Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default PORSCHE TRANSPARENCY AND ETHICS LOST - SHORT TERM PROFITS REIGN SINCE DIESELGATE

Originally Posted by Cyrek
as far as I’m concerned he stole $15,000.00 from me, messed up my order and made me wait 75 days for the final paperwork. When I complained at the time he said he’d give the car to someone else if I didn’t take it and he would not be able to replace it.
Horrible pressure tactic by Porsche but definitely NOT ISOLATED to this incident

Originally Posted by STG
Champion is ignorant for not managing their business properly and not having some sort of checks and balances when buyers are putting deposits down on ordered cars. They are negligent as well and will be held responsible.
Agreed but look further.
Not just Champion, but Porsche Germany should be held responsible for letting the USA dealers get out of control. Shiraaz Sookralli must have been quite senior to exclusively control all GT3 sales, so we can assume he was well trained by Porsche and instructed in the Porsche doctrine. He saw how easily Porsche overcharged customers with no oversight, pressured buyers with denial tactics to extract much more over MSRP.

With Porsche Germany condoning the raping of USA citizens by allowing US dealers charging ADMs (dieselgate revenge?), Shiraaz Sookralli simply did what Porsche had been doing to the US public and his Porsche training on how rape Porsche customers.

Is there any doubt that USA dealers have gotten out of hand; and they have dropped loyalty and ethics to customers over short term profits?
As proof, I offer these points

1) Just look at the huge number of GT3/RS/GT2RS cars being sold to owners OUTSIDE OF EACH dealers market area, USA dealers are flipping cars out of their area
2) ADMs and pressure tactics used
3) Look at how many people are selling their 991,2 GT3/GT2/RS after short ownership - Porsche have chosen to sell to non-enthusiasts (an early sale to shmee was a pretty blatant example) and this will dilute their brand

How did we get to this point where Porsche trained staff have lost all ethics?

Last edited by Perimeter; 09-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
My deposit did go into his fake account
Please give us the details of the financial transaction for your purchase, like which entity did you pay to buy the came when it came in? Was your deposit moved from Champion Autosport to Champion Porsche as a credit? Did the invoice show the price of the car at MSRP? I think you'll be able to provide a lot of information as to whether the dealership had an idea of what this scumbag was doing.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I don't give a crap about the US dealer franchise laws, PAG/PNCA needs to stand up and do something. When their largest US dealership customer had something like this happen, something is wrong. It's time for PCNA to become the parent and keep their children (dealers) in check. This is not be good press for Porsche when it comes out in the mass media.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Messy situation. Wishing every fraud victim the best. The whole deposit "float" business is ridiculous at dealerships. Never understood why dealers would require a healthy deposit on a car that will most likely sell itself 10X over? I understand why you would need one on Purple PTS Panamera Turbo S but on a new GT car in this crazy market.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:49 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Porsches are typically more expensive outside US. Supply is less outside US for most markets. MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Suggested means more or less than what is on sticker. ADMs are permitted just like discounts.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

spent about 30min yesterday chatting with the sales guy i've worked with in the past.
was mostly him venting about how the VIP program really screwed things up with the limited cars.

don't see how they can undue that program, but Porsche needs to figure out a better way of handling these cars.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Porsche Germany have let the USA rape the public. Shiraaz Sookralli must have been a senior member to be sole control of all Champion dealership's GT car sales so he was well trained in the Porsche doctrine. He is a byproduct of Porsche training. I bet he saw how Porsche was free to charge whatever they want to GT customers, simply easy money for Porsche to steal from USA customer, learning these "tricks" from Porsche and decided to get a piece for himself. The attitude is systemic

Why not? Porsche Germany has agreed that Americans can be made to pay over MSRP (I paid $30k for my 991,2 GT3 and $21k for my GT4) and Porsche need the money to pay for Dieselgate. Are there any other country's citizens that are made to pay OVER MSRP for GT3 cars. Why is the USA the rip off target?
Unfortunately, customers are suffering, Porsche does not care and my 991.2 GT3 is my last Porsche. I refuse to be party to unscrupulous actions by Porsche dealers.
Originally Posted by Perimeter
Not just Champion, but Porsche Germany should be held responsible for letting the USA dealers get out of control...

With Porsche Germany condoning the raping of USA citizens by allowing US dealers charging ADMs (dieselgate revenge?)
Please. Nobody is being forced to pay ADMs. Many of us have not...either by purchasing from dealers who do not charge them, or choosing not to buy a new Porsche at all. By paying ADM (twice), you are part of the problem...
Old 09-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

If Champion is correctly insured, they should have coverage for employee fraud.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Nope. The probably have E&O, which doesn't cover fraud.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:33 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
l would agree.Champion won’t talk to the victims so we can’t discover that.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:41 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Nope. The probably have E&O, which doesn't cover fraud.
Employee fraud and dishonesty is a coverage that some carriers provide. E&O or professional liability is something else entirely.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Really unfortunate. One of the potential buyers for my customizable Nov build GT3 allocation is a fellow who got screwed by Champion.

Nice guy, I really feel for him.
The current GT car allocation system is crazy and needs to be fixed before the 992 GT cars are announced.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
l would agree.Champion won’t talk to the victims so we can’t discover that.

Horrible situation, massive sympathy for the hurt who are expecting their dream car and getting a nightmare
Several are lawyering up ASAP, perhaps band together, grow the sum total of charges by using the same lawyers as the others?

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
Call Alan Hamish Law Firm for representation located in Naples FL. He's excellent for these type of dealer scam situations.

Alan Hamisch
Attorney at Law
501 Goodlette-Frank Rd, A-210
Naples, FL 34102

239-216-4783- OFFICE

Last edited by Perimeter; 09-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:19 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Hope they don't use the Madoff recovery timetable.........the people who got screwed will have to wait until 2030 for their cars.......Champion will have to eat this expense if they plan to stay open, with possibly no help from insurance to assist....what a mess.............this guy probably held money for over 2 years, etc......crazy stuff.........he is long gone and planned this pretty well...........let's see where he makes his mistake in getting captured..........
Old 09-12-2018, 06:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

The current GT car allocation system is crazy and needs to be fixed before the 992 GT cars are announced.

Says the guy who's selling his allocation for $20K?? Many will think this is also part of the issue.

Why not pass on the allocation if you don't want it? Let the next guy in line take it?

Quick Reply: Did Champion Porsche really rip off more than 30 GT3 buyers' deposits?