Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:04 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
I agree..BUT, they knew, the all knew. People don't walk in putting down big deposits with one salesman with out the other SA's knowing something is up. They are very competitive people. People knew.
Yep and Porsche knows. They allow it or at least turn a blind eye and that doesn't give them a get out of jail free card. I hope they all get burned except for the poor flippers that paid those deposits thinking they were going to make some money on the side. Like said above, play the ADM game and gonna get burned.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
How does this have anything to do with the ADM BS? This is an employee who scammed people on deposits. Also, how does PCNA have anything to do with it? The guy ran a scam. I can see Champion having fault as it's their employee and whatever controls are in place did not work, but for PCNA to be responsible is far fetched. Now that said, I am sure they will be named in a lawsuit and will participate in settling somehow, but that is just good business practice at that point and they may also have insurance that will help cover the fraud. Hopefully Champion does have insurance that will help them cover this and get money back to those folks who where subject to the fraud. I feel bad for the people affected, it sucks. And I also feel bad for the people at the dealership who knew nothing about this and now their livelihood is ruined because of one jerk who decided to rip people off. Bad situation all around.
Greed.
Is there any other aspect to ADM that I am missing?

ADM showed the dealership easy money, I'll bet the employee saw it and wanted it too. Lack oversight, one employee pulling purse strings and a line of buyers waiting to throw cash at the dealership for a promise.

I'll bet that lawyer in Naples could devise a case where The dealership's greed contributed to this series of events. Now the dealership is protecting themselves rather than standing up to cover harmed clients. So sad...
Originally Posted by dfoster
l would agree.Champion won’t talk to the victims so we can’t discover that.
Originally Posted by goin2drt
Personally I think this is awesome and both Porsche and Champion eat it. Maybe now this BS will stop. Porsche knew good and well of all the ADM BS. They just didn't want to address it and turn their head. I hope this sh&t stops and they address EVERY dealer playing these games. If you think it is just Champion, you are crazy.
Agreed, time to pay the piper.
In my eyes this is Porsche Germany letting the USA dealers play Wild West while claiming their intentions are to foster long term relationships and build customer bases locally.
Words are one thing, contradictory actions are another.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

So much rampant speculation it is ridiculous
Old 09-12-2018, 08:21 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
The two lawsuits are public, go check the other thread.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:23 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

+1 and Porsche knows Dealers get deposits for a line to get an allocation

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Greed.
Is there any other aspect to ADM that I am missing?

ADM showed the dealership easy money, I'll bet the employee saw it and wanted it too. Lack oversight, one employee pulling purse strings and a line of buyers waiting to throw cash at the dealership for a promise.

I'll bet that lawyer in Naples could devise a case where The dealership's greed contributed to this series of events. Now the dealership is protecting themselves rather than standing up to cover harmed clients. So sad...

Agreed, time to pay the piper.
In my eyes this is Porsche Germany letting the USA dealers play Wild West while claiming their intentions are to foster long term relationships and build customer bases locally.
Words are one thing, contradictory actions are another.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:30 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

reasonable point.

I’m selling my second allocation at 20K over to, to make up most of what I had to pay extra for a 25K over first allocation with European delivery that I’m doing next week.

If my original dealer had just given me the .2 MSRP allocation they promised me 3 years ago, things would have been simpler.
is this second allocation a gt3 or gt3 rs??
Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
No kidding.

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

The two lawsuits are public, go check the other thread.
That means you know what’s alleged in the lawsuit. What nobody knows, at least nobody here, is who at Champion knew, and how much. That’s all speculation.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

The Owner of Champion apparently died a month+ ago, this says it was a boating accident

Curious - this says it was an apparent drowning
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

This is why professional business owners have insurance, and by insurance, I mean malpractice or errors and omissions insurance.

If this saleman was employed by the dealership in the position he was in, he had the apparent and actual authority to do what he did, even if the dealership had not told him to do it, and the the dealership is on the hook for the damages to the victims of his scheme.

Sounds like a mess all around for the victims and the dealership, but surely they’ve already involved their legal counsel and their insurance carrier and will refer all matters to them. That’s what any responsbile business owner would do under the circumstances.

If you want to criticize the dealership, criticize their apparent lack of oversight.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:28 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

No kidding.

That means you know what’s alleged in the lawsuit. What nobody knows, at least nobody here, is who at Champion knew, and how much. That’s all speculation.
Look at the 2016 Buyer's Order from Champion for a 911R at $576,000 with a down payment of $300,000, that's real not alleged. Salesperson? Shiraaz. Checks made to 'Fellow Assets Inc."

Now if Champion was not aware of this deal, on February 2018 they were served. And Shiiraz still worked there and ran his scams until what I week ago when he disappeared?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:31 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

Nothing worse than these trolls on here buying multiple allocations on gt3's and rs's. If 25 of these people got burned I would be applauding
Old 09-12-2018, 09:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Look at the 2016 Buyer's Order from Champion for a 911R at $576,000 with a down payment of $300,000, that's real not alleged. Salesperson? Shiraaz. Checks made to 'Fellow Assets Inc."

Now if Champion was not aware of this deal, on February 2018 they were served. And Shiiraz still worked there and ran his scams until what I week ago when he disappeared?

There is no way in hell ownership and upper management didn't know about this particular incident.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
There is no way in hell ownership and upper management didn't know about this particular incident.
I don’t think anyone can make that assumption. A Porsche dealership is worth a lot more than any kickback or benefit that someone in ownership could possibly have had to gain from allowing this to happen. So I really doubt it.

Again, this is most likely a case of negligence on the part of ownership and management insofar as them not properly supervising this criminal who had their trust and worked at their dealership, not intentional fraud. It’s just too stupid of a scheme for even a criminally minded business owner to undertake as they would obviously get caught and the criminal upside is so small anyway, relatively speaking.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

. I didn’t say Champion was in the dark until yesterday. Obviously they were made aware when they were served. But there is a lot of assuming going on.

When did he disappear? The lawsuit and request for judge were filed yesterday. Doesn’t mean they weren’t aware of it before hand. What happened when they got served in Feb? We don’t know.

Im not saying Champion is clean. But I’m also not speculating and insisting I know the facts, and that Champion and Porsche have known and condoned this. It’s a big jump to insinuate that. And we don’t have enough facts to make that jump. .

Im done debating
Old 09-12-2018, 10:13 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread has spun out of control with law experts and ADM police, this is FRAUD plain and simple. I hope all that lost money get it back somehow and I'm confident someone will step up at some point to get some resolution to it until they catch the piece of garbage that took advantage of a position of $$$ trust at the dealership. How did ADMs get involved with this thread.....?????

Quick Reply: Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?