Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:16 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

When was the last time anyone talked to or saw him?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
I don’t think anyone can make that assumption. A Porsche dealership is worth a lot more than any kickback or benefit that someone in ownership could possibly have had to gain from allowing this to happen. So I really doubt it.

Again, this is most likely a case of negligence on the part of ownership and management insofar as them not properly supervising this criminal who had their trust and worked at their dealership, not intentional fraud. It’s just too stupid of a scheme for even a criminally minded business owner to undertake as they would obviously get caught and the criminal upside is so small anyway, relatively speaking.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I find it hard to believe the 911R story didn't go unnoticed to them which should have raised some red flags as to Shiraaz Sookralli's unethical ways.

I don't think ownership knew and condoned this allocation and Champion Autosports case. Why on earth would they?? He was stealing from them. I'm just saying that they should have had more checks and balances in place to protect themselves and their customers. Yes, negligence on their part.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:22 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
There is no way in hell ownership and upper management didn't know about this particular incident.
Thats what I’m thinking too....when you put a deposit on a car don’t you have paperwork to fill out and sign and give the finance department your deposit that goes toward the actual cost of the car you are ordering? I surely wouldn’t just walk,in and hand the sale guy my money and walk out...
Old 09-13-2018, 03:28 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If Champion is correctly insured, they should have coverage for employee fraud.
Coverage for $2.5M? Highly unlikely. Certain states mandate customer deposits be held in cash trust accounts to protect the consumer. The dealership needs a serious internal controls review - when things run this loose, fraud may not be limited to one rogue employee.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:21 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE

Coverage for $2.5M? Highly unlikely. Certain states mandate customer deposits be held in cash trust accounts to protect the consumer. The dealership needs a serious internal controls review - when things run this loose, fraud may not be limited to one rogue employee.
They most likely have a crime and employee dishonesty policy. And I'm sure the person who sold it to them was't an idiot and knew they could afford proper limits. I would imagine they have at least 5M of coverage. I'm in the business and work for a big firm in NYC area. We write many clients like this. I'm sure there is coverage and everyone will be made whole.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:18 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by closer98
They most likely have a crime and employee dishonesty policy. And I'm sure the person who sold it to them was't an idiot and knew they could afford proper limits. I would imagine they have at least 5M of coverage. I'm in the business and work for a big firm in NYC area. We write many clients like this. I'm sure there is coverage and everyone will be made whole.
I’m also confident customers will be made whole, ultimately. But I know what dealers opt for employee dishonesty coverage and it’s not even close to $5M. Do you write coverage for auto dealers? I doubt it.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:37 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

I’m also confident customers will be made whole, ultimately. But I know what dealers opt for employee dishonesty coverage and it’s not even close to $5M. Do you write coverage for auto dealers? I doubt it.
I do and most big dealers have at least 5 mil (usually 10mil combined single limits).
Old 09-13-2018, 09:47 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I do and most big dealers have at least 5 mil (usually 10mil combined single limits).
I can assure you that’s atypical. Publicly traded groups are a different matter. Not sure how big Champion is, but if it’s a single point, I’d be shocked if it carried $5M. If it had, why would Champion be referring customers to attorneys?
Old 09-13-2018, 09:52 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

And this fraud isn’t on PAG. The dealer principal is responsible, and will be held accountable. They can’t do the right thing fast enough.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
is this second allocation a gt3 or gt3 rs??
GT3

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...over-msrp.html

Old 09-13-2018, 10:07 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Since the other thread is much longer than this one, and they overlap, I suggest that this thread be closed and we all discuss in the other thread.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Since the other thread is much longer than this one, and they overlap, I suggest that this thread be closed and we all discuss in the other thread.

I AGREE!!

Doing the cause a disservice having this one which was started after the first one.

OP. Please close it.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:13 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I can assure you that’s atypical. Publicly traded groups are a different matter. Not sure how big Champion is, but if it’s a single point, I’d be shocked if it carried $5M. If it had, why would Champion be referring customers to attorneys?
because the attorney manages it to hope to get insurance to cover.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:13 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

Most policies the carrier will allow the insured to pick their own council as long as the hourly rate is in line with the carriers choice of council. So Champion is either referring this to their attorney of choice, or the attorney assigned by the carrier.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:16 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

Yes, I do. And I never sell price. That is not the type of relationship that ever has a happy ending. I sell coverage and service. That is how I maintain current relationships and procure new ones.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?