Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 12:51 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

deleted

Last edited by dark knight; 12-25-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:53 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
According to online accounts and from this thread, it appears that SS never actually placed orders into the PCNA ordering system for the defrauded buyer's cars. He took their build specs, used Champion computers to make the paperwork look real and even used Champion's cc processing system to process a few of the monies, and sent back bogus paperwork to his clients. When time went on, he sent buyers actual build sheets from other buyer's cars (which the buyer may have backed out on or not) completely unrelated to the builds his victims submitted, and pressured them into taking the car or losing their deposit. Management at Champion told me they did not have any evidence that any of SS orders were actually placed into their system.

Ummmmmmm ...... I personally know of one customer who paid an ADM to Shiraaz into his shill Champion Autosports account, and the deal went though and he got the car months ago.

Champion is certainly now aware that cars were indeed delivered that Shiraaz skimmed the ADM's off of.

This isn't something he was just doing with some fictional cars.

He had long term relationships with brokers. He was legitimately delivering cars and scamming along the way.

Read the other litigation regarding the 911R.

Shill company Champion Autosports dates back to 2010!!!! 8 years ago.

Name:  photo169.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  221.3 KB

Name:  photo44.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  51.5 KB
Old 09-16-2018, 01:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Where are CJ and ChicagoWhale??

They always have interesting insight into these subjects of dealer business. Bizarre, the biggest story to probably ever hit RL and crickets from them??
Old 09-16-2018, 01:08 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Porsche Dealer "Champion Porsche".

But please, make your check payable to Champion AutoSports.

This apparently didnt raise anyone curiosity?

Why would you make your check payable for your GT car to other than the Porsche Dealer legal name?

Good lesson, expensive but a good lesson for others.

And yes, I think I understand people are easily duped.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 996AE

Why would you make your check payable for your GT car to other than the Porsche Dealer legal name?

They also have Champion Motorsports.

$$ usually gets wired into an Acct #

I'm sure Copans Motors is on paperwork too. That's their legal business name. They dba as: Champion.

You're also dealing with a legitimate VP at a dealership.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:12 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996AE

probably said this was a way to avoid paying sales tax on the selling price of the car so the buyer went along with it. Ive heard on many instances where the ADM was to go to a different account, you've all heard about "donating" to the dealerships race team
Old 09-16-2018, 01:15 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

I bet this guy never took vacations and was at the dealership 24/7. Otherwise, it seems odd one this fraud wasn't discovered earlier. How many of us have made multiple visits to the dealership to check on the status of our vehicle? If SS wasn't around, any salesperson could have checked the status of the order.

Sales Rep to customer: Uh, what's your name again? Mmm...I don't see you in our system.

Which leads me to a request of Porsche: Give your customers access to a portal that allows customers to monitor the status of ordered vehicles! If Porsche implemented something like its competitors (e.g. BMW), this scam might have unraveled sooner (and potentially prevent future copycats). In other words, it's a low cost internal control that protects the Porsche brand, dealerships and customers.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by dark knight
probably said this was a way to avoid paying sales tax on the selling price of the car so the buyer went along with it. Ive heard on many instances where the ADM was to go to a different account, you've all heard about "donating" to the dealerships race team

So back to my point. Champion Autosports could have been a slush fund for Shiraaz and ownership. He just decided to raid it once the owner was out of the way.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:17 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

STG- this thread has over 1,000 posts but you are 150 of them. Take a breather and go for a drive
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
STG- this thread has over 1,000 posts but you are 150 of them. Take a breather and go for a drive

Yeah, it's been a lot of work!!
Old 09-16-2018, 01:20 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Yeah, STG joined RL 5 months after I did and he has 12x the posts. STG: You're not driving enough! lol
Old 09-16-2018, 01:21 PM
Turbo II
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been reading the thread from the beginning. I finally decided to register and share my take on it. Champion should be responsible for what happened, because SS was an employee at the time and was doing his scheme while on the clock. Employer needs to be responsible for its employees actions that take part while at work or "on the clock".They should own up to that and do something about it (whether it's returning the deposits or offering a special discount on GT cars to those affected). Discussion about ADM at the moment has no real point, because it's too late now, it already happened. I'll just say that ADM in itself is a shady thing. People blaming PCNA or even Porsche AG are blaming them for nothing. SS wasn't a direct employee of PCNA or Porsche AG, he was an employee of a dealership (which just happened to be a franchise of Porsche), but as I understand it, in this case the dealership is pretty much its own company, that just pays PCNA/Porsche AG for licensing and ability to sell new Porsche cars. That's the only connection.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:38 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbo II
I've been reading the thread from the beginning. I finally decided to register and share my take on it. Champion should be responsible for what happened, because SS was an employee at the time and was doing his scheme while on the clock. Employer needs to be responsible for its employees actions that take part while at work or "on the clock".They should own up to that and do something about it (whether it's returning the deposits or offering a special discount on GT cars to those affected). Discussion about ADM at the moment has no real point, because it's too late now, it already happened. I'll just say that ADM in itself is a shady thing. People blaming PCNA or even Porsche AG are blaming them for nothing. SS wasn't a direct employee of PCNA or Porsche AG, he was an employee of a dealership (which just happened to be a franchise of Porsche), but as I understand it, in this case the dealership is pretty much its own company, that just pays PCNA/Porsche AG for licensing and ability to sell new Porsche cars. That's the only connection.

legally I believe PCNA and PAG are uninvolved, but if they give Champion extra allocations to deal with it, they screw any new buyers or waiters and the other dealers in the US

Morally PCNA and PAG are involved, they should do more to "protect" us from these shenanigans. Its like this, Jordan isn't responsible for stupid people killing each other over his shoes, but he knows Nike under produces them to artificially reduce supply, if he knows his fans get killed over them, he should make some efforts to rectify the situation. I think Porsche should think about this as we are the most loyal of fans and they could do plenty to address the situation
Old 09-16-2018, 01:45 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, the popularity of this thread has grown faster than fungus.

Surprisingly enough however controversial this topic/thread has been, I do not see any input/post from broker, dealer, flipper, and or dealer sales advisor who may have fundamental knowledge how the ADM comes into the scheme of things when an allocation is available at a dealer.

If this allocation is from the "Bonus Program" wouldn't the owner/management want to know/involved in how much ADM they will make? If this was from the VIP Program this is easily traceable as the VIN is tied in with the owner isn't it?

For sure this thread/topic have unravelled many things and many more coming out of the woodwork.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by STG
Where are CJ and ChicagoWhale??

They always have interesting insight into these subjects of dealer business. Bizarre, the biggest story to probably ever hit RL and crickets from them??
Old 09-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Turbo II
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
legally I believe PCNA and PAG are uninvolved, but if they give Champion extra allocations to deal with it, they screw any new buyers or waiters and the other dealers in the US

Morally PCNA and PAG are involved, they should do more to "protect" us from these shenanigans. Its like this, Jordan isn't responsible for stupid people killing each other over his shoes, but he knows Nike under produces them to artificially reduce supply, if he knows his fans get killed over them, he should make some efforts to rectify the situation. I think Porsche should think about this as we are the most loyal of fans
My view was from a legal stand point, I do agree with you 100%. Morally PCNA/PAG should feel the obligation to help those affected in one way or another. Not only that would be a good publicity, but also will help Champion and its customers. A question that probably will stay unanswered is whether or not Champion had knowledge of shady dealings of SS and if so, why was nothing done?

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing