WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Messy situation: https://www.instagram.com/1_hour_of_heaven/
Old 09-11-2018, 11:28 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a relationship with a high level executive with Porsche North America. I’m willing to get on a plane and make some visits if anyone is willing to join me
Old 09-11-2018, 11:39 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

I'm confused. Is this a deed of a scammer who stole customers' deposit?

Or, is this guy just freaking out for no call back from SA when he already has locked PTS build under his name.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:54 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 53 Posts

Well this thread seems to have escalated quickly...

If this is legitimate then it's awful. Are we talking deposits to get on a list and then no call back, or deposits on an actual build/allocation that then vanished? I'd imagine you're pretty safe if you're already v200 with a commission number etc. so I'm wondering if it's mainly the former.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:07 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

What the heck is going on with this? Ive seen numerous things popping up about client funds disappearing now from Champion on different sites.

Have tried to deal with them twice on difference occasions with no success, but certainly not in the situation that is running around at the rumor level right now.

Anyone with first hand experience that is willing or able to share?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:08 AM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
Well this thread seems to have escalated quickly...

If this is legitimate then it's awful. Are we talking deposits to get on a list and then no call back, or deposits on an actual build/allocation that then vanished? I'd imagine you're pretty safe if you're already v200 with a commission number etc. so I'm wondering if it's mainly the former.
From what I’ve learned, Shiraz, long time salesman for Champion, took significant deposits on specialty cars that apparently didn’t exist. Champion discovered it because Shiraz, again long time employee and representative of Champion, has left town, vanished...likely in Mexico or maybe at the bottom of the Atlantic. This scam has apparently hit allot of consumers. Champion made a real bad move when they referred all communication on this thru their legal team. I have no idea how deep this gets but it sounds pretty deep. If I’m Porsche, I would have serious concern from this fall out. This is catastrophic IMO.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:12 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

I guess this begs the question, why were these deposits made directly to the salesman and not the dealership?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:12 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster

From what I’ve learned, Shiraz, long time salesman for Champion, took significant deposits on specialty cars that apparently didn’t exist. Champion discovered it because Shiraz, again long time employee and representative of Champion, has left town, vanished...likely in Mexico or maybe at the bottom of the Atlantic. This scam has apparently hit allot of consumers. Champion made a real bad move when they referred all communication on this thru their legal team. I have no idea how deep this gets but it sounds pretty deep. If I’m Porsche, I would have serious concern from this fall out. This is catastrophic IMO.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Wow. I assume all these guys with deposits $$ are SOL ??? Deposits not being honored by Champion??

This is the biggest story to hit RL I've ever seen.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:14 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Here's few unexplained things in this incident or whatever it's called.

1) What did the letter from legal team say? Return of deposits?

2) Did these customers have V200 with comm #? I'm pretty sure the guys who can afford p-cars are not mentally challenged. Unless the SA fabricated build sheet with fake comm #, as long as they have comm # with V200 status, they should be good. If not, time to get $ back

PS - this could be related to 80 GT3 allocation at champion porsche.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:14 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
I guess this begs the question, why were these deposits made directly to the salesman and not the dealership?
Yeah seems odd. Any place I have put a deposit down for future allocation requires you to pay somebody else, not the sales rep. I get a credit card receipt with business name on it and contract.

Were people paying him using Square on his iPhone?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SToronto
Yeah seems odd. Any place I have put a deposit down for future allocation requires you to pay somebody else, not the sales rep. I get a credit card receipt with business name on it and contract.

Were people paying him using Square on his iPhone?
+1 This ordeal makes no sense. You either pay the guy with CC or check to dealership's name. Very hard to embezzle money.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 724 Posts

Shouldn't be a big deal for Champion to refund deposits if they collected the money. Yes potential scammy sales rep and disappointment.

If SA took the money, how would that fly under the Champion reporting radar? Sales, accounting etc. Presume SA would've had to create paperwork using the dealer system, unless he was able to create fake documents outside the dealer platform.

Bigger deal is if the SA took the money somehow.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:23 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Last edited by silvertige; 09-12-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:23 AM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ascend
Here's few unexplained things in this incident or whatever it's called.

1) What did the letter from legal team say? Return of deposits?

2) Did these customers have V200 with comm #? I'm pretty sure the guys who can afford p-cars are not mentally challenged. Unless the SA fabricated build sheet with fake comm #, as long as they have comm # with V200 status, they should be good. If not, time to get $ back

PS - this could be related to 80 GT3 allocation at champion porsche.
comm# provided. Sales agreement provided. All communication thru Champion business, email exchange etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing