Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 01:54 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Champion is the #1 volume Porsche dealer in the USA for a reason. Lots of things obviously go well there. You can find 1,000's of happy campers. It although doesn't mean that there isn't a story to be told about to not so good stuff obviously. This can't get brushed under the carpet when laws have been broken and buyers defrauded. I'm sure some federal laws too.

To reiterate, we're not staging a search for Shiraaz. Lol. Getting his picture out there and the media coverage will do that on its own. We can just sit back with a beer

Last edited by STG; 09-20-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:15 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

IMO no mercy

Champion #1 volume dealer, sure bound to be some happy campers, but now I have an idea of how/why they were able to push the inventory they did. Maybe too much of a focus on the bottom line at any & all costs while failing to oversee some employees, especially a VP handling GT sales. Personally would not want to do business with a company like that. I'll do business with the #193748237523 volume dealer in the country that respects all customers and places an emphasis on integrity over the #1 volume dealer any day of the week. This should have never happened the way I look at it, especially not after the alleged R debacle/suit. Champion should have known, Helen Keller could have seen that he would be a piece of work after that and the leaked details of who this guy was apparently. If I remember correctly, "knew or should have known from a reasonable person standpoint" from my legal education and law license, = liability. Whether should have known can be proven to be more likely than not (by a preponderance of the evidence) is up to the attorneys involved

Also to those bashing STG etc, IMO this thread has done a lot of good and I think the victims here would agree, some being silent and some chiming in. The only negative I see is a business' reputation going down the toilet and rightfully so, whether it's a fleeting moment or not
Old 09-20-2018, 02:22 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Use the company network to send compromising e-mails?

Don't cry if they're tracked and read, you're on their network. Don't be dumb.

As to who's tracking or trying to apprehend Sookralli? It depends on whether or not anyone has actually filed a criminal complaint/police report. Local agency with jurisdiction is the first stop.

This isn't television/movies, the FBI, Secret Service or even FDLE don't get automatically get involved in local cases unless requested, even then it's not guaranteed. They have their own case load.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:23 PM
STG
Race Director

This whole Shiraaz thing won't hurt their local business. The narrative.... They had a bad employee, he ripped them off, they promise to pay back defrauded customers. Theft happens everywhere. What colors do you have in a Panamera again???

Very few other than enthusiasts will dig deeper into it.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:37 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by vodavoda
Don't distract "there" or Don't distract "here"????
Oh, is someone having a rough day? Hang in there tiger. Chin up.

It's all good. I'm all for jokes
Old 09-20-2018, 02:40 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
What are you trying to say? Champion should be in he title? Agree.

"Merged threads and "Champion Porsche" is not in the title?"
Sir, I agree to your agree in an agreeable conversatiin.

in summary, isnt this thread bigger than just SS?
Isn't isolating this to an individual extremely presumptuous and narrows the focus too much.

in addition it is not giving credit to Champion who is seen as stepping up to make RL'er dfoster whole ( thx for positive posts). Keep in mind the unfortunate new Champion staff position changes were probably never imaginable

Add Champion Porsche to the thread title pls
Old 09-20-2018, 02:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Sir, I agree to your agree in an agreeable conversatiin.
in summary, isnt this thread bigger than just SS?
Isn't isolating this to an individual extremely presumptuous and narrows the focus too much.

in addition it is not giving credit to Champion who is seen as stepping up to make RL'er dfoster whole ( thx for positive posts). Keep in mind the unfortunate new Champion staff position changes were probably never imaginable

Add Champion Porsche to the thread title pls

I didn't start the thread and can't touch anything, dfoster did. I did bring it up to him initially, but he wanted to leave Champion's name off it at the time.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:53 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I didn't start the thread and can't touch anything, dfoster did. I did bring it up to him initially, but he wanted to leave Champion's name off it at the time.
You just changed the title, I saw what you did.

You are a man based on reason, thank you for being our advocate, much appreciated
Old 09-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

This thread is getting boring. Can we get it back on track pls? We need more anecdotes about Shiraaz making it rain and doing $30k table services and stuff.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:04 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
This whole Shiraaz thing won't hurt their local business. The narrative.... They had a bad employee, he ripped them off, they promise to pay back defrauded customers. Theft happens everywhere. What colors do you have in a Panamera again???

Very few other than enthusiasts will dig deeper into it.
Correct.....will not hurt business one bit and they'll still get their GT allocations and sell every one of them......the only thing that will change is how they take deposits.....
Old 09-20-2018, 03:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
This thread is getting boring. Can we get it back on track pls? We need more anecdotes about Shiraaz making it rain and doing $30k table services and stuff.
Lol. The $30K Shiraaz club nights are true. RedStreak claimed LIV. Makes sense. Shiraaz the big baller.

I'll call the table line and see if they know him by first name There's big $$ in Miami. I'm sure they do very well.

Name:  photo450.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  1.58 MBName:  photo957.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  1,004.5 KBName:  photo807.jpg
Views: 1898
Size:  1.66 MB
Old 09-20-2018, 04:07 PM
Evilfrog
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
Use the company network to send compromising e-mails?
Don't cry if they're tracked and read, you're on their network. Don't be dumb.
I'm not crying. I'm the guy who would make that happen.And besides being sleazy, doing that without a valid audit-able process is great way to make anything you did stumble upon not usable.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:26 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I started this thread, I never intended to slam Champion. Shiraaz scammed allot of us under the pretense, he sold us Champion allocation’s. I wish Champion would have came out of the gate allot different than they did, but after 10 or so touch days, They finally tried to do the right thing. I still have heartburn with SS. The whole thing was a mess. I continue to hope all victims end with a happy solution. Maybe we should all have a Shiraaz scam reunion? That could give us all a chance to drive our cars and meet one another.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 PM
STG
Race Director

I just would like to know one thing. The reason why Shiraaz decided to finally start writing fraudulent orders, steal deposits, and run out of town??

He was skimming ADM's to his shill account previous to that and following though with deals and guys got their cars. How that paperwork was getting through the rest of the management is beyond me. Writing MSRP deals with no ADM when everyone was charging ADM's. How was ownership accounting for ADM's??

Shiraaz was hustling for years. That was common knowledge. Something changed over a short amount of time that caused him to flee. What was it? That's the $2.5MM question.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,795 Likes on 2,194 Posts

^ Answering those questions requires a proper investigation with access to information beyond what we have.

In another context unrelated to cars or fraud, I was involved in investigating an incident where the consequences were over $1 billion. We spent thousands of hours on the investigation over many months, and had access to thousands of pages of documents not available to the public. When the incident happened, there was a rush to speculation in forums and the media, and much of that speculation turned out to be off the mark.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing