Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Old 09-14-2018, 04:40 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I'm surprised by sentiments such as this. I feel bad for the guys who got bamboozled by Champion Porsche. But this situation has made me feel even more fortunate to lock up a PTS GT3. Between the difficulty of navigating the elusive PTS schedule, the endless ADM charges/dealer games/flipping, and this Champion Porsche debacle, I'm amazed and thankful to have landed one with no problem.
That's awesome to hear, you are lucky my friend and I'm happy you were able to get that now very elusive experience. I don't really want to support a company/business that enables this, and the Porsche today is not the Porsche I grew up admiring and hoping one day I could own one of their cars. It's infuriating to me PCNA's approach of just letting the US dealers run wild and we see this happen. We see people who were told MSRP to be shown the door while we have 100+ of 991 GTxxx cars rotting on the showroom and inbound at big ADMs. Even servicing my GT3 has turned into an unpleasant experience to my surprise and I'm staring down the barrel of a massive ADM/likely games for a 992.1 GT3 if I want to get into that. Already. With the car 3-4 years away. The market I am in doesn't help either I'm keenly aware of that, but I don't think I want to move for a car manufacturer. I'm just one guy and just a fart in the proverbial hurricane but I'm really turned off by how Porsche has handled the 991 GT system. I used to love them for being the anti-Ferrari no-nonsense car company, but now Ferrari and McLaren are trying to market themselves to me as the anti-Porsche!

Originally Posted by manitou202
I have been treated fairly and honestly by my local dealer, but all of the GT car BS that goes on is making me think twice about buying a new Porsche in the future. In my opinion Porsche is ultimately responsible at the end of the day. Maybe not for every transaction that takes place, but they are well aware of the crap going on with GT car allocations and the VIP program and appear to be doing nothing about it. Also, trying to order regular cars like Turbo's and Targa's can be much more difficult than it needs to be, not to mention PTS. The entire allocation system is a joke.
Absolutely agreed

Originally Posted by The Pope
The only thing that's a joke are the customers who are more than willing to play the ADM, etc. game. Period.

If people stopped paying ADM, the dealer would not be asking for them and making it seem difficult for them to obtain a car. And, you need to stop blaming Porsche for this because it has been said hundreds of time that they have no control over this.
I feel guilty saying this but I disagree with the Pope

GT cars are the last NA cars PAG makes, and if you want Euro Delivery/spec the car the way you want the only way to do that is ADM or start buying Macans and Panameras. If there was an easier way we'd all go that route. Or you are saying walk away from Porsche/GT cars which is the path I am considering now... & I squarely blame Porsche/PCNA completely. They use GT cars to incentivize sales for US dealers? They know what's going on and by staying silent and letting the dealers do as they please they are effectively supporting these BS practices.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:43 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

All I know is that we NEED to be very careful moving forward of those car FLIPPERS of any brand and model. They come from all walks of life.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:

Old 09-14-2018, 04:43 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pope
The only thing that's a joke are the customers who are more than willing to play the ADM, etc. game. Period.

If people stopped paying ADM, the dealer would not be asking for them and making it seem difficult for them to obtain a car. And, you need to stop blaming Porsche for this because it has been said hundreds of time that they have no control over this.

Your holiness, I agree with you but Porsche has full control over ADM, it was just too convenient to keep things this way.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
All I know is that we NEED to be very careful moving forward of those car FLIPPERS of any brand and model. They come from all walks of life.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:

There is a lot of shady stuff going on between brokers and dealers which some buyers will get mixed up with.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Its hitting the press.....https://jalopnik.com/a-rep-from-the-...ski-1829066180
Old 09-14-2018, 04:48 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I agree. The more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an existing syndicate operating in that fashion?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by STG
There is a lot of shady stuff going on between brokers and dealers which some buyers will get mixed up with.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo465.jpg
Views: 1713
Size:  607.2 KB

https://jalopnik.com/a-rep-from-the-...ski-1829066180
Old 09-14-2018, 04:55 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

GT cars are the last NA cars PAG makes, and if you want Euro Delivery/spec the car the way you want the only way to do that is ADM or start buying Macans and Panameras. If there was an easier way we'd all go that route. Or you are saying walk away from Porsche/GT cars which is the path I am considering now... & I squarely blame Porsche/PCNA completely. They use GT cars to incentivize sales for US dealers? They know what's going on and by staying silent and letting the dealers do as they please they are effectively supporting these BS practices.
Sadly, that seems to be the case. There appear to be some that are able to get spec'able GT* allocations at MSRP without buying more mundane stuff, but they are exceptions that often have associated stories. From a business perspective it makes complete sense that dealers do this.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:59 PM
STG
Race Director

See guys ...CHAMPION DID KNOW about the 991R fraud case against Shiraaz. See Jalopnik article. Champion settled and shell company Rampage was known to Champion. Shady.

Name:  photo800.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  495.2 KB

What do you say critics?

Last edited by STG; 09-14-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:00 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by sapman
Sadly, that seems to be the case. There appear to be some that are able to get spec'able GT* allocations at MSRP without buying more mundane stuff, but they are exceptions that often have associated stories. From a business perspective it makes complete sense that dealers do this.
Short term for profit/greed yes, as a business owner from a long term business standpoint absolutely not IMO. You risk alienating/burning the customers who matter most to the brand, the most enthusiastic passionate segment of customers. Also the damage to the brand equity as a whole...
Old 09-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
As a business owner myself, sudden death of the owner could most definitely expose the business to opportunists to take advantage of such situations especially, if they know the customers and the business well

Very unfortunate situation both for the owner's family and for the customers.
It has been shown in the court documents that this guy's scams date back to at least 2 years ago. And that the fictitious company he used to accomplish this was registered in 2010.

This was going on before the owner died.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Sam, you got a quote in THE DRIVE article
Old 09-14-2018, 05:09 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many people are heading over to Champion to buy a car today...? Bueller...? Bueller...?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by promocop
How many people are heading over to Champion to buy a car today...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

They will say that they're also a victim in this and try to get sympathy. We were taken advantage of (when really we knew how shady this guy was for years).

It was only those sports car guys who were affected by this. Don't worry your Cayenne, Panamera and Macan deals are safe with us.

The average FL snowbird and Miami local will know little about this or care. The enthusiasts on the other hand hopefully have higher standards.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:17 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I will order a "Trabant" from Champion. I heard they are not charging ADM any longer.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:

Originally Posted by promocop

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing