Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stop everything! another PTS flipper

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 PM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

Lol I can’t believe people are so offended about a guy they don’t even know selling his Porsche.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:25 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
For the record, Shmee has an incredibly annoying voice and extremely punchable face. Normal men are hard-wired to detest effeminate men like that.
LOL
Old 09-13-2018, 08:51 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 682 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I’ve said on other posts that i just don’t get the animosity towards this guy. He’s a car nut like us, he is enthusiastic and makes videos that share his passion, so why all the venom? Are we that shallow of a society here that because he talks in a bit of different way he is deserving of scorn of anger? I personally appreciate that he makes videos I can watch with my family in a time when most of the stuff on YT is complete garbage and offensive. I am actually quite envious of him and would trade gigs with him in a heartbeat.
Well said. I’ve had the good fortune of meeting and conversing with Tim last year at the McLaren winter Ball and enjoyed front row seats as the Senna pulled into the room. Super nice guy and genuinely passionate about cars. People may forget/not realize that he started his YouTube channel around 8 years ago - long before many of the other popular vloggers came on the scene.

I just checked and he currently has 1.3 million followers which is rather impressive. Not all of his videos may be relevant or interesting to everyone, but I’ve found good value and entertainment in many of them.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:18 PM
gt3.997
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
For the record, Shmee has an incredibly annoying voice and extremely punchable face.
This post made my week.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

I love this kind of thread, brings us all together in hatred. I knew I wasn't the only who found him repulsive
Old 09-14-2018, 10:30 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Gotta say I found his voice annoying in the beginning. Not to say it's amazing now but I've gotten used to it. Curious on the age demographic for those that don't like him, 50+?

Like him or not, whatever. Some here are claiming all kinds of things that don't line up with the truth.

At the end of the day he brings me content that is engaging and entertaining. Not all but a good enough amount. I haven't found many other channels that do the same. He does seem to not convey technical depth and it's general or superficial commentary but then there are other channels for that content.

On the GT3 front, good for him. Sold the car because he needed money, also said he lost money on the trade. Has put 10k on the clock in 5 months. He also never really struck me as a Porsche enthusiast. Makes sense he sold it. So what it Porsche gave him exclusive access, that's because of his internet celebrity. Would you not pursue that opportunity if given the chance? Should he have declined?
Old 09-15-2018, 04:49 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

i laughed quite a bit reading from page one.

and if there would be a destruction derby - edition 911 - it would be called Rennlist
where shmee would have to start in the middle of the arena - without keys

met him at geneva someday. nice guy.
but as said. the role he‘s playing ... is funny for 12 y/o ...

Quick Reply: stop everything! another PTS flipper