Sponsored by:

stop everything! another PTS flipper

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 01:35 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
it is a shame Porsche gave him access to factory , when other Porsche owners can't go
I am not a fan and now I am not even a bigger fan of "Hi I am SCHMEE!!!!" .... to each their own and hopefully more people have less desire for PORSCHE so I have better odds of getting more for me.. lol my $0.02
Old 09-13-2018, 04:55 AM
wegentop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard km instead of miles... That's big difference...
Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Couldn't care less about what the guy looks like, walks like, talks like, etc or his YouTube channel (I just don't watch his stuff anymore), but crazy to see yet another .2 GT3 owner moving on. Likely to flip and try to profit whether he will admit it or not, or bought into hype of the car and snatched an allocation before thinking if it really was the right car to buy.

Originally Posted by Perimeter
The 991.2 GT3 is the car to own ... for 9 months
Bingo. Sad too because it's a hell of a car.

Originally Posted by pitt911
I have no problem with Shmee, but blame Porsche for allowing him access to the assembly line floor, and giving him preferential access on what ground !!!!!
I am sure Porsche can find much better brand ambassadors that truly believe in their product
x2 yet another bad look for Porsche IMO. We'll tell everyone no soup for you if you want to celebrate your car being built in Zuffenhausen no matter what type of Porsche loyalist/enthusiast you are, but we'll roll out the red carpet for Shmee, give him all the special privileges we can, and watch him flip the car
Old 09-13-2018, 08:11 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I don't get it? Yes the guy is annoying. But he reviews cars for a living, no? To make such living, don't you need to churn thru cars? I don't review cars for a living and I buy and sell back e every GT product i can to move on to the next one. What's the big deal? Again, I'm not a Schmee fan and don't think I've ever watched one of his videos start to finish but I don't understand the backlash. Must just be because he's a bit annoying? U guys think Harris is gonna keep his .2 gt3 "forever"? Why would he?

I have an incoming 3rs. Probably a 75% chance I sell it when the next GT product comes out. Is that wrong? I can promise you Porsche wants clients that keep buying their latest/greatest product. They will only like Schmee that much more if he churns and burns thru GT's, no?
Old 09-13-2018, 08:16 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I don't get it? Yes the guy is annoying. But he reviews cars for a living, no? To make such living, don't you need to churn thru cars? I don't review cars for a living and I buy and sell back e every GT product i can to move on to the next one. What's the big deal? Again, I'm not a Schmee fan and don't think I've ever watched one of his videos start to finish but I don't understand the backlash. Must just be because he's a bit annoying? U guys think Harris is gonna keep his .2 gt3 "forever"? Why would he?
Too logical for a Porsche internet forum. Suspend common sense and all will be clear.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts
Default AMG GT R vs GT3

Picks the GT R at the end due to street driving...
Old 09-13-2018, 09:35 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

You’re right except he doesn’t review them for living, that’s his hobby. These YouTubers pretend they’re making a living when they’re all using daddy’s money. Same with Alejandro and Vehicle Virgin and that other Canadian douche guy.
I don’t care what they do BUT it’s all bullsh*t and bothers me that people believe them.

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9

I have an incoming 3rs. Probably a 75% chance I sell it when the next GT product comes out. Is that wrong? I can promise you Porsche wants clients that keep buying their latest/greatest product. They will only like Schmee that much more if he churns and burns thru GT's, no?
Old 09-13-2018, 09:59 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
You’re right except he doesn’t review them for living, that’s his hobby. These YouTubers pretend they’re making a living when they’re all using daddy’s money. Same with Alejandro and Vehicle Virgin and that other Canadian douche guy.
I don’t care what they do BUT it’s all bullsh*t and bothers me that people believe them.

Agree. They are all good until they start to monetize it. Then they just become one big commercial. I watched schmee in the beginning because he told you how it is. Now each car manufacturer basically gives him a script because all the same **** he says is in their brochures. Same goes for all these car you tubers. Interesting when they were being them and real. Now they are all just saying whatever to sell the product they were just given for free.

It it is a big business though, just not interesting for me once they become fake.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:14 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

It is about access. Hard to throw a manufacturer under the bus when they gave you a $200k car to drive for free for 4 months. How do you say what you think and expect to ever get access to one again? What would i do in this situation? Hard to look a gift horse in the mouth. I bet i could find something to like about all the new models under those circumstances. Of course you find something to criticize, but you are essentially captive.

It is what it is.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:16 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I'll spare you the time--sold GT3 to fund Ford GT.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:17 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

10,000Km = 6,214miles
Old 09-13-2018, 11:20 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Interesting that he said “this is the most I ever lost on a vehicle”. And people are still paying over MSRP.....
I’m predicting a Market Correction in the near future.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:23 AM
E92 M
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition to several daily drivers including the AMG GTR, he owns a 675LT and has a Senna and a Ford GT on order. It's not hard to see why the GT3 was surplus to requirements.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:21 PM
MC90
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find these threads about Shmee so shocking that I find it hard to be a active member of Rennlist. I can’t be a active member of a community that find it okay to treat a fellow car enthusiast like this. Doesn't a lot of the post in this thread, and others about Shmee, clearly breach forum guidelines?

I don’t say you got to like him, but just because he exposes himself on YouTube doesn't give grown men the right to write mean stuff about him! The stuff here is more hateful and mean than what kids write in the comments section on YouTube.

I do hope all of you who are fathers set a better example to your kids in how to treat other people, than what's beeing shown here.

No wonder cyber bullying is such major problem among teens and kids, when grown successful men find if acceptable to behave like this.

And how can you call him a flipper? He has put so many miles on his car that he has lost money owning it! In the months he owned it, he put more miles on it than most GT3 owners do in 2-3 years. Just as an example: There is 64 2015 GT3/RS for sale in Germany. 30 of them have done more than 10.000 km and 34 has done less than 10.000 km.

The GT3 market in mainland Europe is also very different than in the US and UK. You could without owning any previous Porsche’s get an allocation if you just went to a dealer right after it was launched.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by MC90
I find these threads about Shmee so shocking that I find it hard to be a active member of Rennlist. I can’t be a active member of a community that find it okay to treat a fellow car enthusiast like this. Doesn't a lot of the post in this thread, and others about Shmee, clearly breach forum guidelines?

I don’t say you got to like him, but just because he exposes himself on YouTube doesn't give grown men the right to write mean stuff about him! The stuff here is more hateful and mean than what kids write in the comments section on YouTube.

I do hope all of you who are fathers set a better example to your kids in how to treat other people, than what's beeing shown here.

No wonder cyber bullying is such major problem among teens and kids, when grown successful men find if acceptable to behave like this.

And how can you call him a flipper? He has put so many miles on his car that he has lost money owning it! In the months he owned it, he put more miles on it than most GT3 owners do in 2-3 years. Just as an example: There is 64 2015 GT3/RS for sale in Germany. 30 of them have done more than 10.000 km and 34 has done less than 10.000 km.

The GT3 market in mainland Europe is also very different than in the US and UK. You could without owning any previous Porsche’s get an allocation if you just went to a dealer right after it was launched.
agree. I like his porsche videos since im a porsche fanboy. the factory video is very interesting and gave us a cool look into the process. watched it about 5 times.
everything else I don't watch or interested in. if you don't like it, don't watch it.
I don't care if he flips his car for 100K win or 100K loss. who cares. enjoy what you have and move on. I'm going to be dead in 30 odd years. ain't got time to judge a youtube pop star.

Quick Reply: stop everything! another PTS flipper