Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 12:40 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Let's not fall prey to hindsight bias and call any of the victims 'stupid'. Paying large deposits was unwise, but the decisions were influenced by the situation and by subconscious factors which the buyers weren't consciously aware of. The lust for these cars was strong, and there were many strong cues which made the situation seem legit.
The situation here is GREED, plain and simple. Lusting over a way over priced car is plain STUPID . Not my problem. Sorry, no sympathy. They should have know better.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Thanks for the post. Just starting to get stories in that Shiraaz did indeed do business with ALOT of brokers as well and charging ADM's which went to his own shill business account.

The tentacles here reach to many brokers as well. I hope someone follows the trail.

Will give more details later as I get them.
I wonder if those brokers will be pulled into the lawsuit/s. So sounds like the brokers did all the dirty work of finding the victims for this a-hole. So instead of selling the GT cars to the dealership's good customer this guy takes allocations and used them to steal money...why didn't anyone at the dealership like the GM question this?
Old 09-14-2018, 12:45 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Just read the drive article and came here and saw this post. I talked to him after a broker gave me his number earlier this year when I was shopping around for a GT3 allocation. Glad I went a different route.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a...buyer-deposits
Old 09-14-2018, 12:57 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
Just read the drive article and came here and saw this post. I talked to him after a broker gave me his number earlier this year when I was shopping around for a GT3 allocation. Glad I went a different route.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a...buyer-deposits

Did the broker want money from you before providing the referral? Isn't that how brokers work?
Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Champion Porsche would do well to step up and make its customers whole ASAP. Defrauded customers should also be contacting Florida's Attorney General.

For those interested, here's a link to Florida's Dealer License handbook. https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/dealerser...erhandbook.pdf
Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I wonder if those brokers will be pulled into the lawsuit/s. So sounds like the brokers did all the dirty work of finding the victims for this a-hole. So instead of selling the GT cars to the dealership's good customer this guy takes allocations and used them to steal money...why didn't anyone at the dealership like the GM question this?

Brokers were one part of the scam. Shiraaz has a long history of being outed for fraud and it would be nearly impossible Champion ownership and management didn't know about it. They were even addressed in previous legal filings.

Imagine how many brokers got burned too. How about the buyers they have?? Some brokers could be left in bad shape too. The trickle down effect hasn't even scratched the surface here. I bet some affected guys have no clue yet.

Yes, STEALERSHIP is now cemented in stone as an official word in the dictionary.

PCNA can't play innocent. They are the enabler here. You could only look the other way for so long before something implodes.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:06 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 500 Posts

Says that he did the same with a 911r and Champion still kept him employed. Says alot of character here. He was also garnished wages for his 10 kids. Loser
Old 09-14-2018, 01:20 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Shiraaz has always taken care of me since 2007.
nothing but good experiences with him and the guys at Motorsports.
Even though I don’t buy my new cars there, I’ve done business with him.

Great guy.
Im sure the family has a tough time.
Luck you didn't buy your new cars there! Over all these years did you ever have any suspicion that he wasn't right. Any changes over time? Fascinating stuff. I knew a couple scammers in my life and from the outside it was impossible to tell but once you got to know them really well it was hard to miss.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Luck you didn't buy your new cars there! Over all these years did you ever have any suspicion that he wasn't right. Any changes over time? Fascinating stuff. I knew a couple scammers in my life and from the outside it was impossible to tell but once you got to know them really well it was hard to miss.
There's actually research showing that people generally have a hard time telling when other people are lying, even if they think they're good at telling whether they're lying.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:36 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

What's fascinating is how Champion allowed him to continue employment in such a capacity after the 911R incident. Also, how they allowed him to run an outside business in Rampage in the first place which appears to be a total conflict of interest.
Attached Images       
Old 09-14-2018, 01:51 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

goes to show you this messed up system and "brokers" (pimps) are a problem
Why am I the only person wondering if Shiraz murdered Maraj, found dead and drowned sounds like murder to me
Old 09-14-2018, 01:57 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

^^^^Dark Knight I share your suspicion... definitely needs to be investigated but too many unknowns to make it a 'normal' thought at the moment.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:59 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like his house with the address referenced above was put on the market this week.

See attached.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
No, he took care of my warranty repairs, sold my 4.0 in 2013 and when I stopped in for service I walked over to say hello to him.
I got my check and all was OK.

But I would have given him a check for a car no problem.
To me he was a member of the wealthy Champion family, always driving a baller Porsche or Rolls, he was there most days, just hanging out in the used car building.

The house of cards came tumbling down with the death of Maraj, or the other way around..
Someone should not only buy the dealership but also the movie rights.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:00 PM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 78 Posts

A friend of mine is caught up in this (to the tune of 30k) and is working with their attorney on gathering copies of communication and paperwork. He's out of the country on business and I've been trying to keep him up on details. He's a physician and doing some humanitarian work in what I would call less than desirables places so doesn't have easy access to the internet. He'll be back next week but did ask me if I've seen anything on people that were victims of this forming some type of group that have one legal representation. He's getting his own attorney but wanted to know if everybody is coordinating into one group. He knows I'm on Rennlist and I told him there is quite a bit of chatter. I've been trying to keep up with the thread but it's obviously pretty big. Has anybody seen any kind of group getting together under one representation? Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing