Originally Posted by sbelles
Dude! You really need a hobby.
Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
...and probably life...

Old 09-19-2018, 07:33 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 703 Likes on 513 Posts

I am sure he changed his appearance....probably shaved his head and added a beard.............he should be caught before the end of October........we could start a board on that....closest to the capture takes all............
Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Old 09-19-2018, 07:55 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

...and probably life...
Remember when this thread was informative and useful?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:56 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

damn... sorry to hear this for those that lost money... wanted a GT3 and only got Taycan...

hope everyone is made whole
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

I think he has one -- might call it a mission if you will!
Old 09-19-2018, 08:30 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffostroff
So anyone who has lost money to scam, should not be sitting around going "What do I do?" or waiting for news either. You should not be waiting especially for the Coward Sheriff's Office to do something. You should already be on the phone to the FBI and Secret Service directly. If you know other victims, then band up and approach FBI as a group. File a complaint with the Florida State Attorney General's office online here:

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.ns...tizen_Services

They DO follow up and quickly. The quicker it looks like you are pursuing criminal charges against Champion Porsche, the quicker you might see a refund from them. This might help ensure they were not just blowing hot air when they said they plan to reimburse buyers for their losses.

We have investigated and warned the public since 2003 of all sorts of car buying related scams on eBay, Craigslist, Autotrader, you name it. Ironically, we originally got involved because of a scam involving the online sale of a Porsche that was priced way too low below market value. The Secret Service in 2004 flew me up to Washington to present some training to them on these online frauds at their economic crimes conference.

In the past when I handed over our research into internet car buying scams to the FBI and Secret Service, the agent assigned to me has told me they only get involved when losses reach $100,000 or more total. I don't know if they still have this criterion, but certainly the fact that Sookralli allegedly used email, phone calls, and wire transfers, this qualifies as racketeering under the RICO statutes, the same laws they used to put John Gotti away.

The racketeering charges could send him to a Federal "pound me in the butt prison" (reference to Office Space movie) for a very long time.

Also, we have helped numerous victims of eBay and Craigslist car scams recover money in the past, even from the Cayman Islands, much to the surprise of the guys I knew at Secret Service and FBI who at the time told me I'd never be able to recover a cent from overseas. We've posted a few articles on our site exposing many of these internet cars buying frauds, and of course many scams at the car dealers as well.

The important strategy here where everyone drops the ball, is they should follow the money trail, not fake corporate names, and waiting for police who will tell you nothing. Time is of the essence and you need to chase after the cash and claw it back quickly. Sometimes with American Greed scams like this, the first few complainers get their money back to prevent the whole thing from blowing open.

Do what you can in your limited power to choke off that money supply. If you paid deposits by credit card you should have already been on the phone to the credit card company to dispute the charge before your window of opportunity closes. If you have not done this, stop reading this now, and get on the phone.

I have helped victims from Bank America before, and with Bank of America fraud protocols, if you used an ATM/Debit card, they were able go back 6 months claw back money for an elderly victim I was helping, when scammers used her debit card number to sign up for numerous services and products. I think we recovered like $6,000 out of $12,000, because the rest were too old to recover.

You might also try to undo the wiring of cash, but with Champion Porsche being granted the freezing of that account last week, it might be too late, although I would still file the paperwork for it, in the unlikely event that money lands back in that account, your claim might then be processed. Foolish to at least not get a claim in.

But see how waiting too long to do anything results in you getting nothing? If people had tried to claw back funds weeks ago, they might have been successful.

Jeff

Are you a Porsche owner ?

While you have some common sense ideas anyone directly involved should have competent counsel by now. If not there are plenty of good lawyers in South Florida.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I think he has one -- might call it a mission if you will!

Old 09-19-2018, 08:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Best picture we've seen yet. Circa 2015. The picture circulating in the various articles is older.

Name:  photo338.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  183.2 KB

The authorities might find it useful. He still needs his day in court to defend his case.

Last edited by STG; 09-19-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:40 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

The publicity this story is getting is really something. I won’t be surprised if network or cable TV pick it up.

And jilted customers aren’t likely to need a lawyer to collect from Champion, unless customers want to net something less than what they tendered to Shiraaz.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Remember when this thread was informative and useful?
​​​​​​
No.
Yeah, me neither.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 PM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I am a Champion customer

I have bought lots of cars from them over the years, spent 500k there in round numbers. I know the Maraj family and count them as friends. I have known Shiraaz for 10 years and bought lots of upgrades from him when he was on the motorsports side. I am as surprised and shocked as anyone to hear what has happened. I will say this family business has been rocked by the death of Dave Maraj. I would encourage all of you to think carefully before you troll them on t the internet. I know they will make all those who got scammed whole. Likely they are insured against employee theft.
unless you have a personal stake please show some respect. If you have nothing better to do than speculate - get a life. Having said that i am off to Rennsport to go racing.

I hope you will all consider this and show some respect to a grieving family who has contributed so much to the Porsche community

thank you

Last edited by Toad Hall; 09-19-2018 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2018, 10:16 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Wow. Per other thread (compliments of forum member @ 0-60 freak), Porsche now producing 2019 GT3s 'in small quantities' into February. Unreal. Potentially good news for those affected here.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 09-20-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:28 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toad Hall
I have bought lots of cars from them over the years, spent 500k there in round numbers. I know the Maraj family and count them as friends. I have known Shiraaz for 10 years and bought lots of upgrades from him when he was on the motorsports side. I am as surprised and shocked as anyone to hear what has happened. I will say this family business has been rocked by the death of Dave Maraj. I would encourage all of you to think carefully before you troll them on t the internet. I know they will make all those who got scammed whole. Likely they are insured against employee theft.
unless you have a personal stake please show some respect. If you have nothing better to do than speculate - get a life. Having said that i am off to Rennsport to go racing.

I hope you will all consider this and show some respect to a grieving family who has contributed so much to the Porsche community

thank you
With all do respect...

The victims are NOT happy - they have been betrayed and Champion is NOT making any effort to resolve the situation for them. Champion is now ignoring victims and has completely failed to deliver the GT3 cars as purchased by the victims. Simply returning the deposits or offering a 2019 allocation for a different, significantly lesser value vehicle does not make the victims whole or come close to remedying the situation or compensating the victims’ losses. It is surprising that anyone on Rennlist would try to equate a 991.2 with Touring Package and PTS with a stock 992, since the collection values of those two cars are vastly different. As demonstrated in the Rampage case, Champion has been aware that SS was offering cars for sale that did not exist, using Champion’s forms and name to set up fake car sales, stealing deposits, overcharging for cars, and using side companies to hide deposits since at least September 2017, but they did absolutely nothing to restrict SS access to Champion’s sales documents, monitor SS work emails, supervise SS sales activities, or limit SS interactions with customers. They even admit in the current litigation that they knew SS was having financial problems because his wages had been garnished but did nothing to protect customers from his financial schemes. The attorney who is currently representing Champion and to whom all the victims are being directed is the exact same attorney who represented both SS and Champion in the Rampage case. Clearly Champion knew SS was capable of committing this kind of fraud and they provided him all the tools to accomplish this crime, but they did nothing to prevent it or protect their customers. If Champion wants to save its reputation then it needs to stop ignoring the victims and wholly compensate them for their losses.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing