Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:25 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Personally I think this is awesome and both Porsche and Champion eat it. Maybe now this BS will stop. Porsche knew good and well of all the ADM BS. They just didn't want to address it and turn their head. I hope this sh&t stops and they address EVERY dealer playing these games. If you think it is just Champion, you are crazy.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:26 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Plus one
Old 09-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you live by the Ferrari model, you may die by the Ferrari model....especially if you bastardise the Ferrari model to allow allocation sales. Very sad for those adversely affected, most especially those that wanted cars to drive and enjoy.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:30 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Says the guy who's selling his allocation for $20K?? Many will think this is also part of the issue.

Why not pass on the allocation if you don't want it? Let the next guy in line take it?
Remember as you will hear them say "this is capitalism" why would you think someone lucky enough to get a car at MSRP (knowing damn good and well they won't keep it) do the right thing and let it go to the next.

It is the reason we have all these crappy spec delivery mile (mostly 6MT because they thought it was going to be the R) sitting at stealers like PNH for these premiums. When instead someone that actually wanted to keep the car could have specced it just like they wanted it. Some of the crap I am hearing, these dealers are just as guilty. they know what cars they are going to get back to jack up the prices on. It's called collusion just unfortunately they are not breaking any laws but collusion still.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:43 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,well, you play the ADM game and someone is going to get burned.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

We need a thread merger badly...
Old 09-12-2018, 06:52 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 389 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
We need a thread merger badly...
Yup! Mods can you link both threads?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:56 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Personally I think this is awesome and both Porsche and Champion eat it. Maybe now this BS will stop. Porsche knew good and well of all the ADM BS. They just didn't want to address it and turn their head. I hope this sh&t stops and they address EVERY dealer playing these games. If you think it is just Champion, you are crazy.
So true!
Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Did you get your GT3?
i did but not what I ordered and pressured to take it or he’d sell to someone else and I’m out on a PTS car that I waited for #$!?. Changed the price in the end too he said he’d do sticker for the what he called someone else’s mistake but then charged me the full retail and kept my $15k.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Please give us the details of the financial transaction for your purchase, like which entity did you pay to buy the came when it came in? Was your deposit moved from Champion Autosport to Champion Porsche as a credit? Did the invoice show the price of the car at MSRP? I think you'll be able to provide a lot of information as to whether the dealership had an idea of what this scumbag was doing.
Paid Copan for delivery, but the deposit was like it never happened on paperwork car sold where it looked like sticker plus tax in my state no adm incl.

dealer knew and cover for him I assume? isn’t he family I don’t know?

MERGE THE THREADS PLEASE
Old 09-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Says the guy who's selling his allocation for $20K?? Many will think this is also part of the issue.

Why not pass on the allocation if you don't want it? Let the next guy in line take it?
reasonable point.

I’m selling my second allocation at 20K over to, to make up most of what I had to pay extra for a 25K over first allocation with European delivery that I’m doing next week.

If my original dealer had just given me the .2 MSRP allocation they promised me 3 years ago, things would have been simpler.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:19 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the sales transactions were happening at MSRP, then the State of Florida will want to know about it. They have the right to the tax on the ADM and the MSRP, not just the MSRP. And State regulation of car transactions is one of the most regulated transactions to happen.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
reasonable point.

I’m selling my second allocation at 20K over to, to make up most of what I had to pay extra for a 25K over first allocation with European delivery that I’m doing next week.

If my original dealer had just given me the .2 MSRP allocation they promised me 3 years ago, things would have been simpler.

Gotcha. A tricky situation, but understand your rationale.

Anyway, have a blast on the Euro delivery! Experience of a lifetime
Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

How does this have anything to do with the ADM BS? This is an employee who scammed people on deposits. Also, how does PCNA have anything to do with it? The guy ran a scam. I can see Champion having fault as it's their employee and whatever controls are in place did not work, but for PCNA to be responsible is far fetched. Now that said, I am sure they will be named in a lawsuit and will participate in settling somehow, but that is just good business practice at that point and they may also have insurance that will help cover the fraud. Hopefully Champion does have insurance that will help them cover this and get money back to those folks who where subject to the fraud. I feel bad for the people affected, it sucks. And I also feel bad for the people at the dealership who knew nothing about this and now their livelihood is ruined because of one jerk who decided to rip people off. Bad situation all around.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:58 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mwar99
How does this have anything to do with the ADM BS? This is an employee who scammed people on deposits. Also, how does PCNA have anything to do with it? The guy ran a scam. I can see Champion having fault as it's their employee and whatever controls are in place did not work, but for PCNA to be responsible is far fetched. Now that said, I am sure they will be named in a lawsuit and will participate in settling somehow, but that is just good business practice at that point and they may also have insurance that will help cover the fraud. Hopefully Champion does have insurance that will help them cover this and get money back to those folks who where subject to the fraud. I feel bad for the people affected, it sucks. And I also feel bad for the people at the dealership who knew nothing about this and now their livelihood is ruined because of one jerk who decided to rip people off. Bad situation all around.
I agree..BUT, they knew, the all knew. People don't walk in putting down big deposits with one salesman with out the other SA's knowing something is up. They are very competitive people. People knew.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:01 PM
K_style
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

O...M...G... Wow, I am speechless.

Quick Reply: Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?