Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 06:06 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Question is : how many are actually telling the truth?
Why wouldn't they? It was an anonymous poll.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:17 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pope
Why wouldn't they? It was an anonymous poll.
Because it hurts a little to admit you've paid over. However,I am pretty sure the majority did pay MSRP! 80% though? I don't know...
Old 09-14-2018, 06:24 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
It would raise a red flag to me that a sales manager drives a rolls Royce
The Champion dealer is just south of Boca Raton. No place I have ever been to has oozed more "look at me, fast money sleeze" than Boca. I worked in Boca for a while. First thing, first day my colleague in Boca said is "Don't trust anybody in this town. Don't take your hand off your wallet" The whole time I was in the area the place just felt wrong. Seemed like con man central. Hardly surprising **** like this happened there, IMO.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

This whole thread and scam is making good money for IB.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:38 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Semitone
The Champion dealer is just south of Boca Raton. No place I have ever been to has oozed more "look at me, fast money sleeze" than Boca. I worked in Boca for a while. First thing, first day my colleague in Boca said is "Don't trust anybody in this town. Don't take your hand off your wallet" The whole time I was in the area the place just felt wrong. Seemed like con man central. Hardly surprising **** like this happened there, IMO.
Yes, common thing we Floridians say is that there are a lot of Shady people living in Sunny South Florida
Old 09-14-2018, 06:40 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 50 Posts

A couple of observations re this sad mess:
In the words of my late, much admired and beloved Dad, "Rich or poor it's nice to have money."
One of the perks of being rich is the ability to justify spending money on bright shiny toys, merely for ego gratification. Because, hey, Life is Short
A Fool and his money are soon parted.
Ergo: ADM
This Fool is heading to Mid Ohio for a weekend of accelerated depreciation on his bright shiny toy. Have a great weekend everyone. Go Bucks!
Old 09-14-2018, 06:40 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree, good advertising business. Next, would be YouTube version.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-fan1

Originally Posted by LexVan
This whole thread and scam is making good money for IB.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:42 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
This will have to be verified by someone or a police report. Take it for what it is. Comes from a credible source.

Shiraaz was the only person with Dave Maraj (owner of Champion) when he hit his head on his boat and drowned. The police have supposedly opened up the investigation again after this embezzlement news.

Don't flame me here ... just passing a lead on. Not a verified fact. Not meant to detract here, but could be a big piece of the story here.

Attachment 1290987

https://youtu.be/AO-VFDYy9Rk
* I will retract if not accurate.
Totally inline with my claim....

Old 09-14-2018, 06:50 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Sam, you got a quote in THE DRIVE article
Time to quit the day job!!

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334

My dealer put me on the GT3 waiting list without a charge, provided a speccable allocation at MSRP, offered retail discount to cover airfare to either ED factory delivery or Atlanta PEC delivery (including 90 minutes track time) and of course a full tank of gas. Picked my car up in Atlanta a week ago. Never bought a car there before.

Needless to say, they have my loyalty.

This is what we should expect in a PCNA franchises dealership.

*sniff* that's beautiful

edit - that dealer must actually be an idiot because why on Earth would he or she do that! Why would they treat their clients with respect and actually deliver on customer service?? They got a client with no purchase history a GT3 allocation? Wtf! I don't get it. The client is happy? Why???? All the other dealers are raking clients over coals to get them into the car they truly want, that makes more sense to me. SMH

Originally Posted by X2Board
Please PM me the name of the dealership, and salesperson. I would love to give them my money.
x3, looking into a Macan or Cayenne and I'll only hand that cash/business to a dealer that operates that way. If none exist any more so be it. PM me if you can
Old 09-14-2018, 06:57 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334

Well, 80% of Rennlisters polled did pay MSRP...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-purchase.html

80% of RLers who participated said they paid MSRP. But what % of GT3s are actually sold at MSRP? I assure you, the number is vastly different.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:58 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by neanicu
Question is : how many are actually telling the truth?
And this ^^^
Old 09-14-2018, 07:01 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

80% of RLers who participated said they paid MSRP. But what % of GT3s are actually sold at MSRP? I assure you, the number is vastly different.
Exactly and the ones who paid over usually don't post. Oh and don't forget those that paid MSRP "technically" but forget to include the other side of the deal which is the trade in. You can have an example like my friend who "technically" got his GT2RS for MSRP but is what he forgets to tell you is he also paid MSRP for a Cheyenne and another car that normally would be significantly discounted to get that deal.

I bet the true MSRP deals are WAY less than 50% much less 80%.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by promocop
THIS IS not going away soon and its going to affect the Porsche brand long after these crooks are found. It's bad for us enthusiasts!
Nah. Even dieselgate was forgotten after a month or two. This story is all the hype now, but it will be forgotten like everything else.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:03 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Exactly and the ones who paid over usually don't post. Oh and don't forget those that paid MSRP "technically" but forget to include the other side of the deal which is the trade in. You can have an example like my friend who "technically" got his GT2RS for MSRP but is what he forgets to tell you is he also paid MSRP for a Cheyenne and another car that normally would be significantly discounted to get that deal.

I bet the true MSRP deals are WAY less than 50% much less 80%.
100%
Old 09-14-2018, 07:06 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

Nah. Even dieselgate was forgotten after a month or two. This story is all the hype now, but it will be forgotten like everything else.
Maybe for some, but definitely not for all. At least for 25 people who got burned by this and others like myself who are getting fed up with the antics/games. Kind of tough to swallow getting pushed around on a $160-200k purchase minimum with cash in hand and having to "earn" a dealer's business at this point

Browsing Ferrari inventory right now actually just for the hell of it, first time I've done this in awhile

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing