also how I have raised two wonderful boys. BE RESPECTFUL first and foremost but you do not have to go along and be a lemming and just agree with everything and if you think something is wrong or could be better then share that opposing view. For you to think that just because Schmee is on youtube, everyone has to either love it and not say anything is ludicrous. If you don't want the criticism, then don't go public on YT. Sure hope you don't leave RL because I am "bullying" you.
No, I certainly don't think you are bullying me

Maybe I have not been clear enough to the posts I'm thinking off. I have no problem with people disliking or disagreeing with Shmee, me or any other person. But do it respectfully. If you can't mange that, I suggest people should not say anything at all.

This is examples is used earlier, from the first pages from this thread:

«his seat must smell like an a s s h o l e»

«Imagine the amount of slobber on those sport buckets? Next owner will need a full interior decontamination.»

«Needs to trim about a half inch off his tongue. Drives me nuttths!»

This is just a few examples. This is bullying, and people have said worse in other threads.

I think the Rennlist community is really letting it self down by allowing people to make such statements.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:23 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M

It’s “Hi guys, I’m Shmee” not that i have ever watched his videos lol.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:34 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 682 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by MC90
No, I certainly don't think you are bullying me

Maybe I have not been clear enough to the posts I'm thinking off. I have no problem with people disliking or disagreeing with Shmee, me or any other person. But do it respectfully. If you can't mange that, I suggest people should not say anything at all.

This is examples is used earlier, from the first pages from this thread:

«his seat must smell like an a s s h o l e»

«Imagine the amount of slobber on those sport buckets? Next owner will need a full interior decontamination.»

«Needs to trim about a half inch off his tongue. Drives me nuttths!»

This is just a few examples. This is bullying, and people have said worse in other threads.

I think the Rennlist community is really letting it self down by allowing people to make such statements.
I would agree with those as NOT being respectful and are bullying.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:35 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
How much do youtubers make anyways? I heard a youtuber with 1mil sub makes around 500k USD. Am I in the ballpark?
Originally Posted by fskof

I did a quick google search and I found this.
Not even close, the algorithm is very complex and that’s why you’re not gonna find rates online. A video that is watched 70% of its length brings more $ than one that is watched only halfway through. Also location and integration are factors. There are video that explain it a little.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:01 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I would agree with those as NOT being respectful and are bullying.
WTF? Are we not free to express our "feelings"? Are you the arbiter of PC discourse? Get a grip! His voice to me sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Sorry, if I heard him on the radio, I'd turn it off. He leverages his "brand" on the internet for money. His appeal does not resonate with me. Like a singer or actor that I don't prefer. No intention to bully, but respectfully, I don't like his style, or the sound of his voice! I don't subscribe.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:04 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by KBS911
WTF? Are we not free to express our "feelings"? Are you the arbiter of PC discourse? Get a grip! His voice to me sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Sorry, if I heard him on the radio, I'd turn it off. He leverages his "brand" on the internet for money. His appeal does not resonate with me. Like a singer or actor that I don't prefer. No intention to bully, but respectfully, I don't like his style, or the sound of his voice! I don't subscribe.
+1
Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Isn’t it shocking that so many people would waste time, energy and money to slam and insult others. Why not use the time, energy and money to improve yourself, your family and community.
Life is short, stop wasting it on things that don’t matter!
Old 09-13-2018, 07:22 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn’t it shocking that so many people would waste time, energy and money to slam and insult others. Why not use the time, energy and money to improve yourself, your family and community.
what he said...PLus+
Old 09-13-2018, 07:41 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

There you go again! In your superior, and obviously insular world, you would of course presume that my time, energy, and money are not applied to numerous family, community and cultural causes, despite the fact that me, and my company, contribute very generously, not only to my family, but to our local community. The reason I subscribe to Rennlist is to have a few minutes a day to remove myself from the self important, politically correct blather from folks like you! You are indeed "shockingly" wasting my time, and yours! Thank you, and good day sir.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I’ve said on other posts that i just don’t get the animosity towards this guy. He’s a car nut like us, he is enthusiastic and makes videos that share his passion, so why all the venom? Are we that shallow of a society here that because he talks in a bit of different way he is deserving of scorn of anger? I personally appreciate that he makes videos I can watch with my family in a time when most of the stuff on YT is complete garbage and offensive. I am actually quite envious of him and would trade gigs with him in a heartbeat.
Well said..!
Old 09-13-2018, 07:43 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

There you go again! In your superior, and obviously insular world, you would of course presume that my time, energy, and money are not applied to numerous family, community and cultural causes, despite the fact that me, and my company, contribute very generously, not only to my family, but to our local community. The reason I subscribe to Rennlist is to have a few minutes a day to remove myself from the self important, politically correct blather from folks like you! You are indeed "shockingly" wasting my time, and yours! Thank you, and good day sir.

???
Old 09-13-2018, 07:55 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Amen brother!

If the insult isn't directed at you or one of the roughly ~150 people that Dunbar's research shows you're capable of caring about - quit groaning and move along.

For the record, Shmee has an incredibly annoying voice and extremely punchable face. Normal men are hard-wired to detest effeminate men like that.

Quick Reply: stop everything! another PTS flipper