991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,792 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
Real question arising from all of this....

How much will my GT car depreciate?
I have related question: what's the real supply and demand for these cars? When the economy inevitably slows down, will we find that there are an ample number of GT cars out there relative to the number of people who can really afford and want to own them, resulting in bursting of a GT bubble? I see a lot of people 'upgrading' their GT cars often. Where have their old cars gone, given that these cars should last 10+ years, so they're still out somewhere? Unless the 991 is the last NA, I'll go on record predicting that the 991 GT cars will eventually depreciate significantly.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Message this guy:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...llocation.html

Another ad of his:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post15267940

Ask him how his allocation is doing?? He deal with Shiraaz?? Hope not.

Name:  photo816.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  484.8 KB

Name:  photo784.jpg
Views: 2365
Size:  716.8 KB

Last edited by STG; 09-13-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:07 PM
kyledrives
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all - I'm an editor with The Drive and we're digging into this story now. So sorry for all the victims who have come forward - we'd love to hear your stories as we work to get to the bottom of this. Anyone who has any more information that might help us, please DM me or email [kyle at thedrive dot com]. Thanks everyone, hope we can get this together ASAP.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Remember this. Hilarious in hindsight.

https://www.motor1.com/news/48951/bm...rships-report/

Matt Farrah just posted on IG today that an LA area Ford Dealer wants $15k over for a Bullit, $13k over for a Shelby, and $25k over for a Raptor...even though they have 7 Raptors on the lot.

Can you imagine paying $13k over for a Mustang that's already $5k more expensive than an equially equipped PP2 Mustang GT with identical equipment just no badges? LOL.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:12 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by kyledrives
Hey all - I'm an editor with The Drive and we're digging into this story now. So sorry for all the victims who have come forward - we'd love to hear your stories as we work to get to the bottom of this. Anyone who has any more information that might help us, please DM me or email [kyle at thedrive dot com]. Thanks everyone, hope we can get this together ASAP.
Fantastic, the more media coverage the better in my opinion. Champion & PCNA should be hammered hard for this and for how out of hand this has gotten. If I was a dealer scheming/playing games with these GT cars, I would be sleeping with an eye open because they get away with a lot more than they should. The customer is and always should be right, and instead we have customers working to earn a **** dealer's business...
Old 09-13-2018, 03:18 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Not to hijack the thread...but "stealership" model has to go away. The greed for many employees kicks in - one should be able to buy an order a car, and the company produces it. Heck, ordering a Tesla is easy and on the flipside buying a used car at Carmax is easy too (majority of my used cars, are bought at Carmax, love their bumper to bumper warranty...lol). No haggle, just order and buy.

I feel bad for the customers who put deposit down. I know I am never paying more than $5K (it will be max $2500 on deposit anyway)....I don't care what car it is.

PCNA needs to do something and force dealers to use a different model.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Matt Farrah just posted on IG today that an LA area Ford Dealer wants $15k over for a Bullit, $13k over for a Shelby, and $25k over for a Raptor...even though they have 7 Raptors on the lot.

Can you imagine paying $13k over for a Mustang that's already $5k more expensive than an equially equipped PP2 Mustang GT with identical equipment just no badges? LOL.
That's probably Galpin Ford. Those guys are huge crooks. I always told those tools over M6G that GT350's don't support ADM upon resale. Depreciation starts at MSRP on those cars. And I own a Raptor. Great truck, probably the best one I've ever had. But pay ADM for a freakin' truck...no way.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by kyledrives

Wow. Pretty cool. Any guys please reach out to KYLE.

Kyle@thedrive.com

Very generous of you to devote your time to this story. Will be helpful to the victims.

Great auto website!

http://www.thedrive.com

Name:  photo261.jpg
Views: 2126
Size:  1,009.1 KB
Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Anybody outside the dealer who orders a car for the sole purpose of flipping it over MSRP is a pimp.
Like a ticket scalper.

I could not bring myself to do it even though i have had the opportunity....

dealers should require the buyer to title the car and not allow them to transfer the sale to a 3rd party.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:35 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Anybody outside the dealer who orders a car for the sole purpose of flipping it over MSRP is a pimp.
Like a ticket scalper.

I could not bring myself to do it even though i have had the opportunity....

dealers should require the buyer to title the car and not allow them to transfer the sale to a 3rd party.
Agreed and well said

I hope more of the media can chime in and pick up this terrible scam as well as the **** poor experience nationwide now when it comes to Porsche, PCNA, US dealers, and the GT car games/politics/run around. The buck stops with PCNA is the way I look at it, and their arms length approach with the dealers is not working. They are simply trying to avoid any liability and/or fallout from anything a dealer does by pointing the fingers at them instead of accepting responsibility and doing their jobs to implement change in how this process works.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:40 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
I see a Lifetime movie in this
Episode of American Greed on CNBC
Old 09-13-2018, 03:41 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I have related question: what's the real supply and demand for these cars? When the economy inevitably slows down, will we find that there are an ample number of GT cars out there relative to the number of people who can really afford and want to own them, resulting in bursting of a GT bubble? I see a lot of people 'upgrading' their GT cars often. Where have their old cars gone, given that these cars should last 10+ years, so they're still out somewhere? Unless the 991 is the last NA, I'll go on record predicting that the 991 GT cars will eventually depreciate significantly.
Apparently there are 25 or so less cars available..........
Old 09-13-2018, 03:41 PM
STG
Race Director

Too early for a Rob video??
Old 09-13-2018, 03:45 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Not to hijack the thread...but "stealership" model has to go away. The greed for many employees kicks in - one should be able to buy an order a car, and the company produces it. Heck, ordering a Tesla is easy and on the flipside buying a used car at Carmax is easy too (majority of my used cars, are bought at Carmax, love their bumper to bumper warranty...lol). No haggle, just order and buy.

I feel bad for the customers who put deposit down. I know I am never paying more than $5K (it will be max $2500 on deposit anyway)....I don't care what car it is.

PCNA needs to do something and force dealers to use a different model.
How about a system where Porsche, the factory, ONLY sells GT cars directly to the public, at MSRP. To be considered or qualified you must be a current owner of a GT car. They develop some type of system based on seniority, number of cars currently owned, etc and contact you if you are selected. If you are selected and choose to purchase you can spec the car, order it and then take delivery at your local store.

The local store can sell any Porsche model EXCEPT GT cars.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
That's probably Galpin Ford. Those guys are huge crooks. I always told those tools over M6G that GT350's don't support ADM upon resale. Depreciation starts at MSRP on those cars. And I own a Raptor. Great truck, probably the best one I've ever had. But pay ADM for a freakin' truck...no way.
Wow, 15k over? I paid 5k under for my Raptor.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing