991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Old 09-13-2018, 12:00 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

There is no supply issue with Porsche GT cars. It's fake scarcity. It's as manufactured as the cars themselves. A local dealer to me has SIX (6) GT2RS incoming. These things aren't rare. They aren't hard to get. It's just built into the business model so the buying public (us) think these things are all the rage. GT3.2 allocations are STILL available. It's freakin' September. There's 3 months left in the year and these cars are supposed to be 2018 MY only. Gimme a break. There are GT3 sitting on dealer lots right now across the country and I'm to believe they are hard to get? Ha! The GT2RS is the ultimate Porsche right now. So how does a dealership in a local market next to like 5 other dealers within 30 minutes of any directions get SIX GT2RS? And I bet they got at least $150K over MSRP for each one and each buyer thinks they're the only guy to get one in town. Same for the new GT3RS. Same dealer has 4-5 incoming.

Show up to any HPDE at any given track on any given day and you're going to see tons of GT cars. How is that possible, these things are soooooo hard to get /Sarcasm.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:10 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by jsullivan
A couple of people in this thread have mentioned that they contacted PCNA directly to verify their commission number and build sheet.

Can anyone recommend a PCNA contact (email, or phone) to assist with this?
Actually you can start with the 800 number. I've had success with that in the past although it took a few transfers. If you have a complaint or concern they have a process to log calls and follow up. Back in the 991.1 days we had a GT3 concierge but after that when I've had an issue I just call the 800 number. Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:18 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
There is no supply issue with Porsche GT cars. It's fake scarcity. It's as manufactured as the cars themselves. A local dealer to me has SIX (6) GT2RS incoming. These things aren't rare. They aren't hard to get. It's just built into the business model so the buying public (us) think these things are all the rage. GT3.2 allocations are STILL available. It's freakin' September. There's 3 months left in the year and these cars are supposed to be 2018 MY only. Gimme a break. There are GT3 sitting on dealer lots right now across the country and I'm to believe they are hard to get? Ha! The GT2RS is the ultimate Porsche right now. So how does a dealership in a local market next to like 5 other dealers within 30 minutes of any directions get SIX GT2RS? And I bet they got at least $150K over MSRP for each one and each buyer thinks they're the only guy to get one in town. Same for the new GT3RS. Same dealer has 4-5 incoming.

Show up to any HPDE at any given track on any given day and you're going to see tons of GT cars. How is that possible, these things are soooooo hard to get /Sarcasm.

This should be a sticky thread.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:26 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
This should be a sticky thread.
The kicker is this dealer told me they can't get any GT3RS when I said I wanted to buy one. They said ohhh nooo nahhh we can't get those, they're too rare. No suddenly it's hey we have 5 coming in. Do you want one? But they spec'd them. Nobody wants to buy a dealer-spec'd GT car. They choose weird options and colors and combos nobody really wants. But that way, the dealer gets to control the numbers and mark up the price. But now they have a bunch coming in that are available, for a premium.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:30 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
I think 9 out of 10 here would have fallen for this. Most dealerships have dba's (doing business as) that are different names than whats on the door.
Most of us could be fooled into thinking a deal like this is legit, but I'd never succumb to putting a large deposit on a car. If a dealer asked me to deposit more than $1-2K, that would tell me that they don't trust me or something is amiss with them, and I'd walk. There are lots of scenarios in which you might not get some or any of your money back, and this scam is only one example.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:38 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Most of us could be fooled into thinking a deal like this is legit, but I'd never succumb to putting a large deposit on a car. If a dealer asked me to deposit more than $1-2K, that would tell me that they don't trust me or something is amiss with them, and I'd walk. There are lots of scenarios in which you might not get some or any of your money back, and this scam is only one example.
True. This could blow up this dealership. They KNEW what was going on. There was a Porsche dealership back in the day in Santa Monica that playing games like this with Turbos, lost their franchise.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:46 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 916 Likes on 528 Posts

I think what is happening with GT cars , is the fact that they used to be rare, but most people still carry on with this notion
I rarely saw a 997 GT3/GT3RS in my area unless you are heading to the track or near a track
the past two years I see them much more frequently all over town. They are by no means common , but not as rare as they used to be
and I think Porsche is producing much more than we know
but overall, they are still great car , and people, including myself love them
Old 09-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Above quote is key to whether or not you want to accept the sub-par offers Champion has put on the table?
I have enjoyed keeping up with your posts on Twitter and Instagram, as well.

Originally Posted by jsullivan
A couple of people in this thread have mentioned that they contacted PCNA directly to verify their commission number and build sheet.

Can anyone recommend a PCNA contact (email, or phone) to assist with this?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewpine

PCNA Email convention is:

First.Last@Porsche.US
Old 09-13-2018, 12:53 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I don't know of any other consumer product which sells above MSRP, with consumers trying to outbid each other to get it.
Wow.

Originally Posted by NDGal
Almost every Steel/Sports Rolex model.
Patek 5711
AP Royal Oak steel.
Omega Speedy Tuesday.
Any hyped up rapper sneaker...
LV Supreme...
Hermes Birkin & Kelly handbags.

The list is looooooooong...
Indeed. And happens in almost every market where there is perceived collectibility or investment potential.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Wow.

Indeed. And happens in almost every market where there is perceived collectibility or investment potential.
I guess I don't buy that hyped kind of stuff, or I'm patient (got two GT cars at MSRP, and weren't hard to get despite my not being a VIP - the cars actually driven too).
Old 09-13-2018, 01:16 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UserA
Luckily, I only like air cooled 911s so people don't have to even try to fleece money out of me, I freely give it to them.
I actually lol'd at this. Funny because I know those feelings though I seem to give away cash on my newer GT car as well
Old 09-13-2018, 01:26 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
I have enjoyed keeping up with your posts on Twitter and Instagram, as well.
Thank you for the support.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:27 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Re: Shiraaz Sookralli

First page on this thread has been updated with summary of story and links to public court filings. Just trying to help the guys here. Not a victim myself.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:33 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Do any other brands have the practice of the retailer selling over MSRP? I realize there aren't any laws preventing it and still games played by selling new car purchases at MSRP back to the dealer. But does anyone else do it as blatantly and rampantly as the Porsche GT ADM game; where the dealer is actually charging over MSRP on new merchandise? I'm all for free market but it does seem like Porsche is risking some longer-term brand damage in the US with how their GT product is being distributed? I am fortunate enough to by most of my stuff at MSRP. So I benefit from the "small-depreciation" effect of ADM's being added on top. But it does seem like it's tarnishing the brand a little. Idk?

How does Rolex enforce no over-MSRP new sales? I'm sure most truly loyal and BIG long-term Porsche clients are taken care of and able to buy at list. But this current ADM environment just breeds an "auction to highest bidder" client base vs a brand loyalty model. Maybe the current adm game is worth more in the near-term than any longer-term brand loyalty creates? Maybe the dealers and Porsche are smart because the whole model and product is going to be a dinosaur (along with its client base) in a few years?
Remember this. Hilarious in hindsight.

https://www.motor1.com/news/48951/bm...rships-report/
Old 09-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Real question arising from all of this....

How much will my GT car depreciate?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing