Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Old 09-12-2018, 12:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Wow, unbelievable!
i would have fallen for it as well. Thankfully it didn’t happen.
Seems to me Champion needs to cut 2.5M in checks today and have their insurance go after Shiraaz (Trinidad?).
If not it’s game over for Champion brand at least.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:06 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Hello RL,
I would like to take the opportunity to break my silence, had it not been OP's post, I would still in be in the dark. Yes, I am unfortunately a victim is this scheme/fraud, and planning to talk to their attorney later
today to see how to remedy the situation. Feeling Mad/upset is just an understatement, I feel disgusted/cheated as a posche/gt3 enthusiast. My situation is a bit different, as some stated that the commission
number does not match the actual name. Confirmed with Porsche NA and even the dealership that my commission and my name do match, however when the dealership shared the " build sheet " with me, it is a
completely different build. The car has a bunch of CXX options and already in V250 status. Is there some light at the end of the tunnel? Thanks for all the support.
Jack
Sorry to hear that Jack, this just confirms that both Champion and Porsche NA knew there was something going
Old 09-12-2018, 12:16 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts

I was going to stay on the sidelines here but my anxiety is getting the best of me.

I too have a deposit with Champion for a car allegedly being built this fall. Sad that I now have to use the word “allegedly”.

However it’s with a different SA and everything seems above board but now I’m wondering how you can really be completely sure. My CC deposit was to Champion Porsche, not the shell that’s being mentioned.

Im flying most of today but the dealership will be getting a call as soon as I land.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Scott_in_FL
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Yeah (referring to Giuseppe's post), like I mentioned previously, it's going to come down to "knew or should have known" about the fraud. If these types of communications were happening and Champion did not act, then they have a real problem (i.e. bigger than the lost deposits -- which are definitely the responsibility of the dealership notwithstanding any "acting beyond the scope of employment" type of defense they are likely to assert). Again, it's really all dependent on getting all of the information from the defrauded clients and then discovering what Champion knew.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:18 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by Matt_
If anyone is interested here are some documents pertaining to a lawsuit filed by Champion against Shiraaz
Matt_ you have "almost" hit the jackpot here... Keep looking where you are looking. Go on a RAMPAGE for a 911r ....
Old 09-12-2018, 12:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Sorry to hear that Jack, this just confirms that both Champion and Porsche NA knew there was something going

+1

Very standup of you to share your story. It will take a lot of work, but I'm sure in the end those defrauded will be paid back. I think Champion will try to shield themselves from this as much as they can. PCNA won't touch this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,744 Likes on 2,172 Posts

In the end, I think the dealership will need to pay, so they'll be the real victim. The people who paid a lot of money on cars yet to be delivered helped facilitate this situation with those unwise decisions, but the blame obviously goes to the criminal(s) who perpetrated this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:27 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry to hear this for all the victims - hopefully the bigwigs at dealership / Porsche make this right
Old 09-12-2018, 12:31 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Nope Champion will own this.... regardless if they really were in the dark. Trust me on this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Champion has to take care of this. PCNA doesn't have to be and will not be any part of this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:40 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iammacey
I have no direct knowledge of anything that actually happened - just as I suspect many of you do not either. It seems as though at least one person does have direct involvement as a customer and is rightfully choosing to distance themselves from this thread. Or at least making accusations, etc..

Champion has a responsibility to make this right due to this being their employee. Clearly their process of ordering GT cars is also flawed. Leadership is likely scrambling as they learn of all this as well and dig in to understand total damage inflicted. They might even go quiet for a bit as they consult with legal and PCNA or PAG.

Right now this doesn't sound like a con or scam ran by the dealer but rather the actions of a single person. It sounds like he took the steps to do this and ensure consumers and Champion were unaware.

No one that trusted this person and gave a deposit is to blame. And my hope is Champion processes through this quickly and makes it right and that PCNA adjusts the process for ADMs and car orders.
i understand your initial thought on this. He worked for Champion, he mislead allot of folks by using Champions email accounts, sale agreement, web page...you name it. They are liable for this. Spin it how you want. They employeed him, not to mention a long time employee. He was their contact for GT cars. I have a friend that paid a deposit, to Champion Autosports and actually received a car. Companies have allot of subsidiaries. Folks that can afford a Porsche aren’t fooled easily IMO. Porsche better step up. Champion should do the right thing and step up. The silence on their end is not working. I believe it’s making it worse. What needs to be considered is we’ve only heard from Champions attorney, not the staff, not their management, no Porsche.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:42 PM
993KHTO
Racer

If anyone is interested here are some documents pertaining to a lawsuit filed by Champion against Shiraaz
Matt_ YOU CAN FIND IT. KEEP LOOKING......
Old 09-12-2018, 12:43 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
In the end, I think the dealership will need to pay, so they'll be the real victim. The people who paid a lot of money on cars yet to be delivered helped facilitate this situation with those unwise decisions, but the blame obviously goes to the criminal(s) who perpetrated this.
They should have insurance to cover some of it.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:47 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Matt_ Find it and post it. It will blow this whole thing out of the water. You will know it when you see it.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:51 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster

i understand your initial thought on this. He worked for Champion, he mislead allot of folks by using Champions email accounts, sale agreement, web page...you name it. They are liable for this. Spin it how you want. They employeed him, not to mention a long time employee. He was their contact for GT cars. I have a friend that paid a deposit, to Champion Autosports and actually received a car. Companies have allot of subsidiaries. Folks that can afford a Porsche aren’t fooled easily IMO. Porsche better step up. Champion should do the right thing and step up. The silence on their end is not working. I believe it’s making it worse. What needs to be considered is we’ve only heard from Champions attorney, not the staff, not their management, no Porsche.
I agree with you. And said as much. Champion has to own this. But if they didnt know about it, which I'm suggesting has not been proven, then they are scrambling. Granted, court documents indicate at least 07Sept2018 - which I would judge as enough time to start engaging customers. They've had at least week and agree it's time for them to be vocal and discuss the next steps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing