Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 01:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

For all those folks that did get lucky enough to get a GT car after they paid a deposit to Champion Autosport, I would love to learn how the transaction was completed to purchase the car through Champion. This is where I think the dealership had some kind of insight as to what he was doing. They put too much trust in this rogue employee with a lack of controls and now it's come back to bite them in the behind.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:23 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
PCNA will have to make some big changes to future GT car allocations. The brokers, flippers, and fraudsters come out of the woodwork when there's $$ to be made with these games.

Mark my words, this is the peak of the games.
Finally, hopefully the games can slowly come to an end.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:23 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
For all those folks that did get lucky enough to get a GT car after they paid a deposit to Champion Autosport, I would love to learn how the transaction was completed to purchase the car through Champion. This is where I think the dealership had some kind of insight as to what he was doing. They put too much trust in this rogue employee with a lack of controls and now it's come back to bite them in the behind.
This. Did the purchase order at time of signing with finance show the 25-100k deposit. Im betting it did. And when it does, how did the company bean counters not see the lack of funds on all these ADM deals. Pretty clear why it was hard to break into their GT car pool.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:26 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

This really makes my spine CHILL. I have friends wiling to pay ADM for brokers, even dealers from out of state we barely know for hard to get GT cars and limited ones. Pretty SCARY.

Please be very careful moving forward when buying cars!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Great point - I know of one broker who asked me about buying a spot from Champion for a 3RS for $50k. I wonder how far this will reach for those brokers that took their cut, and the Champion funds went into the "Champion Autosports" account.

Does this now mean it will spread back into those brokers who sold spots and were also ignorant to the fact this was all a shell?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:39 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
This. Did the purchase order at time of signing with finance show the 25-100k deposit. Im betting it did. And when it does, how did the company bean counters not see the lack of funds on all these ADM deals. Pretty clear why it was hard to break into their GT car pool.
well, what if he was doing 1 legitimate deal for every 4 or 5 fraudlent ones?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:40 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
They should have insurance to cover some of it.
Nope. Insurance will not cover fraud.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:41 PM
sjglaser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this not also a criminal matter? Is this an FBI matter or local law enforcement?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:41 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Sorry for the trouble/loss anyone experienced. Fortunately, I have never been asked for more than $1,000 deposit and I always use credit card (can make a quick fraud claim if necessary).
Old 09-12-2018, 01:53 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You're assuming that the entirety of this fraud involved 25-30 people writing checks that averaged about $100k each, every single one to this fake account, and none of which involved any information produced by the dealership to the customers and no communication at all between the dealership and any of those victims. I find that hard to believe. Do you think there were likely zero inquiries directly to the dealership from those customers/victims prior to this guy disappearing? Very unlikely.
So one the biggest Porsche dealerships in the country took $2.5 million in deposits knowing full well they didn't have the cars to deliver? Do you really think that they thought they could get away with that? Seriously?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:53 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
well, what if he was doing 1 legitimate deal for every 4 or 5 fraudlent ones?
Is it possible maybe he was doing it legit for awhile through this shell company so no one noticed, and now that there are the big money cars of 2rs and somewhat 3rs decided to fabricate 25 spots and bail in the time before production ?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
So one the biggest Porsche dealerships in the country took $2.5 million in deposits knowing full well they didn't have the cars to deliver? Do you really think that they thought they could get away with that? Seriously?
You need to read this entire thread. Not Champion Porsche but one of their long term employees...
Old 09-12-2018, 02:00 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
I feel their pain. Trying to be helpful. He's my attorney and know his capabilities...
I understand,but why does it have to get to lawyers right away? Perhaps Champion will return their money. They better or they're done! And regarding not getting the actual allocation,as far as I know,a deposit is meaningless unless you have a written commission number. So if you don't have that you do not have an allocation regardless of your 25K $ deposit,you just have a verbal agreement with a shady a** dude...
Just leave the damn lawyers as last resort! I swear America is the most litigious country in the World : I can be sued for farting on public property.

Anyway,just my 2c...
Old 09-12-2018, 02:00 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Is it possible maybe he was doing it legit for awhile through this shell company so no one noticed, and now that there are the big money cars of 2rs and somewhat 3rs decided to fabricate 25 spots and bail in the time before production ?
Bingo... coincidentally the GT3RS & GT2RS cars have begun arriving in August or prior right...I presume this situation reared its head in August.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Climate was ripe for this type of scam and it occurred where there was enough volume of business and historic trust in performance to pull it off. Victims of this guy cannot be faulted, this was not a Nigerian "send me money" scam, but a legitimate well established business used as a front by a con man.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 PM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
I feel their pain. Trying to be helpful. He's my attorney and know his capabilities...
Just read the suit with my attorney Alan Hamisch Law.

1. This is criminal. Ive had people put in Jail for stealing my deposits. And have sued many in the auto business for slimy stuff. NEVER LOST a cent including attorney fees.
2. Champion Liability: Vicarious liability, Negligent supervision and more...
To Victims. Call Alan. He's great at this type of situation. He's only 2hrs from Champion. Federal case.
3. Not trying to be a :shill: Just being helpful.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing