Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
The RedStreak's and such of Boca and Pompano will be coming out of the woodwork.

We need facts here not fluffy posts.

I suggest the victims here start speaking up and updating more as to keep things updated and informative on the progress instead of getting drowned out by false claims.

How many have gotten their $$ back from Champion? Like $$ is now in your account? Reimbursed for attorney fees? Anything done on getting a new car?

Not like you guys have your real name listed here. The silence won't help the cause. A little update can only help. I'm sure the voices will get louder once weeks pass by if little has progressed. Champion figures the media coverage will die off in a week or so and your voices will only be this thread and your attorneys.
You are really assuming that all these victims are on this forum. Don’t fool yourself, I bet the majority of the people that spend well over market value to get these cars don’t even know what RL is. They probably aren’t even on any forums for that matter. You would be better off checking into all the social media feeds, that is where they like to brag. You will also have plenty that the money they spent isn’t even worth their time to go after it. I am sure they have some assistant checking into it but that deposit will be a rounding error. Some have probably already moved on.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
The post by Porsche71 is his first post on RL, so he has no history here. He also doesn't give a name or other details to verify that anything he says is legit. For those reasons, can't rule out the possibility that the post is fake and was made to help the dealer.
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder how much they got paid for that.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:33 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by SeymourButts
Champion will be lucky to stay in business if PCNA decides to punish them by limiting the number of future allocations. That's what car companies do to franchises with low performance scores (and the reason why you're pressured into giving high scores on surveys.)
and that is the risk they took when still employing that loser. Plenty of other dealers around to pick up the slack. I guess I am the minority but don’t feel sorry for them one bit.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:50 AM
993pbug
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO

Unfortunately what you have described is inaccurate and not true. The victims are NOT happy - they have been betrayed and Champion is NOT making any effort to resolve the situation for them. Champion is now ignoring victims and has completely failed to deliver the GT3 cars as purchased by the victims. Simply returning the deposits or offering a 2019 allocation for a different, significantly lesser value vehicle does not make the victims whole or come close to remedying the situation or compensating the victims’ losses. It is surprising that anyone on Rennlist would try to equate a 991.2 with Touring Package and PTS with a stock 992, since the collection values of those two cars are vastly different. As demonstrated in the Rampage case, Champion has been aware that SS was offering cars for sale that did not exist, using Champion’s forms and name to set up fake car sales, stealing deposits, overcharging for cars, and using side companies to hide deposits since at least September 2017, but they did absolutely nothing to restrict SS access to Champion’s sales documents, monitor SS work emails, supervise SS sales activities, or limit SS interactions with customers. They even admit in the current litigation that they knew SS was having financial problems because his wages had been garnished but did nothing to protect customers from his financial schemes. The attorney who is currently representing Champion and to whom all the victims are being directed is the exact same attorney who represented both SS and Champion in the Rampage case. Clearly Champion knew SS was capable of committing this kind of fraud and they provided him all the tools to accomplish this crime, but they did nothing to prevent it or protect their customers. If Champion wants to save its reputation then it needs to stop ignoring the victims and wholly compensate them for their losses.

I couldn’t agree more with this exact sentiment. My biggest question surrounds those transactions on delivered cars where initial deposits were paid to Champion Autosport (CA) but final payments were made to Champion Motorsport (CM). It has been previously indicated / discussed that those final sales agreements (which were CM official documents) accounted for the initial deposit made to CA with only remaining balances paid to CM at time of delivery. To me, that indicates a definitive financial / accounting link between CA and CM ... how else could these deals be reconciled on the CM books without the deposits being accounted for internally? I find it very hard to believe that this was pulled off without knowledge of another party within the CM ranks.

Given the exposure CM incurred on the Rampage deal, there would have been a full-blown Order Process and Accounting audit conducted by any other corporation (auto industry or otherwise) stuck in this predicament. Any party that would have been part of a situation significant enough to trigger a lawsuit would have most certainly been terminated on the spot. Why didn’t that not occur here? I refer you back to the last sentence in the above paragraph ...
Old 09-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Originally Posted by goin2drt

You are really assuming that all these victims are on this forum. Don’t fool yourself, I bet the majority of the people that spend well over market value to get these cars don’t even know what RL is. They probably aren’t even on any forums for that matter. You would be better off checking nto all the social media feeds, that is where they like to brag. You will also have plenty that the money they spent isn’t even worth their time to go after it. I am sure they have some assistant checking into it but that deposit will be a rounding error. Some have probably already moved on.
How many affected by this are on this forum chat? Not close to 24 from what I see here. I think you’re right.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:06 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

You are really assuming that all these victims are on this forum. Don’t fool yourself, I bet the majority of the people that spend well over market value to get these cars don’t even know what RL is. They probably aren’t even on any forums for that matter. You would be better off checking into all the social media feeds, that is where they like to brag. You will also have plenty that the money they spent isn’t even worth their time to go after it. I am sure they have some assistant checking into it but that deposit will be a rounding error. Some have probably already moved on.

I agree, but those who never really participated here in past have surely found this thread now.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 993pbug
I couldn’t agree more with this exact sentiment. My biggest question surrounds those transactions on delivered cars where initial deposits were paid to Champion Autosport (CA) but final payments were made to Champion Motorsport (CM). It has been previously indicated / discussed that those final sales agreements (which were CM official documents) accounted for the initial deposit made to CA with only remaining balances paid to CM at time of delivery. To me, that indicates a definitive financial / accounting link between CA and CM ... how else could these deals be reconciled on the CM books without the deposits being accounted for internally? I find it very hard to believe that this was pulled off without knowledge of another party within the CM ranks.

Given the exposure CM incurred on the Rampage deal, there would have been a full-blown Order Process and Accounting audit conducted by any other corporation (auto industry or otherwise) stuck in this predicament. Any party that would have been part of a situation significant enough to trigger a lawsuit would have most certainly been terminated on the spot. Why didn’t that not occur here? I refer you back to the last sentence in the above paragraph ...

"kickbacks"

Old 09-19-2018, 11:13 AM
jeffostroff
Track Day

Our local newspaper Sun-Sentinel finally reported on the story last night, essentially stating what we reported and what The Drive article reported, but added that Champion announced they will pay pack the victims to make this right, because "Our reputation is on the line here". Champion's lawyers stated they still do not know how much money if nay is in the Bank of America account, but they do expect to know in the next few days, and they are hoping there will be enough in there for them to recover what they have to front out to the victims.

The Drive article seems to have incorrectly stated Devika Budhram as Sookralli's wife. His wife is Vimla K Sookralli, so unless Devika Budhram is an alias for his wife, we should assume it is a third person, which is what Champion Porsche is asserting in their lawsuit.

Also I have been to Boca Resort where Champion Porsche owner Dave Meraj drowned in July numerous time over the years, my wife and I had our wedding reception there, I know the place backward and forwards. I've seen many elderly people walking around late at night and no one ever fell in. Dave was a club member there, and probably even more familiar with the grounds, and the property, and the docks of the Boca Resort than me. He has docked his sailboat there many times I'm sure. So anyone trying to convince me he fell into the water is going to have a hard time. Unless he was plastered from alcohol, I'm not putting down a deposit on that claim of "accidental drowning". Now, I might believe "accidentally on purpose!"
Old 09-19-2018, 11:21 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Realistically, why would Sookralli have left anything in the B of A account? Regardless, I'm glad Champion is saying the right things now, making a commitment to return the deposits the customers made in good faith.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Douglas Jones
Track Day

Originally Posted by jeffostroff
Our local newspaper Sun-Sentinel finally reported on the story last night, essentially stating what we reported and what The Drive article reported, but added that Champion announced they will pay pack the victims to make this right, because "Our reputation is on the line here". Champion's lawyers stated they still do not know how much money if nay is in the Bank of America account, but they do expect to know in the next few days, and they are hoping there will be enough in there for them to recover what they have to front out to the victims.

The Drive article seems to have incorrectly stated Devika Budhram as Sookralli's wife. His wife is Vimla K Sookralli, so unless Devika Budhram is an alias for his wife, we should assume it is a third person, which is what Champion Porsche is asserting in their lawsuit.

Also I have been to Boca Resort where Champion Porsche owner Dave Meraj drowned in July numerous time over the years, my wife and I had our wedding reception there, I know the place backward and forwards. I've seen many elderly people walking around late at night and no one ever fell in. Dave was a club member there, and probably even more familiar with the grounds, and the property, and the docks of the Boca Resort than me. He has docked his sailboat there many times I'm sure. So anyone trying to convince me he fell into the water is going to have a hard time. Unless he was plastered from alcohol, I'm not putting down a deposit on that claim of "accidental drowning". Now, I might believe "accidentally on purpose!"
....or plain old “on purpose”. Conjecture of course.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:27 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I'm just curious...and I fully support the victims and not defending Champion : but how do you exactly expect Champion to make the victims whole? By returning their deposits,that goes without saying... But how do you propose they handle the allocations? Use your collective minds.
For ex,I wouldn't accept an RS allocation because I wanted a GT3 with a manual. Then the RS is more expensive.
How should they handle this situation without taking away allocations from deserving people waiting on a list? Let's say PCNA doesn't care and they won't provide extra allocations just because of this mess. I personally just don't see a solution to be made " whole " that satisfies everyone,I just don't see it!
Agreed. Champion can’t provide a GT3 touring with two tone Lemans blue and orange PTS, Chris Harris bronze wheels, magnesium roof, Weissach lime green highlights and euro club sport package with rollbars that Sookralli promised for delivery. Victims expecting delivery of their specific “allocation” are reminded that they were taken by a flim flam man that never had the allocation, that the allocation won’t magically appear and, that specific performance is impossible.

As to how Champion is offering future allocations, they have the same limits they always have. No one on a list outside of Champion is deprived as Champion’s allocations are earned by non GT car sales. How the dealer decides to ration those allocations, with or without ADM, to victims, to repeat buyers, to the guy wearing hot pink T-shirt under a white jacket is the same system all the other dealers follow - at their whim. If that's wrong, write a congressman to change dealer franchise laws.

Dan (thinks if Tesla can sell direct, Porsche ought to be able as well)
Old 09-19-2018, 11:37 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by jeffostroff

Good clarification, but I'm not convinced 100% the difference between the two women yet.

Devika is Shiraaz's wife. Or was his wife assuming still together? This picture is quite old. Maybe 5-8 years old I think?

He has 10 known children. He gets around.

Name:  photo28.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  80.9 KBName:  photo97.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  40.6 KB

https://goo.gl/images/wmCJBy

The local newspaper did such a HACK JOB on that article. It's bad.

Last edited by STG; 09-19-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo606.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  1.25 MB

Shiraaz Sookralli: He's good at accumulating #'s and $$'s.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:19 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree for some this was rounding error ADM - I don't care give me car now. But disagree they don't care- the few I know who can drop that ADM like movie tickets to mere mortals could care less paying over to get what they want now. What DOES make them mad is getting screwed over. Even if for 'movie' money.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:27 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Good clarification, but I'm not convinced 100% the difference between the two women yet.

Devika is Shiraaz's wife. Or was his wife assuming still together? This picture is quite old. Maybe 5-8 years old I think?

He has 10 known children. He gets around.

Attachment 1291554Attachment 1291553

https://goo.gl/images/wmCJBy

The local newspaper did such a HACK JOB on that article. It's bad.
I was going to say something but, you did a nice job of editing your post to come to the same conclusion.

By the way for victims, what I would be asking for, instead of the 2019 GT3-RS allocation is, to have in writing, a 5-year option to pick the next car of my choice right after their 918 VIP first right customers, subject to availability as there are other victims. If there is a Speedster allocation available after the 918 owners are done, *sigh*, a GT2 RS or, a 2020 992 GT3 touring option, if it is made, you might want that over a RS. If the car of your choice doesn't become available within the 5 years, an extension for another 5 years for a GT car with 5 year extensions until you are able to make a choice. Having a first option is not an unreasonable ask and, it would give you a better chance to be made "whole". Good luck to you guys.

Dan (would like a Speedster)

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing