Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
So you're buying no one else at the dealer knew about this? You must be one trust worthy guy! Come on.....
I'm not buying anything. But I am trusting that Champion leadership, whoever they are, wouldn't give up a profitable business for 2.5 million dollars. This isn't a scam that goes undetected for long. There was no doing this and expecting to come out of it clean. This feels like one that figured out how to leverage his position, took the steps to give them confidence, and ran away moments before discovery.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:08 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Would your view change if Champion and current management has done this before?
I hope that, as new or additional information becomes available with anything, that my thoughts and opinions can be changed.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow @GT3Buyer on Twitter
Old 09-12-2018, 09:19 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

So let me try to summarize.....

- VP at Champion Porsche creates shell company called "Champion Autosports"
- Customers place deposits on GT cars with payments to Champion Autosports (instead of Champion Porsche) and are presumably provided fake/falsified Champion Porsche documents from VP
- VP tallies up ~$2.5 mil in deposits in Champion Autosports account
- VP vanishes with the deposits

If this is a comprehensive chain of events, it seems as though they would still need to PROVE that someone other than the rogue VP knew about this scam in order for Champion Porsche to be implicated.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:21 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Alan Hamish Law Firm

Call Alan Hamish Law Firm for representation located in Naples FL. He's excellent for these type of dealer scam situations.

Alan Hamisch
Attorney at Law
501 Goodlette-Frank Rd, A-210
Naples, FL 34102
239-216-4783- OFFICE
Old 09-12-2018, 09:22 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

People are held responsible for rogue employees all the time.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:23 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RossP

- Customers place deposits on GT cars with payments to Champion Autosports (instead of Champion Porsche) and are presumably provided fake/falsified Champion Porsche documents from VP

If this is a comprehensive chain of events, it seems as though they would still need to PROVE that someone other than the rogue VP knew about this scam in order for Champion Porsche to be implicated.
Fake Champion Acct.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Not shocked here, with all the hype and hysteria with these GT cars it was only a matter of time before some higher ranked dealer employee would have created a scam like this and with the top Porsche dealer in the US no less. If the owners of Champion are smart, they'll make everyone whole and save their reputation. My dealership (PNH) doesn't require deposits so it makes it easy for me. I had deposits over at Park Place for years and didn't get a car, I emailed the SA that I wanted the deposits back with a copy of my credit card statements and within a week I got a refund check Fedex'd to my home, now that is a class act dealership.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
Fake Champion Acct.
The scam would have to run much deeper into the Dealership for that. Definitely possible, just trying to make sense of this.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:28 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

The scam would have to run much deeper into the Dealership for that. Definitely possible, just trying to make sense of this.
Not possible. Thats exactly what happened.

Call Alan Hamish Law Firm for representation located in Naples FL. He's excellent for these type of dealer scam situations.

Alan Hamisch
Attorney at Law
501 Goodlette-Frank Rd, A-210
Naples, FL 34102
239-216-4783- OFFICE
Old 09-12-2018, 09:30 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I guess it was just a matter of time until someone figured out how to run with the wedding gift...
This greedy game is pathetic anyway...for what it is in the end : just a car.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:31 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Champion should be punished for having the lack of controls allowing for something like this to happen in the first place. Why is only 1 guy in charge of GT allocations? At most dealers, it's the SAs, the GSM, and/or the GM that control who gets which cars.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 AM
993KHTO
Racer

I say this kindly, and I am sure you are trying to help, but your information is incorrect. This is not how Florida law works in this situation.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Scott_in_FL
7th Gear

Originally Posted by destaccado
In my view Champion only has a short time to fix this before their reputation is completely destroyed. Pull out your pocket books and pay the guys your representative stole from with interest or your business is in trouble.
Agree 100% with this statement. As a former very satisfied customer of Champion (bought my 996 from Jim Hahn back in the good ole' days of the dealership) and the owner of a law firm right up the street, this can get very ugly, very quickly. If anyone else in management had reason to know this was going on over time (which is likely with all of the accounting reports and controls available today), then it could very well be game over. And, I find it very hard to believe that nobody knew this VP was taking more orders than he could fill -- which obviously means more deposits -- which means some set of controls should be in place wrt those deposits. If this goes the distance, we're going to see many instances where reasonable controls were either not in place, or were purposely or negligently disregarded (or too easily defeated). If I were Champion, every last check would have already been in the mail immediately upon discovery of this very unfortunate situation.

Last edited by Scott_in_FL; 09-12-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,793 Likes on 2,194 Posts

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t see how the dealership avoids full financial responsibility for this. And I hope the SA gets what’s coming to him too.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing