Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:30 PM
jeffostroff
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So anyone who has lost money to scam, should not be sitting around going "What do I do?" or waiting for news either. You should not be waiting especially for the Coward Sheriff's Office to do something. You should already be on the phone to the FBI and Secret Service directly. If you know other victims, then band up and approach FBI as a group. File a complaint with the Florida State Attorney General's office online here:

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.ns...tizen_Services

They DO follow up and quickly. The quicker it looks like you are pursuing criminal charges against Champion Porsche, the quicker you might see a refund from them. This might help ensure they were not just blowing hot air when they said they plan to reimburse buyers for their losses.

We have investigated and warned the public since 2003 of all sorts of car buying related scams on eBay, Craigslist, Autotrader, you name it. Ironically, we originally got involved because of a scam involving the online sale of a Porsche that was priced way too low below market value. The Secret Service in 2004 flew me up to Washington to present some training to them on these online frauds at their economic crimes conference.

In the past when I handed over our research into internet car buying scams to the FBI and Secret Service, the agent assigned to me has told me they only get involved when losses reach $100,000 or more total. I don't know if they still have this criterion, but certainly the fact that Sookralli allegedly used email, phone calls, and wire transfers, this qualifies as racketeering under the RICO statutes, the same laws they used to put John Gotti away.

The racketeering charges could send him to a Federal "pound me in the butt prison" (reference to Office Space movie) for a very long time.

Also, we have helped numerous victims of eBay and Craigslist car scams recover money in the past, even from the Cayman Islands, much to the surprise of the guys I knew at Secret Service and FBI who at the time told me I'd never be able to recover a cent from overseas. We've posted a few articles on our site exposing many of these internet cars buying frauds, and of course many scams at the car dealers as well.

The important strategy here where everyone drops the ball, is they should follow the money trail, not fake corporate names, and waiting for police who will tell you nothing. Time is of the essence and you need to chase after the cash and claw it back quickly. Sometimes with American Greed scams like this, the first few complainers get their money back to prevent the whole thing from blowing open.

Do what you can in your limited power to choke off that money supply. If you paid deposits by credit card you should have already been on the phone to the credit card company to dispute the charge before your window of opportunity closes. If you have not done this, stop reading this now, and get on the phone.

I have helped victims from Bank America before, and with Bank of America fraud protocols, if you used an ATM/Debit card, they were able go back 6 months claw back money for an elderly victim I was helping, when scammers used her debit card number to sign up for numerous services and products. I think we recovered like $6,000 out of $12,000, because the rest were too old to recover.

You might also try to undo the wiring of cash, but with Champion Porsche being granted the freezing of that account last week, it might be too late, although I would still file the paperwork for it, in the unlikely event that money lands back in that account, your claim might then be processed. Foolish to at least not get a claim in.

But see how waiting too long to do anything results in you getting nothing? If people had tried to claw back funds weeks ago, they might have been successful.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Wow, Jeff gave some great advice. Everyone is lucky to get his expertise. I agree, that the proper authorities need to be contacted. Not just their local police dept. you need the FBI and FL State Attorney General involved as they are the only ones who will have the knowledge and manpower to catch Shiraaz. The FBI can track his travel, passport, etc. The resources are unlimited. The local Broward Police dept can barely catch a purse snatcher.

Any victims, file a complaint with the Attorney General asap. Let them do the work they're cut out for. Will likely cost you less personal attorney fees and have you jump through less hoops for any hope of justice.

This is the bare minimum that you should do.

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.ns...tizen_Services

Name:  photo194.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  771.1 KB

Shiraaz needs to be caught and they will get to the bottom of this mess. There could be ALOT more we don't know to this story.

Last edited by STG; 09-19-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:06 PM
darma1md
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeymourButts
Champion will be lucky to stay in business if PCNA decides to punish them by limiting the number of future allocations. That's what car companies do to franchises with low performance scores (and the reason why you're pressured into giving high scores on surveys.)
Bingo!!! Some of these dealers are so arrogant greedy (Monterey GM), he only gets original allocations, not extras. Dealers that sell GT cars with MSRP get extras. My old rep was like that, he kept getting new allocations because PCNA knows he sold them MSRP. No markups....
Old 09-19-2018, 03:24 PM
NDGal
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I haven't read much on the owners death. I saw it was a boating accident.
Fredo also had a "Boating accident"...
Old 09-19-2018, 03:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by NDGal
Fredo also had a "Boating accident"...

So I've heard ...

Name:  photo841.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  435.8 KB
Old 09-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by darma1md
Bingo!!! Some of these dealers are so arrogant greedy (Monterey GM), he only gets original allocations, not extras. Dealers that sell GT cars with MSRP get extras.
Comedy gold right there. Dealers that sell at MSRP get extra allocations...
Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by darma1md
Bingo!!! Some of these dealers are so arrogant greedy (Monterey GM), he only gets original allocations, not extras. Dealers that sell GT cars with MSRP get extras. My old rep was like that, he kept getting new allocations because PCNA knows he sold them MSRP. No markups....
Wow...and all along, I thought GT allocations were tied into 911 sales. Thank you, RL.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:22 PM
Evilfrog
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I'm just curious...and I fully support the victims and not defending Champion : but how do you exactly expect Champion to make the victims whole? By returning their deposits,that goes without saying... But how do you propose they handle the allocations? Use your collective minds.
For ex,I wouldn't accept an RS allocation because I wanted a GT3 with a manual. Then the RS is more expensive.
How should they handle this situation without taking away allocations from deserving people waiting on a list? Let's say PCNA doesn't care and they won't provide extra allocations just because of this mess. I personally just don't see a solution to be made " whole " that satisfies everyone,I just don't see it!
I would say work with each individual buyer. The one buyer said he was happy with GT3RS at MSRP. They may offer buyers may have Championship refund their money, and cover the ADM on a GT3 from another Dealership. Some people may just want their money back and never to be contacted by the Champion again. While someone else may take a disconnect on a ¿turbo?

There's not going to be a blanket solution that works for everyone.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, Champion paying back the lost monies to those scammed is all they need to do, because that's the only material thing that was stolen. The prized allocation was just an unfulfilled promise that was sold by a con man. Champion offering those defrauded a GT3RS allocation at MSRP is a good will gesture on their part.

I originally went to my usual legitimate salesman and also emailed Dave Maraj pleading for a GT3RS allocation at MSRP without success. Ironically, as it turns out, I would have been better off dealing with SS.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Old 09-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

I also believe that Dave Maraj's mysterious drowning will likely be tied to this somehow. It is too far fetched for him to slip on the deck of his boat while docked and then fall overboard and drown.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I also believe that Dave Maraj's mysterious drowning will likely be tied to this somehow. It is too far fetched for him to slip on the deck of his boat while docked and then fall overboard and drown.

Hopefully it's not tied to someone who emailed him and was upset about not getting a GT3 RS allocation at MSRP

Kidding!!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Maraj was found dead 5 days later and I turned to my wife and said, I guess I won't be getting a reply to my email.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:45 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I turned to my wife and said, I guess I won't be getting a reply to my email.

That was a safe assumption ...

Have you ever seen this stamp around Miami?

RedStreak said it was a common request Shiraaz made ...

Name:  photo379.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  323.9 KB

Based on your avatar, I see you have a mutual appreciation ....... Hmmmmm
Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Would this be a too obvious place to look for him??

Name:  photo313.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  253.4 KB

Surprised, the lack of online pictures of him. Someone must have some?? Any SS sightings?

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing