Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:49 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Has anyone contacted the thread starter to ask if he was contacted by Champion?
Yes, I was finally contacted by Champions attorney over the weekend. That led into me contacting Champion direct. No GT3 allocations remain but they offered me a GT3RS allocation for a 2019 delivery, as well as reimbursing me with my deposit. No one was as upset as I in this ordeal but i’m Happy to report, Champion does appear to be offering deals with those criminalized. litigation was the last thing I wanted. All in all, I’m happy with the results. IMO, the Shiraaz story will eventual get deeper. It seems odd this could have gone on for years with no one ‘being in on it. I suppose time will tell. I hope the balance of the victimized group receive a fair deal from Champion.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:59 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Absolutely happy for you so you lose nothing and have thrill of building a car.

They get a benefit too by selling you a more expensive car......interesting....

Porsche should step up and make more GT3s....what's the difference between 5000 and 5020 world wide to assist their top dealer with the 20 some customers wronged in this unfortunate situation...
Old 09-17-2018, 11:01 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster

Yes, I was finally contacted by Champions attorney over the weekend. That led into me contacting Champion direct. No GT3 allocations remain but they offered me a GT3RS allocation for a 2019 delivery, as well as reimbursing me with my deposit. No one was as upset as I in this ordeal but i’m Happy to report, Champion does appear to be offering deals with those criminalized. litigation was the last thing I wanted. All in all, I’m happy with the results. IMO, the Shiraaz story will eventual get deeper. It seems odd this could have gone on for years with no one ‘being in on it. I suppose time will tell. I hope the balance of the victimized group receive a fair deal from Champion.
Congrats. I'm glad there will be a happy ending for you. I hope that all those trashing Champion will back down a little. Keeping SS on the payroll was a big mistake, I agree, but nobody will be hurt by their poor decision more than they will. This will be a costly error in judgement by Champion Porsche.

On a personal note, you were able to get the deal I wanted but couldn't get, a 2019 GT3RS allocation spot from Champion at MSRP. All things considered, I wouldn't have wanted it to happen the way it happened for you. Regardless, my wife said if I got a GT car she wouldn't ride in it, hence the TTS on order.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Good to hear
Old 09-17-2018, 11:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334

Looks like Vimla has competition

Keep em coming! This guy hid his tracks well. Good thing a few pics were found by the articles.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abiazis
Absolutely happy for you so you lose nothing and have thrill of building a car.

They get a benefit too by selling you a more expensive car......interesting....

Porsche should step up and make more GT3s....what's the difference between 5000 and 5020 world wide to assist their top dealer with the 20 some customers wronged in this unfortunate situation...
I agree with you. I really thought Porsche would step up, but that wasn’t the case. Champion had no more GT3 allocations. They could get another but that was not guaranteed. I feared I’d be left in the cold. It was a tuff 2 weeks. I’m glad it’s over. The power of social media is truley amazing. I’ve interacted with some amazing guys...and I’ve talked to several victims over the phone. I think this thread did help and I hope all the victims come out of this ordeal happy in the end.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:14 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Congrats. I'm glad there will be a happy ending for you. I hope that all those trashing Champion will back down a little. Keeping SS on the payroll was a big mistake, I agree, but nobody will be hurt by their poor decision more than they will. This will be a costly error in judgement by Champion Porsche.

On a personal note, you were able to get the deal I wanted but couldn't get, a 2019 GT3RS allocation spot from Champion at MSRP. All things considered, I wouldn't have wanted it to happen the way it happened for you. Regardless, my wife said if I got a GT car she wouldn't ride in it, hence the TTS on order.
Thank you for the kind note. I would not have wanted to sign up for this game even had I known the outcome.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:15 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
Good to hear
I agree, you should be a private investigator. Your commitment on this thread has been on point and thorough. I appreciate all you’ve shared.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Glad to hear it is working out and Champion is stepping up for you!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:24 PM
STG
Race Director

I agree, you should be a private investigator. Your commitment on this thread has been on point and thorough. I appreciate all you’ve shared.
Thanks .... The critics have no sympathy for the victims. If it doesn't affect them, they could care less. RL can be about watching out for other like minded enthusiasts. Not sure if things brings about any change to dealer/broker games, but at least exposes them. Please keep us posted.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:25 PM
air-cooledjbj
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you please provide the name and contact number for their attorney? Unfortunately, a good friend of mine is a victim of this and I'd like to help him out, as well as myself. I was actually supposed to take his allocation with Champion, but not anymore. Sucks.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by air-cooledjbj
Can you please provide the name and contact number for their attorney? Unfortunately, a good friend of mine is a victim of this and I'd like to help him out, as well as myself. I was actually supposed to take his allocation with Champion, but not anymore. Sucks.

http://www.shdlegalgroup.com/contact-us/

Name:  photo256.jpg
Views: 2381
Size:  551.2 KBName:  photo544.jpg
Views: 2158
Size:  351.4 KB

I hear you should call. Don't bother with emails.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

That’s awesome. Within seven days of the caca hitting the fan you’re getting made whole and getting a chance to buy an epic car. Sounds like they’re stepping up to make this right, as expected. Sucks to have to go through but an RS is one hell of a silver lining.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:32 PM
air-cooledjbj
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
http://www.shdlegalgroup.com/contact-us/

Attachment 1291391Attachment 1291390

I hear you should call. Don't bother with emails.
Thanks for the quick response!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:41 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats! Recognize, starting this thread most likely expedited that result for you.

Dan (is happy for you)

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing