991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:12 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,795 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Just curious, how are they providing extra allocations to these customers? Are they receiving extra or taking them from customers already on the list?
Even if they receive extra, those cars could still have gone to others on lists around the country. Not sure someone should be able to jump legit lines because they were in a scam line for fake cars.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

A thread got started called "GT car scams" for those wishing to debate the bigger picture topic related to ADM's and PCNA's relationship with dealers and buyers. It's an ADM thread pretty much.

Would rather stay on topic here related to the Champion and Shiraaz CASE.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...car-scams.html
Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche71
I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
Unfortunately what you have described is inaccurate and not true. The victims are NOT happy - they have been betrayed and Champion is NOT making any effort to resolve the situation for them. Champion is now ignoring victims and has completely failed to deliver the GT3 cars as purchased by the victims. Simply returning the deposits or offering a 2019 allocation for a different, significantly lesser value vehicle does not make the victims whole or come close to remedying the situation or compensating the victims’ losses. It is surprising that anyone on Rennlist would try to equate a 991.2 with Touring Package and PTS with a stock 992, since the collection values of those two cars are vastly different. As demonstrated in the Rampage case, Champion has been aware that SS was offering cars for sale that did not exist, using Champion’s forms and name to set up fake car sales, stealing deposits, overcharging for cars, and using side companies to hide deposits since at least September 2017, but they did absolutely nothing to restrict SS access to Champion’s sales documents, monitor SS work emails, supervise SS sales activities, or limit SS interactions with customers. They even admit in the current litigation that they knew SS was having financial problems because his wages had been garnished but did nothing to protect customers from his financial schemes. The attorney who is currently representing Champion and to whom all the victims are being directed is the exact same attorney who represented both SS and Champion in the Rampage case. Clearly Champion knew SS was capable of committing this kind of fraud and they provided him all the tools to accomplish this crime, but they did nothing to prevent it or protect their customers. If Champion wants to save its reputation then it needs to stop ignoring the victims and wholly compensate them for their losses.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:36 AM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I completely agree. This is the elephant in the room. He mysteriously drowns in a non boating accident weeks before **** hits the fan? rightttttttt

Theres way more going on with this story.
the reason I check the thread each day. This shoe will drop.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM
STG
Race Director

Just posting the news .... new article

Name:  photo346.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  497.8 KB

https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-sal...rom-dealership
Old 09-19-2018, 09:44 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Dealerships generally don’t accept credit card deposits in excess of $5k -$10k due to fees. And for GT cars, unless the customer has loaded up the car with CXX options (or optioned a spectacularly bad build), these six figure deposits are ridiculous (and should have been a red flag to the customer).

Old 09-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Dealerships generally don’t accept credit card deposits in excess of $5k -$10k due to fees. And for GT cars, unless the customer has loaded up the car with CXX options (or optioned a spectacularly bad build), these six figure deposits are ridiculous (and should have been a red flag to the customer).

Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

In these type of scams no one really gets fully compensated..........pipe dream.......ie wow.... we will sell you an RS instead....... who benefits? Porsche and dealer that’s it....... especially if the guy wants a regular GT3 for a daily driver and when an RS would be overkill for the street

we we will all have to check back in 6 months to check the satisfaction quotient..... it will be Madoff like........too many people and pieces with this scam to apply logic to...
Old 09-19-2018, 09:57 AM
STG
Race Director

Funny Gone in 60 seconds poster
Old 09-19-2018, 09:57 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I'm just curious...and I fully support the victims and not defending Champion : but how do you exactly expect Champion to make the victims whole? By returning their deposits,that goes without saying... But how do you propose they handle the allocations? Use your collective minds.
For ex,I wouldn't accept an RS allocation because I wanted a GT3 with a manual. Then the RS is more expensive.
How should they handle this situation without taking away allocations from deserving people waiting on a list? Let's say PCNA doesn't care and they won't provide extra allocations just because of this mess. I personally just don't see a solution to be made " whole " that satisfies everyone,I just don't see it!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I'm just curious...and I fully support the victims and not defending Champion : but how do you exactly expect Champion to make the victims whole? By returning their deposits,that goes without saying... But how do you propose they handle the allocations? Use your collective minds.
For ex,I wouldn't accept an RS allocation because I wanted a GT3 with a manual. Then the RS is more expensive.
How should they handle this situation without taking away allocations from deserving people waiting on a list? Let's say PCNA doesn't care and they won't provide extra allocations just because of this mess. I personally just don't see a solution to be made " whole " that satisfies everyone,I just don't see it!
I couldn’t agree more with this. IMO If Porsche decides to get involved and generates more allocations to make these people whole that is the best solution. If they don’t then I would say the affected get their money back and get the “sorry but we have no more allocations”. I absolutely do not think that allocations should be moved from other dealers or other people to fulfill these.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money.
Champion will be lucky to stay in business if PCNA decides to punish them by limiting the number of future allocations. That's what car companies do to franchises with low performance scores (and the reason why you're pressured into giving high scores on surveys.)
Old 09-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,795 Likes on 2,194 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO

Unfortunately what you have described is inaccurate and not true. The victims are NOT happy - they have been betrayed and Champion is NOT making any effort to resolve the situation for them. Champion is now ignoring victims and has completely failed to deliver the GT3 cars as purchased by the victims. Simply returning the deposits or offering a 2019 allocation for a different, significantly lesser value vehicle does not make the victims whole or come close to remedying the situation or compensating the victims’ losses. It is surprising that anyone on Rennlist would try to equate a 991.2 with Touring Package and PTS with a stock 992, since the collection values of those two cars are vastly different. As demonstrated in the Rampage case, Champion has been aware that SS was offering cars for sale that did not exist, using Champion’s forms and name to set up fake car sales, stealing deposits, overcharging for cars, and using side companies to hide deposits since at least September 2017, but they did absolutely nothing to restrict SS access to Champion’s sales documents, monitor SS work emails, supervise SS sales activities, or limit SS interactions with customers. They even admit in the current litigation that they knew SS was having financial problems because his wages had been garnished but did nothing to protect customers from his financial schemes. The attorney who is currently representing Champion and to whom all the victims are being directed is the exact same attorney who represented both SS and Champion in the Rampage case. Clearly Champion knew SS was capable of committing this kind of fraud and they provided him all the tools to accomplish this crime, but they did nothing to prevent it or protect their customers. If Champion wants to save its reputation then it needs to stop ignoring the victims and wholly compensate them for their losses.
The post by Porsche71 is his first post on RL, so he has no history here. He also doesn't give a name or other details to verify that anything he says is legit. For those reasons, can't rule out the possibility that the post is fake and was made to help the dealer.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:23 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

It is very nice of you to say nice things about Champion on your FIRST POST despite the "many cars" you bought and sold at Champion. How sure are you that the "VICTIMS HAVE PRETTY HAPPY WITH THEIR RESULTS."? Better grammar would be "Victims are happy with the results."

How long have you been employed at Champion? Or what is your relation to the people who work there, relatives?

There is only ONE place for Shiraaz Sookralli, he needs to retire at the Big House (JAIL).

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
Originally Posted by Manifold
The post by Porsche71 is his first post on RL, so he has no history here. He also doesn't give a name or other details to verify that anything he says is legit. For those reasons, can't rule out the possibility that the post is fake and was made to help the dealer.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:25 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Manifold

The RedStreak's and such of Boca and Pompano will be coming out of the woodwork.

We need facts here not fluffy posts.

I suggest the victims here start speaking up and updating more as to keep things updated and informative on the progress instead of getting drowned out by false claims.

How many have gotten their $$ back from Champion? Like $$ is now in your account? Reimbursed for attorney fees? Anything done on getting a new car?

Not like you guys have your real name listed here. The silence won't help the cause. A little update can only help. I'm sure the voices will get louder once weeks pass by if little has progressed. Champion figures the media coverage will die off in a week or so and your voices will only be this thread and your attorneys.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing