GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Brokers were one part of the scam. Shiraaz has a long history of being outed for fraud and it would be nearly impossible Champion ownership and management didn't know about it. They were even addressed in previous legal filings.

Imagine how many brokers got burned too. How about the buyers they have?? Some brokers could be left in bad shape too. The trickle down effect hasn't even scratched the surface here. I bet some affected guys have no clue yet.

Yes, STEALERSHIP is now cemented in stone as an official word in the dictionary.

PCNA can't play innocent. They are the enabler here. You could only look the other way for so long before something implodes.
You (and plenty of others too) are doing an awful lot of speculating about what Champion knew and when. Yes, they were made aware earlier in the year when they were served in the Rampage lawsuit. Did they know before then? Maybe, maybe not. And what's happened between then and the latest lawsuit being filed last Friday? None of us are sure.

I'm not saying the guy was or wasn't a lone wolf. But it's not so difficult to believe that he was. Until then we are ALL just speculating.

One thing for sure, this guy was doing this a long time and it wasn't just "24 buyers". That's only what he admitted to in an email. One doesn't register this company in 2010 and then leave it dormant until now. Again, speculating, but that one's an easy one to see.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:05 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

It becomes increasingly difficult to believe that upper management was totally unaware of these activities given what appears to be a long term operation and the cash amounts involved. I cannot imagine how a full independent audit of Champion and any shell companies can be avoided before litigants can be compensated. Worse, if the untimely death of the owner is potentially linked to the fraud the scope of investigation will become that much more entangled.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Champion is always a great place to visit. Always interesting characters (and usually many GT cars) around, particularly roaming GT showroom and/or secure 100k plus square foot storage facility. If I had the coin... lol I'd make an offer today. In this market it would probably sell fast. Who controls the dealership now?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:12 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
You (and plenty of others too) are doing an awful lot of speculating about what Champion knew and when. Yes, they were made aware earlier in the year when they were served in the Rampage lawsuit. Did they know before then? Maybe, maybe not. And what's happened between then and the latest lawsuit being filed last Friday? None of us are sure.

I'm not saying the guy was or wasn't a lone wolf. But it's not so difficult to believe that he was. Until then we are ALL just speculating.

One thing for sure, this guy was doing this a long time and it wasn't just "24 buyers". That's only what he admitted to in an email. One doesn't register this company in 2010 and then leave it dormant until now. Again, speculating, but that one's an easy one to see.
^ Voice of reason. What a dumpster fire, and bummer for everyone involved.

Fwiw, and there's full disclosure inherent in the statement to come, iirc Champion has always paid every ad bill on time, both when I was at Excellence and now at 000. Never once did anyone ask for advertorial, and they understood when told that a body kit, springs, and wheels didn't make for interesting reading. They went on to build interesting cars with substantive mods, made them available for proper evaluation, and took the criticism with the praise without questioning anything. In other words, as professional an organization as I have ever dealt with. All of the above counts for something with me, as do TRAKCAR's comments in this thread. I spoke with a number of people after Dave Maraj's death who were shell-shocked...some of them who no longer worked at Champion Motorsport or Champion Racing but clearly respected and admired the guy, this after working for him for years. A lot of them say as much in the book on Champion Racing, and many of them went on to some pretty amazing careers with Audi in the ALMS and at Le Mans.

Nor is the only case of embezzlement with regards to a Porsche dealer. We had one recently at a local store to the tune of two commas. There was obviously a lot of trust granted in that case, and the victim was the dealership itself—as I suspect it (ultimately) will be in this case. But it's too early to comment on that. My guess is there is a lot of fact finding that's just getting started.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:15 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Someone should post thedrive article on there facebook or instagram

CJ and chicagowhale haven't commented cause both are busy talking to porsche on buying it, its a real nice dealership
Old 09-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,070 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
But yes, the lack of controls on Champion's behalf is quite alarming.
Talk about an understatement.
The owner's placing their entire trust in one GT car salesman???
Youre just asking for trouble.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA964993
A friend of mine is caught up in this (to the tune of 30k) and is working with their attorney on gathering copies of communication and paperwork. He's out of the country on business and I've been trying to keep him up on details. He's a physician and doing some humanitarian work in what I would call less than desirables places so doesn't have easy access to the internet.

He'll be back next week but did ask me if I've seen anything on people that were victims of this forming some type of group that have one legal representation.

He's getting his own attorney but wanted to know if everybody is coordinating into one group. He knows I'm on Rennlist and I told him there is quite a bit of chatter. I've been trying to keep up with the thread but it's obviously pretty big. Has anybody seen any kind of group getting together under one representation? Thanks for your help.
So sorry he got caught up in this.
Yes. it is buried way back in this thread, allow me to move it forward

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
Call Alan Hamish Law Firm for representation located in Naples FL. He's excellent for these type of dealer scam situations.

Alan Hamisch
Attorney at Law
501 Goodlette-Frank Rd, A-210
Naples, FL 34102

239-216-4783- OFFICE

Not possible. Thats exactly what happened.

Call Alan Hamish Law Firm for representation located in Naples FL. He's excellent for these type of dealer scam situations.

Alan Hamisch
Attorney at Law
501 Goodlette-Frank Rd, A-210
Naples, FL 34102
239-216-4783- OFFICE

Just off phone will Alan Hamisch Attorney. Victims need to call him ASAP. Alan also has contacts a DOJ.

Last edited by Perimeter; 09-14-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:22 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Terrible story all around, but a lot here want national coverage. Unfortunately not many people care. Case in point I bet none of you have heard about this: It’s considerably more $fraud. Car dealers/staff get greedy.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/38789426/f...or-bankruptcy/
Old 09-14-2018, 02:24 PM
RRSLLC
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy Champion has had no luck. Didn't their owner die in an accident in July?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:37 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

With a fluid case and investigation here there of course is speculating. Part are opinions people have the right to share. It's a given. "Must have known" and "Did know" are two different things.

The reach of this thread and publicity it has garnered will help those who have been ripped off. That's a FACT and NOT speculation.

Sorry if you see me as doing a disservice here.

Continue on ...
Old 09-14-2018, 02:38 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrox
Terrible story all around, but a lot here want national coverage. Unfortunately not many people care. Case in point I bet none of you have heard about this: It’s considerably more $fraud. Car dealers/staff get greedy.

Sheesh, RD has been a heavy radio advertiser here in DFW for the past year.. Seems like their CFO screwed them over.. Anyway, back on topic..
Old 09-14-2018, 02:48 PM
DogsPoison
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't pay for his 10 child support kids. Classic.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrox

IMO, it doesn't warrant the attention of the general public (aside from maybe the local public), but it does warrant the attention of the high-end sports car world in the US.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO

Excellent article, very well written and researched! It’s interesting how Champion’s attorney, to whom it is now referring all of the fraud victims, is the same attorney who represented and defended SOOKRALLI in the other similar litigation...

probably was engaged by champion in that litigation and had a conflict waiver with sookralli to represent him too.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I like how shiraaz burn’s us on this money and still collects the dealer fees (I paid him $850.00 in fees for Copan).........that rat bastard.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing