Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:17 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I've heard from multiple sources that the missing deposits in question total around $2.5 million

This Shiraaz Sookralli was VP of Marketing at Champion Porsche and handled all GT car sales.

He set up a shill company called Champion Autosports and took deposits through it.

I feel very sorry for the guys who were taken advantage of here. Hopefully some resolution by PCNA and the dealership in question here happens.
Insanity. I hope someone who got taken has the resources to find that scumbag.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:20 AM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's pretty brazen if true. Quality bean counters they got down there. Paid off to turn a blind eye? Don't see how Champion doesn't pony up the deficit.

It's usually at peak frenzy when the frauds start cropping up. I'm using this myopic one-off example and callin' it the top for ADM on GT's
Old 09-12-2018, 02:44 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Big dealer, I think with a decent reputation from what I have read....
J
Ok I take back the decent reputation thing! If you can't trust the VP of GT cars at a stealership....

J
Old 09-12-2018, 02:51 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

At risk of stating the obvious, it's important to put money down only when you have a clear path to a Commission Number IN YOUR NAME...
Old 09-12-2018, 03:45 AM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

#Scampion

Power. Lots is good, more is better, too much is just right...

'87 951, RIP
'00 996 C2 L92U AQ / IXAA IXRB IX54 M96/7.xx G96/7.88 M030 M375 M376 M436 M476 M601 M983 ... + 991 GT3 brakes, 997 GT3 sway bars, fully monoball'd suspension, Bilstein Cup Car coilovers, do88 Big Pack ICs. 10 & 12 x 19" BBS CH-R wheels with 265/30 & 325 /30 -19 MPSC2s.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:08 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
At risk of stating the obvious, it's important to put money down only when you have a clear path to a Commission Number IN YOUR NAME...
this really sucks. Shows what a feeding frenzy the Porsche GT market has become that something like this could happen. I’ve ordered a lot of Porsche’s/GT cars over the years and never put a deposit down, so if a dealer asked me to put a large sum down on a future build I’d be a bit skeptical to begin with.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:29 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex

You're not stating anything obvious. In fact, what you're stating rather vaguely with, "a clear path to a commission number", means you'd probably never get an allocation at all at the majority of the dealers I've ever done business with.

Putting a deposit with the VP of the #1 GT sales guy at the #1 Porsche dealer in America seems like a "clear path" if he tells you you're going to get a car.

Let's not blame the victims here.

In my view Champion only has a short time to fix this before their reputation is completely destroyed. Pull out your pocket books and pay the guys your representative stole from with interest or your business is in trouble.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
What the heck is going on with this? Ive seen numerous things popping up about client funds disappearing now from Champion on different sites.

Have tried to deal with them twice on difference occasions with no success, but certainly not in the situation that is running around at the rumor level right now.

Anyone with first hand experience that is willing or able to share?
Originally Posted by STG
I've heard from multiple sources that the missing deposits in question total around $2.5 million

This Shiraaz Sookralli was VP of Marketing at Champion Porsche and handled all GT car sales.

He set up a shill company called Champion Autosports and took deposits through it.

I feel very sorry for the guys who were taken advantage of here. Hopefully some resolution by PCNA and the dealership in question here happens.
Sounds spot on. And there is much more to come.... PCNA and PAG are separating themselves from the situation, not producing the cars that were ordered and/or paid for, and not offering $ back. Follow it on Twitter and IG.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:26 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

What a scam by Champion!.....I hope this ADM crap bites Champion and Porsche right in the ***.

There had to be some customers that got scammed with big time major money and legal connections that just want to burry and make an example out of Champion and Porsche on this.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:43 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Twitter: @GT3Buyer
Old 09-12-2018, 08:51 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Not sure why so many expect PCNA to step up. Dealerships are a different entity and are totally separate from PCNA. The power PCNA has over its dealerships is shown in the ADM situation. Again, Champion got in trouble once before with PCNA and nothing really happened (other than limited access to early information)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:54 AM
993KHTO
Racer

IF you have a contract with Champion Porsche (and they have your money) and at one point Champion Porsche tell you your PTS build has gone "V215"--wouldn't you think you have your car being built?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:59 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
What a scam by Champion!.....I hope this ADM crap bites Champion and Porsche right in the ***.

There had to be some customers that got scammed with big time major money and legal connections that just want to burry and make an example out of Champion and Porsche on this.
I have no direct knowledge of anything that actually happened - just as I suspect many of you do not either. It seems as though at least one person does have direct involvement as a customer and is rightfully choosing to distance themselves from this thread. Or at least making accusations, etc..

Champion has a responsibility to make this right due to this being their employee. Clearly their process of ordering GT cars is also flawed. Leadership is likely scrambling as they learn of all this as well and dig in to understand total damage inflicted. They might even go quiet for a bit as they consult with legal and PCNA or PAG.

Right now this doesn't sound like a con or scam ran by the dealer but rather the actions of a single person. It sounds like he took the steps to do this and ensure consumers and Champion were unaware.

No one that trusted this person and gave a deposit is to blame. And my hope is Champion processes through this quickly and makes it right and that PCNA adjusts the process for ADMs and car orders.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:03 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by iammacey
I have no direct knowledge of anything that actually happened - just as I suspect many of you do not either. It seems as though at least one person does have direct involvement as a customer and is rightfully choosing to distance themselves from this thread. Or at least making accusations, etc..

Champion has a responsibility to make this right due to this being their employee. Clearly their process of ordering GT cars is also flawed. Leadership is likely scrambling as they learn of all this as well and dig in to understand total damage inflicted. They might even go quiet for a bit as they consult with legal and PCNA or PAG.

Right now this doesn't sound like a con or scam ran by the dealer but rather the actions of a single person. It sounds like he took the steps to do this and ensure consumers and Champion were unaware.

No one that trusted this person and gave a deposit is to blame. And my hope is Champion processes through this quickly and makes it right and that PCNA adjusts the process for ADMs and car orders.
So you're buying no one else at the dealer knew about this? You must be one trust worthy guy! Come on.....
Old 09-12-2018, 09:06 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by iammacey

Would your view change if Champion and current management has done this before?

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing